Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree366Likes

Old 08-27-2010, 02:20 AM   #3111 (permalink)

I just went to go see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. I'm a nerd and I knew this movie was based off a comic and knew this movie would be crazy. Well I thought it would be fun to go to the movie high. Now I'm not an avid pot smoker, but I mainly did it just to see how a movie like this would be in the theaters while high. Well story short. This movie was the shit. Yeah I know I was high, but the high kicked off during one of the later boss battles and the movie was still pretty kick ass. Watch it sober or high, it rocked.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #3112 (permalink)

Recently watched Clash of The Titans (2010). I'll probably end up checking out the original.. I thought this was a decent movie, far from perfect, not a movie that should be taken too seriously.. It's kinda entertaining if you go in without expectations. I'd recommend it if you have nothing better to watch.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #3113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
Actually it was pretty good except there was a LOT of emphasis on having a man to be alright. I haven't read the book but I heard a critic of the movie say she didn't like that aspect of the film.
The whole POINT of the book was that she was having a year off relationships - one of the big revelations for the author was that she used relationships with men to make her happy, so she decides to try and find happiness without one. Weird that the movie takes the opposite slant

Last edited by Bebe; 08-27-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:34 AM   #3114 (permalink)

Finally finished watching The Road... just as bleak as the book. meh.

Watched The Expendables..... lots of punching, kicking, and shooting. sfx was sub-par. something is wrong with the way stallone runs, is it his age or does he have one short leg. i enjoyed it but it was dumb. turn off your brain for this one.

MacGruber. For some reason it got high reviews. they all lied. it was as horribad as you think it is.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:47 AM   #3115 (permalink)

It is what it is, a completely over-the-top extreme action movie with a meaningless story. But in that is where it succeeds; it's a fun shoot-em-up movie not to be taken seriously. If you even care, it's basically a bunch of beefed up mercs who take on an army; that's all you need to know really.

It seemed to me that Rourke is getting these snippets of jobs ever since The Wrestler. He doesn't exactly play any leading roles but he's thrown in there just to get some work done; I'm curious if studios are taking pity on him or are genuinely interested in having him in their films, because quite frankly, in this one, his involvement is absolutely needless.

I read in an interview that Stallone didn't want "any punches pulled," that the fight scenes were supposed to be the extreme and not resembling anything like stunt double work. For this reason, there is understandably a lot of genuine injuries on the set (no one seem to want Randy Couture).

It's a fun action movie requiring no pre-thought.

7/10
Old 08-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #3116 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Watched this on the recommendation of a Horror-fan friend. It's... meh. It's not great. It's basically a rape fantasy movie with a bit of angst mixed it.

Wouldn't recommend unless you're into zombie sex.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #3117 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrucial View Post
Wouldn't recommend unless you're into zombie sex.
The only movie with a zombie sex scene i can think of is Peter Jackson's Brain Dead and it was a MASTERPIECE.

This one seems to be the rage with the emo kids. meh.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #3118 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
The only movie with a zombie sex scene i can think of is Peter Jackson's Brain Dead and it was a MASTERPIECE.

This one seems to be the rage with the emo kids. meh.
Meh indeed sir. I think the only think to perk people up is a red head. In which case, go watch Dr. Who.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #3119 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrucial View Post
Meh indeed sir. I think the only think to perk people up is a red head. In which case, go watch Dr. Who.
I like redheads but as far as movie ones go, they're not enough to attract my attention (with the UTTER exclusion of Christina Hendricks in Mad Men who's one of the many utter awe-so-tastic things in that series)...

I actually saw my first ever episode of dr who today (first series of the modern one, eccleston is the dr).

I have the feeling that things will improve but i already loooove it.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #3120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I like redheads but as far as movie ones go, they're not enough to attract my attention (with the UTTER exclusion of Christina Hendricks in Mad Men who's one of the many utter awe-so-tastic things in that series)...

I actually saw my first ever episode of dr who today (first series of the modern one, eccleston is the dr).

I have the feeling that things will improve but i already loooove it.
It's already in the Dr. Who thread but I think Karen Gillan deserves a duplication: