Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree366Likes

Old 01-23-2019, 12:26 AM   #4181 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Beyond Skyline

I watched this for 30 minutes while thinking "I can't believe they didn't know there's already a terrible movie called Skyline and copied the name." Then I realized this was a direct sequel to that movie and somehow even fucking worse.

In the very opposite way of how Witch Hunter pulls parts of other fantasy movies and makes a new, homage-y thing, this felt like watching a direct to VHS piece of shit movie from '95 that couldn't afford to get Stalone or Ahnold. Some choice lines, "It ripped her fucking brain out!!" and *burns alien that was impervious to all other attacks, walks away* "Everything
burns..."

I stopped watching 50 minutes in because they took that long to introduce the sexy star of The Raid (The asian guy in that last Wahlberg movie) then kept him hidden under a helmet for 10 minutes, then, even though the WORLD is being invaded, there's some weird racist shit that I was like "I don't need this"
F-
dEadERest likes this.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 01-23-2019 at 04:37 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:15 PM   #4182 (permalink)

2 foe 1

Goddamn. Thank you Keith for pushing for this movie so hard. I thought (and still think) the trailer made it look super uninteresting or else I would've seen this back in November.

I don't know why there is ZERO advertising that this movie is about multiple queer people but it's so shitty that this info is not out there. I might've looked past the boring trailer if I'd known about that.

This movie is so much more than what previews show. Melissa's character is so broken and manipulative and sad and engaging! She's the kind of asshole new yorker I would be friends with or hate entirely (like everyone in her life)After she steals that coat she she walks down the middle of the staircase to enter the subway. Such an asshole/powerful move. That scene where they clean her apartment seemed so inconsequential but told us so much about her life and character.

Fucking A

Another A
Hawkeye is still sexy.
I cried. This was a good way to wash the taste of Punisher season 2 out of my mouth.
Keith, Pintman, Pier777 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 01-28-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:37 AM   #4183 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I thought Wind River was so good!! I didn't have any expectations for it. I didn't even really know what it was about, a friend decided to put it on so I went along with it. Great choice! It's heavy, so don't watch if you're feeling like the world is shit already.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:10 AM   #4184 (permalink)

Just finished watching the Glass... I expected more from that movie. The Unbreakable was so awesome and that one is a real disappointment for me.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:30 PM   #4185 (permalink)

Dragon Ball Broly - B
Yeah this is pretty much exactly what it looks like. If you like DragonBall you'll love this movie.

Personal Shopper - D-

This movie wants you to think it's a spooky flick about a woman looking for her brother's ghost. In reality it is a boring slice of life film about a literal personal shopper. 70% of the movie is her shopping and hating her celebrity boss. The ghost bits may as well be from another movie. They don't connect at all to the rest of the film.
Watching this trailer and seeing it's from IFC films I wonder if this wasn't originally a French film (it's set in France) that worked well so they hired a random American actor and did a shoot-for-shoot remake that just doesn't make for good watching in our culture.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:09 PM   #4186 (permalink)

Just saw Alita. Poor, thirsty, but adorable Alita. I enjoyed the film, although it certainly won’t get any awards. Her reactions to things are odd, and not on purpose (I blame the writing or maybe timing is off). Funny thing, the large eyes did not annoy me at all, it was the least of its problems.

Also was worried before seeing this movie that they will follow the 1993 anime version’s plot too closely, which was amazingly depressing.

Bad news? They did. Impressively so.
Good news? Unlike the anime, which I loved, I had no emotional connection to any of the characters besides a wee bit with Alita herself. So yay! No sad wompwomp for me.

That being said, it was still enjoyable, and I want it to do well, at least financially so I can see the goddamn SEQUEL that I didn’t know they needed until now.
dEadERest and FingerLakes like this.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:59 AM   #4187 (permalink)

Battle Angel Alita

I saw that Keith watched this over the weekend so I wanted to put this up before listening to the latest ep

B++
I loved it! Wasn't sure about this when I first saw the trailers but then they reworked her eyes to make it look less anime and showed more fighting scenes and I was excited for it. Saw it last night and was suuuper into it!

Basically felt very Buffy-like but somehow the main character being CGI made it less pervy than if she was just a hot girl who we knew was a robot that was built to fall in love and wanna fuck (like the Terminator TV show or the Buffy Bot in Buffy). Loved her hero's journey to wanting to play games to fighting to save people.

The love interest looked like skinny Josh Peck so I wasn't really into him but I enjoyed his unbelievable and uncomfortable sleeping position that showed off his muscles the best.

Only negative points were the black doctor being relegatted to Mammy and only getting ONE LINE and them giving Jai Courtney (the rollerball champion in the gold mech) more screen time.
Pier777 likes this.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:35 PM   #4188 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

F - -

It’s a kids’ movie.
FingerLakes likes this.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:39 AM   #4189 (permalink)

sure. it's based on a manga for preteens and teens.

I liked it tho.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:55 PM   #4190 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer