Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 02-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #3091 (permalink)

Demonless on the iPhone

free

addictive

Cuz everybody likes games, and nobody likes demons...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #3092 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It speaks volume about our generation though (S. i guess you're in your late twenties or early thirties like me, right?) how we badasses express our paternal feelings and humanity in a videogame. It's not weird, it's peculiar and says also a lot about how a well designed game is way more powerful than a lot of people think.

Although, i will never sink to depths of depravity that was the Weighted Companion Cube love. As some critic pointed out "Slaughtering people on one side but tearing up because you lost a metal cube on the other is impressive". And, again it's a good demontration of what a great emotion handling instrument games are, if in the hand of geniuses like Bioware, Valve, etc.

Bioshock 1 and 2 are basically shooters, but besides feeling a sense of dread, they dont give you a taste for violence. GTA IV is an excellent example of maturity, where a franchise infamous for glorifying violence made you play one of the most morally engaged charcters ever. Of course there's still the exhilarating carnage of stuff like gears of war. But good games have brains and souls, and can give emotions.

Yap Yap Yap.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #3093 (permalink)

I was so sad at the loss of my companion cube, that I have one sitting on a shelf in my bedroom. MW2 has a pretty funny homage to the companion cube.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #3094 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Little details about (again) Bioshock 2 that i feel i have to point out, after reading many reviews that pointed out how it's a "outdated replica of the first".

-The look is still amazing with light shadow and dripping water used to improve the atmosphere

-The AI is perfect. Almost human. The splicers are united as "The family" ruled by doctor Lamb and they interact with you as a family. They attack you in groups. protect each other. Even have conversations.
The Big Daddy is adorably focused on protecting the little sisters. he wont attack you first and if you fdont bother him you can even use him as an ally (example: I was out of ammo and medikits.. And the big sisters was hunting me. the fire started the battle but the slow and deliberate hits of a Big Daddy that the sister annoyed too much. ended it spectacularly.

-The story is still cool as hell, but you have to pick up alll the diaries to get it.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #3095 (permalink)

ME2 finished again, this time with all team members surviving. Was thinking of playing through with my character again, but you can't change classes without starting out fresh that sucks
Old 02-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #3096 (permalink)

Was playing MW2 online like it was a drug. Now... Bioshock 2

jcaruso217 on 360 live btw.

Sorry mikey we keep missing eachother.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:22 PM   #3097 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyUserName View Post
I have a money saving suggestion.
How about when Steam has the discounted 4 packs, the PC gamers here quad up and get a pack together? Everyone else may already be doing this with friends, but personally I know 0 people that have ever played a PC game.
we tried to do this a few months back for l4d2, but aside from standardman, no one else was interested..

any try the heavy rain demo? i was looking forward to it. popular reaction (from kotaku) seems that people like it. i find the control scheme funky. i saw some minor graphical glitches (did the 1st car have a shadow?).
if theres a sex scene i bet you have to press down, R2, L1, down down down to unzip your fly, then shake your controller for 30 seconds.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #3098 (permalink)

Just got done playing prototype last week, I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10, def worth renting.

This week I've been a Big Daddy playing the fuck out of Bioshock 2, and it's fucking awesome, probably GOTY.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #3099 (permalink)

fl0w is free on psn today
Old 02-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #3100 (permalink)

Thumbs down

Played the AVP demo on Steam today. thumbsdown.