Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 05-09-2011, 12:34 AM   #5001 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealrob View Post
If anyone reading this has not tried any of the Penumbra's or Amnesia give them a shot. You won't be disappointed.
I second Amnesia, it's freakin' awesome.

I'm in the middle of Overture right now, sooo good. I only play it past midnight, with the lights off, and my headphones on...but the game itself needs none of my help to make it eerie.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #5002 (permalink)

Tag team MK is frenetic as hell.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #5003 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Preloaded it. Waiting until 9 pm tonight when all my "real life" stuff is done so I can get into it.

Curious if anyone else is playing. Would like to see what it's like with headsets.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #5004 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrucial View Post

Preloaded it. Waiting until 9 pm tonight when all my "real life" stuff is done so I can get into it.

Curious if anyone else is playing. Would like to see what it's like with headsets.
I bought it last night but haven't had a chance to touch it yet. Going to take a whack in a couple of minutes. Reviews are mixed, but most of the negative ones seem to think CoD and Halo are the shining standards that this game doesn't live up to, and considering I think those games are shit, I'm expecting good things.

EDIT: Played for about an hour and a half just now. It was...okay. Probably way more fun playing with people you know on vent or something. None of my friends have it, and probably won't get it.

Last edited by fluxquanta; 05-10-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:43 AM   #5005 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
I bought it last night but haven't had a chance to touch it yet. Going to take a whack in a couple of minutes. Reviews are mixed, but most of the negative ones seem to think CoD and Halo are the shining standards that this game doesn't live up to, and considering I think those games are shit, I'm expecting good things.

EDIT: Played for about an hour and a half just now. It was...okay. Probably way more fun playing with people you know on vent or something. None of my friends have it, and probably won't get it.
I've been waiting for Brink for... I dunno, pretty much as long as concept art has come out for it. This is a huge disappointment. Now I have only L.A. Noire to look forward to in the near future.

Seriously, with all the general disappointments recently (not total fucking garbage, but 'disappointment'), I'm considering renting games instead of buying. That's it... if L.A.N is shit, I'm officially a jaded gamer. Revised thoughts on Portal 2 - meh.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:33 AM   #5006 (permalink)

Watched Giant Bomb's Quick Look of Brink; looks like a really bad Battlefield.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #5007 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Watched Giant Bomb's Quick Look of Brink; looks like a really bad Battlefield.
It's not really. I can't say it's bad, but I'm having a hard time saying it's really good, too.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #5008 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I was really looking forward to Brink and so far I'm pretty disappointed.

Besides the things most reviews have been listing, I have an ATI card which means the screen likes to turn everything blue.

(I looked up fixes but so far none have worked for me, so I wait patiently for a patch).
Old 05-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #5009 (permalink)

Quote:

Besides the things most reviews have been listing, I have an ATI card which means the screen likes to turn everything blue.

(I looked up fixes but so far none have worked for me, so I wait patiently for a patch).
Brink Gets Patched - PC News at IGN

Your patience has been rewarded
Old 05-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #5010 (permalink)

Quote:

One of my friends did buy it tonight, and he's running an nVidia 9800, and he's having a hell of a time with it too. Managed to get it to start once and said it ran beautifully, but then he closed the game to do something else and now can't get it started again.

While he was playing with me, though, it was WAY more fun than trying to play alone. All we did was go through the 1 star challenges so he could get all the basic weapons/mods, but it was pretty enjoyable.

My steam name is thirdchildikari (I think, it may be FluxQuanta -- I know that's my display name and I'm in the KATG steam group) if you want to give it a shot with us.