Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Talk Shite (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   What Game Are You Playing At The Moment? (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/what-game-you-playing-moment-11053/)

serial_x 08-20-2008 05:49 AM

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment?

My Xbox 360 has been out of it's box for roughly a week now and, even though it's only hooked up to my crappy SD TV, i'm thoroughly impressed.

Anyways, this is slightly copied off standardman's movie thread but i thought it may be good to have a thread to talk games without it turning into a console vs console war.

I've finished the main missions of Saint's Row, with only Activities to do now and i started on Condemned a few nights ago. After i'm finished having the shit scared out of me with Condemned, i'll be starting on Battlefield: Bad Company which i bought today. I'm not much for war games but the demo for BF: BC was quite fun... reminded me of Full Metal Jacket.

What game are you playing at the moment? Any console, it doesn't matter.

motownguy 08-20-2008 05:52 AM

Microsoft Outlook ... the game is "Which Meeting Can I Move." I play it every now and then when my best customer says, "can we do our meeting at the bar at 3:30?"

Bebe 08-20-2008 07:20 AM

Super Mario Galaxy.

StereoKill 08-20-2008 07:55 AM

Bionic Commando: Rearmed and Geometry Wars Evolved 2. Geometry Wars is especially addicting...:D

standardman 08-20-2008 08:11 AM

Nice idea, may as well use this thread to talk about a game I'm more than little obsessed with at the moment.

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. I blame my fascination with Chernobyl on the movie and book this game is based on so buying it was automatic.

The game itself is a flawed gem - it's atmosphere is unparalleled and it's large areas, population of different factions and day/night/weather cycles make it feel persistent. Unfortunately, it's also very buggy.

To remedy this I'm using the mod Oblivion Lost, which takes Oblivion as an inspiration and makes the game completely non-linear with non-playable characters having their own behavior; organising groups for raids and exploration, nuclear blowouts can happen at any time, nights are scarier, the wildlife is more vicious and it's a generally improved and more hostile experience.

Upon starting a new game with this mod, I played like I did the first time, merrily setting out with my pistol and low body armor to explore. I got killed fast.

The second time, I waited in the small abandoned village some Stalkers used as a makeshift base until bandits attacked. After the Stalkers in residence fended the bandits off, I took weapons and supplies from the dead and tagged along for a raid. I defend myself against packs of mutated wild dogs and cats and watched for anomalies as it started to rain, occasionally meeting other groups going about their business - some friendly, others hostile.

The raid itself was easy as my quarry's focus was on the wildlife that had started to get closer to the disused housing they called a base - a few grenades and we were free to take the supplies we needed, the remaining animals fought amongst themselves.

Once the raid was over and rain had cleared, I heard gunfire and shouting brake out in the distance. Running over a train track toward the sound, I saw a conflict between two factions in and around a dilapidated farmhouse. After watching for a while, I decided to align myself with one side and joined in.

Gunfights in STALKER are brutal and unforgiving, enemies outflank you and yell to each other in Russian, a well-placed shot can kill you and wounds must be bandaged else you'll bleed to death. I decided to use the faction I was 'helping' as a distraction and got to high ground, from there I picked off anyone who ventured out of cover as the gunfight raged below. Eventually, no Stalkers were left and I scavenged what I could carry from the bodies, selling it on for money to buy anti-rad, food and better armor.

I stopped at a campsite for the night and watched my fellow Stalkers sing Russian folk songs around the fire and play guitar, occasionally stopping to defend against mutants and bandits. At dawn I set off to explore The Zone.

TL;DR - it's good.

serial_x 08-20-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StereoKill (Post 440947)
Bionic Commando: Rearmed and Geometry Wars Evolved 2. Geometry Wars is especially addicting...:D

Geometry Wars is insane, that and Hexic HD i could play for hours. However Geometry Wars makes one of my kittens go insane for some reason, so i can only play it until he realises it's on then he bounces around in front of the screen which is highly distracting.

motownguy 08-20-2008 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by standardman (Post 440951)
Nice idea, may as well use this thread to talk about a game I'm more than little obsessed with at the moment.

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. I blame my fascination with Chernobyl on the movie and book this game is based on so buying it was automatic. At dawn I set off to explore The Zone.

TL;DR - it's good.

Sounds like fun ...

standardman 08-20-2008 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motownguy (Post 440955)
live in Russia

I don't think there's many comic book stores in Chernobyl.

Ironman Bobby 08-20-2008 08:25 AM

Final Fantasy IV DS
Desktop tower Defense
madden 09
make up work for myself so i dont get fired
Trukz

stalker clear skies comes out soon!

darksun3173 08-20-2008 08:27 AM

Games

World of Warcraft....I'm gearing up for the new expansion pack.