Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree366Likes

Old 04-27-2019, 11:24 PM   #4211 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Girl in the Spider's Web - B
This was a pretty serviceable dark web action flick. It got really bad reviews but there's nothing offense in it, it's just a lower budget Bond film. Woman works from the shadows and uses hacking and an emotionless face to screw over rich men who abuse women. she hacks the Wrong Thing and is on the run from the cops and and other bad hackers. I enjoyed the violence and the hacking

Thanks to magic of hacking she can get into any car with the tap of a phone icon but the least believable thing is trying to tell us Daniel Craig (who played her reporter sidekick/love interest in the first movie) turned into the wimpy twink from that show on NBC about being an autistic doctor.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 04-27-2019 at 11:29 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 11:35 PM   #4212 (permalink)

Train to Busan - A+

This is now rivaling 28 Days Later for my favorite zombie flick. As with most sci-fi, the point of this movie isn't to explain how a zombie epidemic could happen or what real zombies would look like, it's to explore human reaction. And this movie has great moments of people helping each other and people being fucking dicks. It's not overly gory, they use CGI very little just to enhance certain moments and the make up looks nice and bloody.

Lots of emotions and a hunky dude who punches zombies to save his wife. so fucking good, and it's on netflix!

Last edited by FingerLakes; 04-27-2019 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:46 PM   #4213 (permalink)

Shazam F---

I would've walked out of this film but the seats were low and couples boxed me into the middle of the row and climbing over any of them would have been more hassle than just rolling my eyes at this mess of a film.

I wasn't entertained or into any of this movie until the end when spoiler happens and there is an attractive asian man on screen for 10 minutes. None of the jokes landed, the main bad guy and Benevolent Wizard do some of the worst, flat acting with trash lines I've ever witnessed. The clearly homoerotic relationship between the nerd and the muscular alter ego of his bro isn't nearly homoerotic enough.

It only starts being watchable at the end when it seems to be a completely different movie. Since it was moved from last Christmas to a release in April I bet they did reshoots on the final scenes.

Don't waste your time
Old 04-28-2019, 02:47 AM   #4214 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

His appearance in Avengers: Endgame was a fun surprise though.
bag of lazers likes this.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:06 AM   #4215 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Ghost in the Shell

Didn’t rate it, Scarlet Johanson could only fight in the nude (one for the wank bank) and they invented robot sexy women (sex robots) so another example of the overt misogyny women are subjected to in the film industry (and the robot future)
Old 04-28-2019, 12:11 PM   #4216 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Endgame

Oh my. This movie is 3 hrs long. We did not know this going in. I was just happy to get tickets/ good seats early.

Without spoiling movie, I gotta say, the first hour is incredibly somber. I think they made a mistake focusing on ‘50% of population wiped out.’ I mean, the movie begins where Infinity War ended. But to the viewer it’s like that shit happened a year ago. This is the last Avengers. Let’s rock.

Ultimately it had all the appropriate acknowledgments and farewells in the Marvel Universe. A couple nice surprises. Perhaps if the first third of movie didn’t feel like an AA meeting/ funeral wake - more could have been inserted into film.

Definitely worth the loss off feeling in legs as you wonder when to pee during the endless church-like never-endy-ness of first 1/3 of flick. Looking forward to Keith’s take.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:45 PM   #4217 (permalink)

It was definitely too long, but it was still damn good, and a satisfying wrap up to such a big sci-fi trilogy. A lot of sci-fi/fantasy trilogies have an overblown/unfun third part (Matrix, Iron Man 3, Back to the Future, LoTR 3 was good but had 9 endings) but I thought this did a great job.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:47 PM   #4218 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I didn't need the funerals in real time.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:06 AM   #4219 (permalink)

SPOILERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I didn't need the funerals in real time.
**SPOILER KINDA

Honestly, I was surprised there was only one.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:49 AM   #4220 (permalink)

Avengers the end of games

When I say I cried, lemme tell you I CRIIIIED

I also think it was too long. Could've lost some stuff in the beginning. is there a spoiler thread for this? ca we make one?