Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree366Likes

Old 04-07-2018, 07:46 PM   #4041 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Proud Mary but for White Dudes. That is to say, it tries to pass itself off as a grittier John Wick but it's really a poorly constructed narrative about a violent man trying to save a kid. All the intensity that the trailer portrays happens in the first 1/4 of the movie. The rest is a dark look into a guy with a fucked up childhood and PTSD. Maybe more violence would've made me love it more
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:22 AM   #4042 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Norwegian Movie

Lovekvinnen

Lovely story and perfect for when relatives that can read who refuse to believe/accept anything happens below the waist come to visit and you need to kill 2hrs.

Available on Netflix
Old 04-11-2018, 12:04 PM   #4043 (permalink)

Isle of dogs!
So good!
Old 04-19-2018, 06:58 AM   #4044 (permalink)

A quiet place. SPOILERS

1. 475 days later means you dumbasses got pregnant WELL AFTER your son died!

2. If louder sounds make them go away why wouldn't you have remote controlled radios, tvs and speakers literally everywhere that you could turn on across the room in case they came close?

3. On that note, how the fuck is there electricity? Are the monsters running the sub stations?

4. How do you not wake up until your house is three feet deep in water?

5. Why isn't the entire house surrounded by mattresses?

6. Why is every door in the house left open when monsters are chasing you?

7. Why would you chance yelling into a waterfall?

8. Why don't the monsters constantly stand near waterfalls if that's the loudest noise?

9. how did nobody else step on the nail and how did she not get a massively infection...
Keith likes this.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:05 AM   #4045 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
1. 475 days later means you dumbasses got pregnant WELL AFTER your son died!

2. If louder sounds make them go away why wouldn't you have remote controlled radios, tvs and speakers literally everywhere that you could turn on across the room in case they came close?

3. On that note, how the fuck is there electricity? Are the monsters running the sub stations?

4. How do you not wake up until your house is three feet deep in water?

5. Why isn't the entire house surrounded by mattresses?

6. Why is every door in the house left open when monsters are chasing you?

7. Why would you chance yelling into a waterfall?

8. Why don't the monsters constantly stand near waterfalls if that's the loudest noise?

9. how did nobody else step on the nail and how did she not get a massively infection...
I imagine they have a generator for the house to power the radio, but they haven't been staying in the house they've been living in the barn that's why the dad grabs the daughter's arm when she goes inside. maybe the doors are open because it might be too loud to close them. Also where would they get all these mattresses? Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2018, 08:46 PM   #4046 (permalink)

Ready Player 1

The book was better.
They didn't really do a good job of making IOI seem suffocatingly powerful and untouchable and so they threw in "THEY KILLED [Spoiler]" but it felt empty so far into the movie.
Way too sexual for my tastes. I didn't really care about it or any of the characters until the big robot fights

ALSO
Why the fuck were the only Asian characters FOBs? They said the girl called them to help the other night. Did she fly them directly in from Japan? Were they also in Ohio but still had accents like they just immigrated to America? Ugh. And of course they fucking knew karate or whatever. Jesus.

ALSO
TJ Miller's character. who isn't in the book, was fucking annoying as hell.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 04-19-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:26 PM   #4047 (permalink)

Love, Simon.

I'm happy that movies about gay men/boys are finally coming out (ha pun) in mainstream theaters, but this movie was kinda dumb. Just kinda shiftily thrown together.

Also apparently Moviepass won't let you see the same movie twice now.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:18 PM   #4048 (permalink)

Avengers 3

The best of the Avengers movies, including Cap 3. I cried a bunch. I was mad the scene with Thor burning up didn't result in his shirt burning off, cuz it would certainly have come off Taiki Waititi was anywhere in production team.

I remember a lot of hate that Justice League got was because the villain was forgettable/CGI/Lame. The stupid murder elves that are on screen almost as much as Thanos were so Nothing that they didn't even have names. The Big One, the Magic One, The Girl. Who the fuck cares about the bad guys when they only exist to get punched, just like Steppinwolf. My point is, this movie was better than Justice League but only bit. Justice League had a lot of shirtless Henry Clavill
Old 05-03-2018, 02:06 AM   #4049 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrokahn View Post
Love, Simon.

I'm happy that movies about gay men/boys are finally coming out (ha pun) in mainstream theaters, but this movie was kinda dumb. Just kinda shiftily thrown together.

Also apparently Moviepass won't let you see the same movie twice now.
This was the last movie I saw! I thought it took a long time to get into the actual story and it didn't really need thr black mail plot. But I liked it. I thought they portrayed really well how he was feeling about being gay and coming out and the confusion of it all. And the ending warmed my cold heart.
astrokahn likes this.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #4050 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgrilledcheese View Post
I imagine they have a generator for the house to power the radio, but they haven't been staying in the house they've been living in the barn that's why the dad grabs the daughter's arm when she goes inside. maybe the doors are open because it might be too loud to close them. Also where would they get all these mattresses? Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Ok so aren't all the neighbors dead by the end of the movie? Maaaaaaan I would be dragging mattresses from miles around...
Keith likes this.