Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree366Likes

Old 12-13-2014, 01:10 AM   #3851 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Nightcrawler

This movie is at 95% on Rotten Tomatoes. After watching it's easy to see why.

This movie is unusual, but not to the point it's distracting. It just starts. There's no back story or silly obvious things movies do to explain things. All info is carefully given and really adds to the mystery.

This role is perfect for Jake Gyllenhaal. He acts his ass off. I haven't seen him this good, in a movie this unique and interesting, since Donny Darko. Bill Paxton plays a great part and I enjoyed seeing Rene Russo's sexy cougar ass still in the game.

I don't think this comes out on dvd till feb, but there's a screener here: BDRIP : World only Blue-Ray RIP stream portal
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 09:44 AM   #3852 (permalink)

The Babadook:
Reaffirmed my desire to never have children, had genuinely creepy moments as a "scary" movie should, and when it ended we looked at each other like "wtf did I just watch?!"
I enjoyed it, but think it's a bit overhyped.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #3853 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

House of Cards

I don't usually watch horror films but The Babadook movie reviews are unanimously glowing. It's being hailed as a great psychological thriller. I wanna see it.

I gotta say. I'm loving netflix's House of Cards. Kevin Spacey is aces and the writing: equally so.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:29 AM   #3854 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Still Aces 10

Bucho likes this.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #3855 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

In LOCKE the only character you see for the entire 84 minutes is Ivan Locke. Just Tom Hardy's be-bearded mug and hands and arms and upper torso. The only setting you see is his BMW X5 as he cruises down the M1 toward London. He talks in a Welsh brogue to the dozen other characters but you never see them, only hear them over the speakers of his car as he yaps with them on the phone.

Everything except the bits where he talks to his father was aces. Those bits where he talks to his father were just ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Fury - It was garbage. I felt like a bunch of scenes from other WWII flicks were cut together into a new movie. The tank stuff was interesting.
I thought everything was pretty good up till the sillygoose last act. Thought it especially did a really good job of subverting the usual war movie trope of gooey camaraderie under horrendous conditions by having the men be insubordinate to Wardaddy. And yeah, don't get to see tank battles in many movies so that stuff was pretty badass.
Los and Enunciated Piffle like this.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #3856 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
In LOCKE the only character you see for the entire 84 minutes is Ivan Locke. Just Tom Hardy's be-bearded mug and hands and arms and upper torso.
Locke, eh? Anything Tom Hardy: I'm in. He's such a badass.

Did you watch him in Bronson? It's on Netflix. Its' a bit too much, (too artistic - too something) but his acting is so damn good.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:59 PM   #3857 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The Hobbit 3. It's ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Locke, eh? Anything Tom Hardy: I'm in. He's such a badass.

Did you watch him in Bronson? It's on Netflix. Its' a bit too much, (too artistic - too something) but his acting is so damn good.
It's a while since I saw it but I liked the artfilm take in Bronson. It's funny and brutal in pretty much equal measure.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:21 AM   #3858 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Philomena - Steve Coogan/Judi Dench.

Elderly Irish woman whose illegitimate son was taken from her by Catholic nuns in the 1950's, embarks on a search to find him with the help of a cynical journalist.

Very moving true story. I teared up.

Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:56 AM   #3859 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
Philomena - Steve Coogan/Judi Dench.

A huge wank-fest, and I am gay and I cried
Anyone who watches shit like this deserves to cry.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:58 AM   #3860 (permalink)

Gravity.

Appalling. No one should ever watch this film.

If you have to watch a self indulgent pile of sci-fi shit, watch 2001.