Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree366Likes

Old 02-16-2011, 12:31 PM   #3611 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post

4/10
You are the first person that I have personally heard speak ill of this film. Not saying you are wrong or right, just acknowledging this films mass appeal. Personally, I will wait for it to hit dvd.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #3612 (permalink)

i knew The King's Speech would be awful. it's just more of people thinking that royalty are interesting. they aren't. this is a movie about a guy's speech impediment. wow, how awesome.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #3613 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
I have heard a few people say some variation of "it's good, but really boring" I think that a lot of people want to like or think they should but are actually incredibly bored by it.
Similar to the backlash that "Lost in Translation", got. I love slow films, that alot of people find slow/boring like: Rachel Getting Married, Lars and the Real Girl, Lost in Translation, and Frozen River.

But I could see why I wouldnt like a slow boring movie about the "Royalty" of old fuck England. Still, I will give it a chance.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #3614 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchLives View Post
i knew The King's Speech would be awful. it's just more of people thinking that royalty are interesting. they aren't. this is a movie about a guy's speech impediment. wow, how awesome.
its not really the reason for my issues with the movie, personally.

the problem is that colin firth plays veery well a character that is unbearably repulsive on a human level (i guess its supposed to be realistic butcompare that to bales stunt in the fighter... great portrait of a fuckup that still manages to charm me. or bruno gantz as hitler in downfall, where you hate the guy but still you wanna watch).

And worse they put two cartoons as a supporting cast. seriosuly as good as firth is i couldnt bear one minute more of carter and rush mincing like cartoon brits. especially her. ugh.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #3615 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
You are the first person that I have personally heard speak ill of this film. Not saying you are wrong or right, just acknowledging this films mass appeal. Personally, I will wait for it to hit dvd.
On the surface, it may seem interesting that an unwitting Duke becomes King and overcomes a personal fault, but we're talking about a speech impediment here. What could make it more interesting is that he is thrust into this position right at the start of WWII, but we don't realize this till the very end.

If this is being passed off as a defining example of an award-winning drama, then I suppose in order to receive acclaim, one must have a multitude of empty characters and a slow-pace.

Firth and Rush, being the leading stars, are the only two real interesting characters. Guy Pearce makes a small cameo as Prince Edward and his character is barely touched upon. Although I thought Timothy Spall (otherwise commonly known as Wormtail in the Harry Potter series) as Churchill was spot on, but again, only about two minutes max of screen time.

Last edited by Incognito; 02-16-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #3616 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
bruno gantz as hitler in downfall
That was a phenomenal performance.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #3617 (permalink)

Battle: Los Angeles
I saw it today at a matinee. RT gives it a 30%, but non-critics gave it a 71%.
I liked it. Complaints about the movie ranged from "shaky cam" and 'typical alien invasion movie'. These people are dum.
While it doesnt innovate alien invasion movies, it was full of action. Shaky cam wasnt as bad as 'Cloverfield' and a lot better then 'Skyline'

I'd recommend it, turn off your brain, eat some popcorn.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:23 AM   #3618 (permalink)

I dont think I mentioned The Man from Nowhere.

this movie was at the local film festival and its fricken awesome. quite violent and has these 2 awesome camera shots that stand out. if you watch it, you'll know which ones.
basically a shady looking guy who runs a pawn shop in the wrong part of town befriends a little girl, her mom is a drug mule and junky. when they get kidnapped, he goes balls out to rescue them. add in some 'under siege' and some child drug trafficing and organ harvesting you have a pretty kick ass movie.
yes, its subbed.
http://www.rlslog.net/the-man-from-nowhere-2010-dvdrip-xvid-vip3r/

Aquaponics in Paradise

Last edited by hellbent; 03-14-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #3619 (permalink)

The Mechanic
I know its a remake but i've never seen either. Not a bad movie, I'd give it a 3/5,
Old 03-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #3620 (permalink)

The Mechanic
I know its a remake but i've never seen either. Not a bad movie, I'd give it a 3/5,