Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 02-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #3071 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Yeah, I finished it with a Paragon female Soldier that I carried over from the first game. It's soooo fucking good.

I love pretty much all of the characters, except maybe Jack.

Jack is awesome. I'm just pissed that you don't get to have a lesbo fuck with her. It was looking so good, but then she backed away. bitch.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #3072 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzlewizzle View Post
Jack is awesome. I'm just pissed that you don't get to have a lesbo fuck with her. It was looking so good, but then she backed away. bitch.

That one was really wierd as she have done a threesome before. Makes you wonder if its personal or if female shepard have a bad hygiene or something.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #3073 (permalink)

Well, just finished it, lost Mordin and Thane.. Not sure if I can be bothered going back and trying to get through with them. Thane will probably die between 2 and 3 anyway.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:01 AM   #3074 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
I wasn't disagreeing, just pointing the oddness of what might be the game of the year popping up in January.

I realise most people played them on it, but calling Bioshock and Orange Box xbox games pains me a bit too.
I wasn't calling them Xbox games dude, I was simply stating that they were tied with Mass Effect 2 for 2nd best 360 game on Metacritic, and I think everyone can agree those are good games on any platform.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #3075 (permalink)

Quote:
I wasn't calling them Xbox games dude, I was simply stating that they were tied with Mass Effect 2 for 2nd best 360 game on Metacritic, and I think everyone can agree those are good games on any platform.
Oh I know, it's just odd that the best xbox games are pc games and most people play them as xbox games.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #3076 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Oh I know, it's just odd that the best xbox games are pc games and most people play them as xbox games.
It's odd that most games are designed for consoles (xbox in particular) and it shows becau8se i had to buy a controller to play 'em without going insane... And it isnt even the type of game that changes this problem. ME actually plays perfectly with keyboard and mouse, so does Gears of War, while Red Faction or GTA IV are a mess (And GTA IV has so many bugs it makes me sick).

Pc gaming is being ignored, the excuse is always piracy (like console piracy didnt exist) and stuff like Brutal Legend, Uncharted or GOW 2 gets lost.

Sorry, got off on a tangent.

You liking Bioshock 2, S.? The atmosphere is even more cinematic this time. There are a few skewered things i gotta get used to (the whole drill fuel thing is annoying), but the mood is Terry Gilliamesque as ever (with a pinch of Kubrick).
Old 02-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #3077 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzlewizzle View Post
Well, just finished it, lost Mordin and Thane.. Not sure if I can be bothered going back and trying to get through with them. Thane will probably die between 2 and 3 anyway.
Hmmm. Seeing how much they turned the characters upside down between 1 and 2, i wouldnt be surprised if Thane had a big role in 3.

Apparently the actions you make in 2 will weigh heavily in 3, if you import the character.

Actually, SPOILERWHITE!, I had a hard time immagining how the whole section on the Krogan planet would have turned if i hadnt saved Wrex in the first chapter. Nothing groundbreaking, probably, but hearing his views on the Krogan dilemma explained with quotes from conversations we had in the first game really helped the immersion.

Those details really make the series feel like a movie trilpogy, with continuity and all.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #3078 (permalink)

I have a money saving suggestion.
How about when Steam has the discounted 4 packs, the PC gamers here quad up and get a pack together? Everyone else may already be doing this with friends, but personally I know 0 people that have ever played a PC game.

At the moment, Bioshock 2 is just 37$ and these deals seem to be popping up often enough.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #3079 (permalink)

Quote:
That's true. Orange Box is particularly weird given that that version of TF2 is essentially dogshit compared to the PC version, but I have a hard time convincing anybody with an Xbox to play it on PC with me.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #3080 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyUserName View Post
I have a money saving suggestion.
How about when Steam has the discounted 4 packs, the PC gamers here quad up and get a pack together? Everyone else may already be doing this with friends, but personally I know 0 people that have ever played a PC game.

At the moment, Bioshock 2 is just 37$ and these deals seem to be popping up often enough.
Great idea, I did it with Bioshock 2 with people from the PC Gamer UK forums, cost me £20 and I got a free copy of the first game, meaning I can put my disc back on the shelf. Let me know when you're interested in game, I'll do the same.

Quote:
That's true. Orange Box is particularly weird given that that version of TF2 is essentially dogshit compared to the PC version, but I have a hard time convincing anybody with an Xbox to play it on PC with me.
Yeah, I mention TF2 all the time at work (IMO it's the best multiplayer shooter on any format) and they (all console gamers) regard it as that shooter that they played once and never looked at again. I think the big problem is Xbox Live and the complete lack of people who can co-operate with others. Left 4 Dead 2, for example, was a big release for me last year but no-one in the shop really bothered.

The misconception of PC gaming being dead really bothers me, it has the biggest install base - people play PC games (from flash/facebook to 11 gig monsters like Bioshock 2) all the time but because they aren't on discs or in stores - people think the format is dead.

It's also usually the best way to play in terms of controls/visuals so most people are playing the worst versions of the biggest games, it's just plain odd.

Personally, I can't stand even controlling shooters on consoles; it's more steering than moving.