Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Talk Shite (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   What Game Are You Playing At The Moment? (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/what-game-you-playing-moment-11053/)

DudeEMETIB 05-09-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unrealrob (Post 699752)
If anyone reading this has not tried any of the Penumbra's or Amnesia give them a shot. You won't be disappointed.

I second Amnesia, it's freakin' awesome.

I'm in the middle of Overture right now, sooo good. I only play it past midnight, with the lights off, and my headphones on...but the game itself needs none of my help to make it eerie.

Cretaceous Bob 05-10-2011 11:27 AM

Tag team MK is frenetic as hell.

bluecrucial 05-10-2011 05:14 PM

http://www.splashdamage.com/images/c...ink_box_pc.jpg

Preloaded it. Waiting until 9 pm tonight when all my "real life" stuff is done so I can get into it.

Curious if anyone else is playing. Would like to see what it's like with headsets.

fluxquanta 05-10-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecrucial (Post 700242)
http://www.splashdamage.com/images/c...ink_box_pc.jpg

Preloaded it. Waiting until 9 pm tonight when all my "real life" stuff is done so I can get into it.

Curious if anyone else is playing. Would like to see what it's like with headsets.

I bought it last night but haven't had a chance to touch it yet. Going to take a whack in a couple of minutes. Reviews are mixed, but most of the negative ones seem to think CoD and Halo are the shining standards that this game doesn't live up to, and considering I think those games are shit, I'm expecting good things.

EDIT: Played for about an hour and a half just now. It was...okay. Probably way more fun playing with people you know on vent or something. None of my friends have it, and probably won't get it.

unrealrob 05-11-2011 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluxquanta (Post 700245)
I bought it last night but haven't had a chance to touch it yet. Going to take a whack in a couple of minutes. Reviews are mixed, but most of the negative ones seem to think CoD and Halo are the shining standards that this game doesn't live up to, and considering I think those games are shit, I'm expecting good things.

EDIT: Played for about an hour and a half just now. It was...okay. Probably way more fun playing with people you know on vent or something. None of my friends have it, and probably won't get it.

I've been waiting for Brink for... I dunno, pretty much as long as concept art has come out for it. This is a huge disappointment. Now I have only L.A. Noire to look forward to in the near future.

Seriously, with all the general disappointments recently (not total fucking garbage, but 'disappointment'), I'm considering renting games instead of buying. That's it... if L.A.N is shit, I'm officially a jaded gamer. Revised thoughts on Portal 2 - meh.

Cretaceous Bob 05-12-2011 01:33 AM

Watched Giant Bomb's Quick Look of Brink; looks like a really bad Battlefield.

fluxquanta 05-12-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob (Post 700370)
Watched Giant Bomb's Quick Look of Brink; looks like a really bad Battlefield.

It's not really. I can't say it's bad, but I'm having a hard time saying it's really good, too.

bluecrucial 05-12-2011 05:37 PM

I was really looking forward to Brink and so far I'm pretty disappointed.

Besides the things most reviews have been listing, I have an ATI card which means the screen likes to turn everything blue.

(I looked up fixes but so far none have worked for me, so I wait patiently for a patch).

NZHippo 05-12-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecrucial (Post 700447)

Besides the things most reviews have been listing, I have an ATI card which means the screen likes to turn everything blue.

(I looked up fixes but so far none have worked for me, so I wait patiently for a patch).

Brink Gets Patched - PC News at IGN

Your patience has been rewarded

fluxquanta 05-12-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecrucial (Post 700447)

One of my friends did buy it tonight, and he's running an nVidia 9800, and he's having a hell of a time with it too. Managed to get it to start once and said it ran beautifully, but then he closed the game to do something else and now can't get it started again.

While he was playing with me, though, it was WAY more fun than trying to play alone. All we did was go through the 1 star challenges so he could get all the basic weapons/mods, but it was pretty enjoyable.

My steam name is thirdchildikari (I think, it may be FluxQuanta -- I know that's my display name and I'm in the KATG steam group) if you want to give it a shot with us.