Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 02-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #5271 (permalink)

I think he's implying that anyone that can speak so thoroughly about a video game must not have ever felt the pleasures of a woman.

So everyone in this thread really needs to tread carefully now.

SKYRIM BAD! ARGH! SMASH!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:37 AM   #5272 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
I didn't say that, but if you want to feel offended by my post go right ahead
nope, dont give a shit.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #5273 (permalink)

On a more related note, anyone gonna get Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning? It looks like Skyrim meets God of War... with COLOR!

However I almost don't want to get it is dissuading used game purchases. New copies of the game has a code for "day 1 DLC content" so if you buy it used you'll have to buy it later which would probably offset the money saved used. Fuck this new trend of eliminating used games.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #5274 (permalink)

I think I'm becoming almost an RPG snob in certain aspects. I need options and a more fluid system to allow good customizing of my character, which also enhances replayability. Kingdoms doesn't sound like it has that. 3 class trees, that's it?

Got Space Pirates and Zombies (SPaZ) for $4 on Steam. It's ok. Haven't finished the campaign yet, so maybe I should hold my opinion, but I have little hope for me ever playing it again afterwards.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #5275 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
I think I'm becoming almost an RPG snob in certain aspects. I need options and a more fluid system to allow good customizing of my character, which also enhances replayability. Kingdoms doesn't sound like it has that. 3 class trees, that's it?
KoA did say however that respecing is easy and sounds almost like you can do it on the fly. As opposed to skyrim's NEVER RESPEC EVER mentality its very appealing. But I do agree that skyrim's leveling system is the most innovative thing I've ever seen, however I'd like to see that system combined with an XP system. It's very unfulfilling to finish quests and get nothing but useless rewards or gold (with which there is nothing to buy).
Old 02-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #5276 (permalink)

Respecing has little enjoyment if you're only going from some lame mundane build into another lame mundane build

Haven't played Skyrim
Old 02-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #5277 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
On a more related note, anyone gonna get Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning? It looks like Skyrim meets God of War... with COLOR!

However I almost don't want to get it is dissuading used game purchases. New copies of the game has a code for "day 1 DLC content" so if you buy it used you'll have to buy it later which would probably offset the money saved used. Fuck this new trend of eliminating used games.
The demo's up on xbox live. It seems a little like fable, but with more generic rpg elements included as well. I couldn't get into it. It overproduced for how clunky it is. I think EA games are usually like that.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #5278 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Finally picked up a PS3. Favourite game has always been Final Fantasy Tactics so I picked up one with a similar play style.

I like it a lot but it's overwhelmingly insane. Stacking units 8 people high, smashing 2 monsters together to make a giant monster, turning characters into guns for other characters to use... insane.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #5279 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrucial View Post
Finally picked up a PS3. Favourite game has always been Final Fantasy Tactics so I picked up one with a similar play style.

I like it a lot but it's overwhelmingly insane. Stacking units 8 people high, smashing 2 monsters together to make a giant monster, turning characters into guns for other characters to use... insane.
I played Disgaea 1 and I found the major distinction between FFT (greatest RPG ever) and any other strategy RPG is the turn system. In FFT it's time based with quicker units atticking more frequently. In Disgaea its a fucking free for all where enemies can gang rape your teammates in the mouth, ass, pussy, bellybutton and 3 other orifices they make with their weapons in a single turn. That alone ruins it for me.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #5280 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
I played Disgaea 1 and I found the major distinction between FFT (greatest RPG ever) and any other strategy RPG is the turn system. In FFT it's time based with quicker units atticking more frequently. In Disgaea its a fucking free for all where enemies can gang rape your teammates in the mouth, ass, pussy, bellybutton and 3 other orifices they make with their weapons in a single turn. That alone ruins it for me.
I'll have to see where it goes. I think I only beat the first 4 missions so far.

Tactics is up on the PSN store so if this one doesn't work out I'll just go buy that one.