Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 10-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #2591 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. Via twitter, facebook, katg people and my own self, here's my PS2 shopping list so far:

Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3
Yakuza
Yakuza 2
Odin Sphere
Persona 4
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3
Final Fantasy X
Ratchet and Clank
Shadow of Colossus
Ico
Rayman Anniversary collection
Silent Hill 3
Onimusha Warlords
Onimusha 2
Onimusha 3
Onimusha 4
Katamari
Sly Cooper
Sly 2
Sly 3
Spider-man 2
Soul Reaver 2
The Red Star
And maybe Fatal Frame.

Suggestions? Discussion? Name calling?

(I'll get God of War on the PS3)
not a bad list. skip devil may cry 2 and onimusha 2. bad parts of great series. and only get warlords if you get it incredibly cheap. its a rental only type of game.

play the second ratchet and clank, the first one is passable.

final fantasy x is a shit show, but xii is awesome, probably my favorite of the series.

try and get the subsistence version of MGS:3. the free camera really makes for a better game.

and try virtua fighter 4 evo. best fighting games hands down. LOVE IT. i still know all the button combos.

i'll try and think of more games, i loved the ps2.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #2592 (permalink)

Ace Combat 5
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Gran Turismo 4
Hitman: Blood Money
Jak 2 and 3
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Shinobi (this game isn't for everyone, but I loved it, actually, it made me cry it was so hard, but I loved it)
Viewtiful Joe
Xenosaga series
Zone of Enders 2

All good games that are worth your time. where did the years go that i owned a ps2?
Old 10-23-2009, 10:04 PM   #2593 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions. Via twitter, facebook, katg people and my own self, here's my PS2 shopping list so far:

Metal Gear Solid 3
Yakuza
Yakuza 2
Odin Sphere
Persona 4
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Devil May Cry 3
Final Fantasy X
Ratchet and Clank
Shadow of Colossus
Ico
Rayman Anniversary collection
Silent Hill 3
Onimusha Warlords
Onimusha 2
Onimusha 3
Onimusha 4
Katamari
Sly Cooper
Sly 2
Sly 3
Spider-man 2
Soul Reaver 2
The Red Star
And maybe Fatal Frame.

Suggestions? Discussion? Name calling?

(I'll get God of War on the PS3)
Shadow of the Colossus is a great game.

I couldn't really get into Devil May Cry 3, it's good.. i just wasn't really a fan of the checkpoint system.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:17 AM   #2594 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kydizzle View Post
not a bad list. skip devil may cry 2 and onimusha 2. bad parts of great series. and only get warlords if you get it incredibly cheap. its a rental only type of game.

play the second ratchet and clank, the first one is passable.

final fantasy x is a shit show, but xii is awesome, probably my favorite of the series.

try and get the subsistence version of MGS:3. the free camera really makes for a better game.

and try virtua fighter 4 evo. best fighting games hands down. LOVE IT. i still know all the button combos.

i'll try and think of more games, i loved the ps2.
I'd heard about Devil May Cry 2 being not so great but not about Onimusha 2, i'll skip past them both, thanks. Is the fourth Onimusha good? I heard it's a departure for the series, which can be a good or bad thing. The first Onimusha seems to be going for cheap.

I was unsure on Ratchet and Clank, so i'll do just that. How is Jak and Daxter? I don't know a great deal about that series.

Isn't XII the MMO, or am I getting them mixed up?

Tried to get MGS3 Subsistence but it's selling for retarded prices, I hear the 3rd game talked about as the best so i'll get the normal edition anyway.

I've got the Virtua Fighter series well covered on other consoles - been a fan since the first one with it's triangle characters that could poke your eye out. I think the series is the perfect balance between the depth and required skill of Street Fighter and the lovely 3D graphics of Tekken.

Quote:
Ace Combat 5
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Gran Turismo 4
Hitman: Blood Money
Jak 2 and 3
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Shinobi (this game isn't for everyone, but I loved it, actually, it made me cry it was so hard, but I loved it)
Viewtiful Joe
Xenosaga series
Zone of Enders 2

All good games that are worth your time. where did the years go that i owned a ps2?
I'm not really a sim guy when it comes to vehicles - i'm a After Burner/Burnout kind of guy. I like it when things go fast and explode, rather than when I have to adjust the tire pressure.

What the hell is Disgaea? It's a Final Fantasy thing, right?

I've got Blood Money on my pc, easily the best of the series - more puzzle game than action game.

I'm not super familiar with Jak or Metal Arms, feel free to drop knowledge.

I loved the Shinobi games on my mega drive (hell, I loved the comics in Sonic The Comic), is it anything like those. I've pretty much taken on Ninja Gaiden for my ultra-hard ninja fix.

