Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Talk Shite (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   What Game Are You Playing At The Moment? (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/what-game-you-playing-moment-11053/)

serial_x 08-30-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iheartnihilism (Post 445818)
Fuck. I adore the Oddworld games. :: sad face::

Did you know that another Oddworld game has been announced but could still be a few years off?

Maxis Co-founder Details New Oddworld Game

22nd May 2008
Industry veteran and Maxis co-founder Jeff Braun detailed his involvement in the development of a new Oddworld game with series creators Oddworld Inhabitants, the Cord Weekly reports.
Speaking at Wilfrid Laurier University yesterday, Braun boasted that the next Oddworld title will feature a revolutionary, cinematic quality 3D animation system that could rival CG motion pictures. He also hinted that the next installment in the Oddworld series may be released in an episodic format, but that the new title may be years away from release.

"The rendering tools are getting so good now for 3D animation that you can literally create a linear animation and create a video game using the exact same objects," Braun said. "The tools are finally getting to the level where we can come out with a show and we can come up with a game."

"[Oddworld Inhabitants] is such a talented group of people and I really trust their ability to create compelling content," he added.

After the release of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (Xbox) in 2005, Oddworld Inhabitants closed its doors on game development to focus on expanding the series to other mediums such as CG feature films. A year later, Inhabitants founder Lorne Lanning revealed plans for a movie and game based on a property called Citizen Siege, though little was heard after that announcement.

Spanning four console titles and a variety of gameplay genres, the Oddworld series was kicked off in 1997 with the release of Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee on the PlayStation. The series often sports a light-hearted sense of humor coupled with dark themes and storytelling.

BarryK 08-30-2008 10:51 AM

Bioshock...its pretty trippy

lebowski 08-30-2008 11:02 AM

I'm playing Folklore for ps3

standardman 08-30-2008 11:13 AM

Just packing for a gaming marathon. Wii, 360, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, Gameboy Advance and DS games will be played and not much sleep will be had, if any.

DudeEMETIB 08-30-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by standardman (Post 445839)
Just packing for a gaming marathon. Wii, 360, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, Gameboy Advance and DS games will be played and not much sleep will be had.

I came.

madeyeshawn 08-30-2008 11:22 AM

Im playing castle crashers and Bionic Comando rearmed Xbox live arcade

Also playing FF4 on DS

lebowski 08-30-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madeyeshawn (Post 445843)
Im playing castle crashers and Bionic Comando rearmed Xbox live arcade

Also playing FF4 on DS

I just became a paladin in ff4 for ds, how far are you?

madeyeshawn 08-30-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhesusattack (Post 445823)
I just bought my 360 a couple of months ago and have been trying to catch up with all the great games I missed. I was simultaneously playing through Bioshock, Half Life 2, Halo 3, and GTA IV. Then I bought Geometry Wars 2.

Those are all good buys.

I would also recommend the soon coming NHL09. It will have a bad ass MMORPG Hockey player mode... Im super stoked about this. I might even buy a camera so i can have my player with my face.

I have a league of cool peeps if anyone wants to join it with me and hit the ice let me know.

Some cool arcade buys besides GEO2 would be: Pacman Championship edition, N+, and Poker smash.

Also if your looking for a cool co op game to play with wife/gf... get viva pinata trouble in paradise. It will be 40$ and it comes out this week. Its awesome and gives out plenty of achievement points.

madeyeshawn 08-30-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lebowski (Post 445854)
I just became a paladin in ff4 for ds, how far are you?

Im at the first major boss. the dragon in the waterfall.

I been busy reading books, so im slow with my ds gaming.

The fighting is too slow in this game, but im hoping that gets better once i get further.

standardman 08-30-2008 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB (Post 445841)
I came.

My record for just the none stop game playing at these is 29 hours.