Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 01-25-2010, 08:23 AM   #3001 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoKill View Post
Getting ready for Mass Effect 2..... who else is fucking stoked for this one?
OMG tomorrow is going to top Christmas.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #3002 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Aside from Racers, it's hard to wrong with PixelJunk, they're easily the most interesting developers on the PSN.
eden was great when I had my PS3 and shooter i've played bits and pieces of. they are just doin cool shit.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #3003 (permalink)

I got dragon age for christmas and just popped that in. Its like KOTOR but with dragons. Not too shabby. I'm not a huge RPG fan, so it's a little tough to get into the finer parts of playing and knowing where i should go and what to do and all the strategy. It has a really good story though so far and at a potential 150 hours+ with massive replay value, i'm not going to complain. It'll probably be a game that pops in and out between bouts of indiscriminate killing in MW2
Old 01-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #3004 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Prototype is magnificiently stupid, noisy, gory and idiotic. I know, i know it's basically sequence after sequence of you blowing up stuff, running, flying and blasting people to a pulp. It's stupid but it really appeals to the sadistic 15 year old in me. The fountain of blood erupting from the tanks when you enter and dismember the soldiers made me giggle.
Not sure if it's still true but I heard they were making the new Spider-Man game, considering the freedom of movement in that game, I can see it working.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #3005 (permalink)

Some deals are good, some are bargains and some you have no excuse not to buy: The brilliant Psychonauts by Tim Schafer is on sale on steam for £1. A POUND!
Buy it, buy it for your friends, buy it for people you don't even like.

Last edited by standardman; 01-26-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #3006 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Psychonauts is pure beauty. A great story, incredible ideas and all the beauty and frustration of good platforms (the kind of game that makes you play up to 4 am and then throw your gaming platform out of thge window)

It's a pity that Schafer (which is in my mind an artist, like all great game designers are) decided that PC are smelly so they dont get Brutal Legend. Motherfucker.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #3007 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesusattack View Post
Yeah, while watching a buddy play the beginning of it earlier I couldn't help but notice that keywords in the intro text were highlighted...a la Zelda.
You know, I thought I'd like it. But I didn't. I loved the art style, but the action and such was just so bland, and the puzzles so frustrating, some of the fights so irritating, that I can't find a new home for the 360 version of it soon enough.

Anyone want to buy it off me??

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Heavenly Sword
Recently finished this after borrowing it. At first I dismissed it as a God of War clone and, while it's certainly similar, it does have it's own identity and art style.

The production values are very high, from the score to the Andy Serkis directed cut scenes (he also acts as the villain via mocap and seems to be channelling Alan Rickman in Prince of Thieves) and there's some pretty - if entirely linear - environments.

The combat isn't nearly as strong and does get repetitive but what kept me hooked was the well made cut scenes and quirky ideas like steering arrows/cannon balls/bodies after you launch them and throwing hundreds of enemies at you.

It's short but it's worth playing.
Heavenly Sword was AMAZING for the first 1/4

Then the cut scenes got all WTF and stupid, the story fell apart.

But the graphics were amazing, and the fighting wasn't BAD, but someo of the bosses felt cheap and incredibly unbalanced.

I got it on sale from Amazon last black friday and for the price, I wasn't disappointed.

NOW, however, I would like to make it clear to everyone that I will be MIA for eons, simply because Mass Effect 2 is out, and my life is finally full of awesome.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #3008 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post

Heavenly Sword was AMAZING for the first 1/4

Then the cut scenes got all WTF and stupid, the story fell apart.

But the graphics were amazing, and the fighting wasn't BAD, but someo of the bosses felt cheap and incredibly unbalanced.
I loved the cut scenes! They were fantastically over the top and knowingly camp and well-directed to boot. I agree with you on the bosses though, urg.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #3009 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
zmfg!

Old 01-26-2010, 05:55 PM   #3010 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
zmfg!

someone's asshole was clenched for a good 45 seconds.