Got Viewiful Joe 1 and 2 on my cube, so much fun.

Xenosaga is a game I always hear about but i've never tried, I'll give it a look.

I played ZOE to death on friend's consoles, I really want a new one to hurry up and come out.

Thanks for all the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
Shadow of the Colossus is a great game.

I couldn't really get into Devil May Cry 3, it's good.. i just wasn't really a fan of the checkpoint system.
I know what you mean, a bad checkpoint system can kill your enjoyment of a game. I was playing Wolverine recently and dying on the boss battles would make me walk to the area again, fight some small guys and sit through a cut scene before I could try again.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:57 AM   #2595 (permalink)

Quote:
Tried to get MGS3 Subsistence but it's selling for retarded prices, I hear the 3rd game talked about as the best so i'll get the normal edition anyway.
If it doesn't make you uncomfortable, Pawn Shops can be a good place to pick up rare PS2 titles. I got MGS2 for $4.00, in perfect working condition with the original box and manual. Now if I could find Ico for under a hundred bucks; that'd be a lucky day.

Last edited by 264; 10-24-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Bucks not box.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #2596 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 264 View Post
If it doesn't make you uncomfortable, Pawn Shops can be a good place to pick up rare PS2 titles. I got MGS2 for $4.00, in perfect working condition with the original box and manual. Now if I could find Ico for under a hundred bucks; that'd be a lucky day.
That's a damn good point, there's a few I could try in Manchester too.

Here's the revised list, * = reserved at work:

Yakuza *
Yakuza 2
Odin Sphere
Persona 4
Devil May Cry *
Devil May Cry 3
Final Fantasy X
Shadow of Colossus
Ico
Rayman Anniversary Collection *
Silent Hill 3
Onimusha Warlords *
Katamari
Sly Cooper
Sly 2

--

Already bought on ebay:

Onimusha 2, Onimusha 3, Onimusha 4 (all came together)
Ratchet and Clank 1 and 2 (came together)
Spider-man 2
The Red Star
Sly 3
Soul Reaver 2
Metal Gear Solid 3

Found out that Disgaea has been remade on the DS, that'll do.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:44 AM   #2597 (permalink)

I was playing Mariokart 64 last night but I kept losing, and I have such a bad gaming temper that I almost broke the controller... no more Mariokart 64 for me.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #2598 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercircus View Post
I was playing Mariokart 64 last night but I kept losing, and I have such a bad gaming temper that I almost broke the controller... no more Mariokart 64 for me.
The rubber band AI in that game is infuriating!
Old 10-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #2599 (permalink)

The fourth Onimusha is kind of up and down. It's VERY different from 1 and 3 and sometimes a bit vague in its direction, but not bad. And it's 2 discs long, so be ready for a haul.

I have never played the original Jak and Daxter, but the sequels are great. Good story telling paired with tight gameplay. They are hard as hell though, a little unforgiving for a platformer/thirdperson shooter.

FFXII is not the MMO, that is FFXI. XII is one of the most deeply engrossing games I've ever played.

Ace Combat ain't no sim. Things go fast, things explode, A LOT. it's a very thrilling game.

and Odin Sphere is good if you like massive slowdown when anything exciting is happening. That game had potential, but the slowdown (to an almost creeping level) ruins the strategy of most of the boss fights. It's like having a slow motion cheat.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #2600 (permalink)

Just bought Persona 4 from ebay!

Quote:
The fourth Onimusha is kind of up and down. It's VERY different from 1 and 3 and sometimes a bit vague in its direction, but not bad. And it's 2 discs long, so be ready for a haul.
How does it differ? I do wonder why we haven't seen a new game from this series.

Quote:
I have never played the original Jak and Daxter, but the sequels are great. Good story telling paired with tight gameplay. They are hard as hell though, a little unforgiving for a platformer/thirdperson shooter.
I was on the fence about these games, I think I'll pick them up now.

Quote:
FFXII is not the MMO, that is FFXI. XII is one of the most deeply engrossing games I've ever played.
Oh really? Nuts, we had that in at the shop I work at, now I feel silly.

Quote:
Ace Combat ain't no sim. Things go fast, things explode, A LOT. it's a very thrilling game.
Oh right, I'll download the demo for the 360 one then.

Quote:
and Odin Sphere is good if you like massive slowdown when anything exciting is happening. That game had potential, but the slowdown (to an almost creeping level) ruins the strategy of most of the boss fights. It's like having a slow motion cheat.
Urg, really? I like the art style but that's a moot point if the slow down is that drastic.