Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 04-27-2011, 05:45 AM   #4981 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEadERest View Post
Is anyone still playing Spore and if so, what is it like?
I played spore quite a bit right after it came out. It's a decent game for sure, but kind of depends on what you're looking to get out of it. I only say that because of how many layers this game has (with some done better than others). If you can get it for super cheap I'd say grab a copy. It's worth the price of admission just for the cell stage, galaxy stage, and creature creator. All the rest is a little... meh.

If you're looking for something Spore related that's also a bit newer, DarkSpore came out yesterday. Basically it's an RPG/Diablo 2 clone with all the elements of the spore creature creator. Cool concept but the reviews are pretty mixed at this point.

If you're into speedruns, I do verifications sometimes for SDA and had a dude who tried doing a spore speedrun. Not bad, untill he ended up spending a few HOURS in the galaxy stage haha. Let me know if you want it, I might be able to find a copy and send it your way.

Go Canada!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #4982 (permalink)

Currently i am playing one of my favorite Conquer Antarctica game. This game is very interesting to play.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:44 AM   #4983 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealrob View Post
Picked up Portal 2 last week. Haven't had a ton of time to play, but what I have played I've loved! Many laugh-out-loud moments. Great writing, great environments. Puzzles are a little easier this time round, but I'm not complaining.
This is a great game. You will not be disappointed and will be able to spend hours playing it. I got it as well and can't seem to stop playing since I got it last week.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #4984 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Just bought Portal 2 but never beat #1 so I went back.

Am I the only one who keeps shooting the elevator doors while waiting for the next room?
Old 05-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #4985 (permalink)

So I caved to all the SUPER WICKED AWESOME reviews and bought, played, and beat (single player) Portal 2 today.

My review: Meh.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:54 AM   #4986 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

good for you, man
Old 05-01-2011, 05:45 PM   #4987 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

For anyone not sold on Portal 2, I think this video does a good job of showing why it's awesome (Warning: Spoilers for the intro):

Old 05-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #4988 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
good for you, man
Sorry for trying to throw in an honest comment that happens to be against the grain.

It wasn't bad, it just wasn't worth $50. The story was better than the first, but the puzzles were way less challenging, even with all the new shit thrown in. That was disappointing.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #4989 (permalink)

Fuck! I just broke out of an 8 loss streak in SC2. Fucking ended it with a banshee rush cheese. Kind of embarrassing. I have a long way to go.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #4990 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Coming to the end of Dead Space 2 - fuckin love this shit. I play it before bed and can't sleep great but its worth it. I love scaring myself and this does it in spades.

Can't decide whether to go back to Red Dead Redemption which I've only played for about 4 hours or start Resident Evil 5 finally. Only 2 weeks till my second child is born so trying to maxmize on the little playing time I get as it is.

I wish my country would stop being a bunch of over-protective idiots and let adults buy adult games for adults to play at adult time. ie; the new Mortal Kombat. I've had every game before and I know they aren't INCREDIBLE but I've enjoyed them all so seeing how much people like this new one makes it suck even harder that we can't get an R18+ rating in place.