Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 06-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #5051 (permalink)

uncharted 3 beta for the WIN
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:05 AM   #5052 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Addicted to this currently
Zombie Pandemic
Old 07-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #5053 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I picked up Bastion day 1 on xbox live on Giantbomb's glowing suggestion. I am in-fucking-love with this game.

It's fun as all hell, the graphics and music are gorgeous and the narrator thing is pretty unique. It's similar to other isometric RPG's (Diablo for instance) but everything you do is narrated by someone who sounds very much like Ron Pearlman.

If you at all like 3/4 overhead dungeon crawlers I highly suggest you check it out. It's $15:

Gameplay at :40 in.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #5054 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealrob View Post
Totally makes me want to get back into TF2. Speaking of which...

Also, been HARDCORE nerding out and playing DDO (Dungeons and Dragons online). Starting into the table version too. Yeah, I know.
Its ok. I feel you. Magic online is what got me playing magic irl. :/
Old 07-20-2011, 09:36 PM   #5055 (permalink)

Magicka, anyone? That's my new obsession. And I'm late to the Mass Effect game, but I'm also currently playing the first one. I love it!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #5056 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkielarue View Post
Magicka, anyone? That's my new obsession. And I'm late to the Mass Effect game, but I'm also currently playing the first one. I love it!
Just bought it for me and 2 other KATG fans. We've got it on Steam. PM me and I'll add you to the friends list.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:37 PM   #5057 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrucial View Post
I picked up Bastion day 1 on xbox live on Giantbomb's glowing suggestion. I am in-fucking-love with this game.

It's fun as all hell, the graphics and music are gorgeous and the narrator thing is pretty unique. It's similar to other isometric RPG's (Diablo for instance) but everything you do is narrated by someone who sounds very much like Ron Pearlman.

If you at all like 3/4 overhead dungeon crawlers I highly suggest you check it out. It's $15:

Gameplay at :40 in.
Just wondering, have you heard anything about how long the game is? I'm just cautious that I might be spending 15 bucks on 2 hours of fun here. It looks pretty sweet, but I'm strangely pessimistic about this one... usually I JUMP on isometric dungeon crawlers. Maybe I'm getting old *shudders*
Old 07-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #5058 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealrob View Post
Just wondering, have you heard anything about how long the game is? I'm just cautious that I might be spending 15 bucks on 2 hours of fun here. It looks pretty sweet, but I'm strangely pessimistic about this one... usually I JUMP on isometric dungeon crawlers. Maybe I'm getting old *shudders*
I played it for 3 hrs yesterday and it doesn't feel close to finished but I guess there's no way to know.

They also have a system where you can add modifiers (e.g. enemies move twice as fast) and make the game as hard as you like.

I really think its my favourite game of the year, maybe the last few years so I expect to replay it with the modifiers a bunch of times.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #5059 (permalink)

I just picked up Bastion as well. So far, so good! Also really looking forward to Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet coming out. I've been waiting on it since I played it at PAXEast!
Old 07-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #5060 (permalink)

I've been playing Bastion for another 3 hours tonight and it continues to blow my mind with how much I like it.

It does the "carrot-on-a-stick" thing so damn well! I won't spoil it but there's always something more you have to do. As soon as you are getting bored it opens up a new task(s).

As a long time MMO player this is a huge draw for me.

Last week, after buying 30 games on the Steam sale and playing none this week, I was thinking "Man, I think I might have outgrown games". It's not that, you just need a great game and I think Bastion is it.