Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 08-31-2011, 11:54 PM   #5101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchLives View Post
I've played Fallout 3 and New Vegas and I think they were terrible compared to Borderlands
You're just full of bad opinions on the forums today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealrob View Post
Borderlands, on the other hand, blew me the fuck away.
It was trying too hard to be too many things, and not really succeeding. It wasn't a great RPG, wasn't a great shooter, it was decent for multiplayer, but not the best, the quests were repetitive...but to each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealrob View Post
but this is a breath of fresh air for gaming in 2010
Maybe you should stop playing games and check a calendar...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:59 AM   #5102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
It was trying too hard to be too many things, and not really succeeding. It wasn't a great RPG, wasn't a great shooter, it was decent for multiplayer, but not the best, the quests were repetitive...but to each his own.
Nobody forget this guy liked Brink.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:03 AM   #5103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Nobody forget this guy liked Brink.
Oh ho, burn on me.

Let's also not forget I've played it once since June (to try out the new DLC).
Old 09-01-2011, 07:14 AM   #5104 (permalink)

Brink tried less things and did what little it tried to do even worse than Borderlands, so trying to tell people that you didn't like it for any of your stated reasons is what I would categorize as a "joke".
Old 09-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #5105 (permalink)

I don't know why my opinion is the bad one, it seems people agree with me. I like Borderlands because it has good humor, good shooting, good story, and good leveling system.
Holy shit! I admit I bought Brink, but I also took it back after playing it once. The extreme gun customization was the only good thing about it. Too bad you have to play hours of a shitty game to unlock anything.
Borderlands still probably has a larger variety of guns. It uses generators to piece together all sorts of different weapons. Over 17,750,000 possible guns.

Edit: Also, Brink had less storyline than doctorsleep's sex life.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #5106 (permalink)

People are allowed to like whatever games they want. If he liked Brink and not many other people did who gives a shit as long as he had fun. I liked Eyepet deal with it.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #5107 (permalink)

Eyepet, for people so pathetic only virtual animals don't leave them.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #5108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
Indeed, to each his own. I can't remember exactly what I played in 2009/10 (YES I did check the dates, for your edification), but Borderlands was a real standout. Regardless of whether or not I was playing single or multi, I had a blast. I won't nit-pick your comment and suggest that you were really using some arbitrary "best" measurement in regards to its multiplayer, but I sincerely cannot remember a bad time I had while playing that game. Sure it wasn't the "best," but what really is? I have only ever had so much fun in a co-op online experience as when I played Diablo 2 back in the day. Was that the best? Hardly. But it was damn fun. Shame on me for liking something you didn't.

Quote:
Maybe you should stop playing games and check a calendar...
Ahh yes, I'm very glad you pointed that out. This entire website might have ceased to exist had you not mentioned that. Bravo.

On an unrelated to the above but still related to gaming note, has anyone here tried Gemini Rue? If not, it's a super-cheap indie game, pretty much created single-handedly by this one dude. It's a totally faithful early/mid 90's point and click, if you're into that kind of thing. Video below will describe what I can't.

This idea might have come out before, but if anyone's interested, why don't we set up a book clubesque game club. You know, we all play a title for a few weeks or a month or whatever - old or new - and then have a conversation about it. A real conversation, full of thoughtful ideas. I know, it's about games so that probably isn't possible, but who's with me?

Go Canada!
Old 09-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #5109 (permalink)

I was going preorder Deus Ex Revolution but the dude at Gamestop said "Deuce Ex" so I just walked out. I can't deal with that kind of ignorance in the gaming field from someone in the gaming field.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #5110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchLives View Post
I was going preorder Deus Ex Revolution but the dude at Gamestop said "Deuce Ex" so I just walked out. I can't deal with that kind of ignorance in the gaming field from someone in the gaming field.
Same thing happened to me. I jokingly corrected him - Day-Us Ex - and told him that I used to call it that too. He looked at me like I was retarded.