Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree366Likes

Old 07-06-2019, 01:10 PM   #4251 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

MidSommar - A
Keith, never watch this. It's not a musical but you'd hate it.
It gave me everything Hereditary wanted to give. In the end Hereditary was just Toni Collete emoting her ass off surrounded by nonsense plot and lesser actors and horrific imagery. Midsommar was deeply unsettling but also told a story that was rooted in the basic human emotion of grief and jealousy and settling for bullshit so you won't be alone. Just...fuck. it was so good.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 07-06-2019 at 02:24 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 05:11 PM   #4252 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Baby Driver

Whilst watching Baby Driver on Netflix I have been involved in an engaging conversation with a colleague about another colleague who uses the word “what” grammatically incorrectly.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:12 PM   #4253 (permalink)

Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post

MidSommar - A
Keith, never watch this. It's not a musical but you'd hate it.
It gave me everything Hereditary wanted to give. In the end Hereditary was just Toni Collete emoting her ass off surrounded by nonsense plot and lesser actors and horrific imagery. Midsommar was deeply unsettling but also told a story that was rooted in the basic human emotion of grief and jealousy and settling for bullshit so you won't be alone. Just...fuck. it was so good.
I’ve got to see this, I love folk horror.
FingerLakes likes this.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #4254 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.chode View Post
Damn, really? I thought Legend was quite good, I'd definitely agree that Layer Cake is even better though.

I recommended it to my folks and my dad reported back that mom didn't realize the same actor played two characters until the credits rolled and I thought that was hilarious.
sorry man. I was super into it then checked out after the twins fought because of the woman and the woman was just upset for the rest of the movie. just killed the fun for me
Old 07-10-2019, 03:03 AM   #4255 (permalink)

Transit

Transit is a compelling drama with a setup that alternates time enough to make it, oddly, one of 2019's best science fiction films.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:43 AM   #4256 (permalink)

Midsommar

I thought Midsommar was fucking brilliant. I'm still recovering from seeing it a couple days ago.
FingerLakes likes this.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:54 AM   #4257 (permalink)

D
Trash. Waste of Witchcraft. Tilda Swinton Doesn't dance at all. She puts on that gauche dancer/DJ pants but never actually moves her body to do anything but smoke and looking. In fact, the movie should be called Furtive Stares and Secret Lesbians. Everyone stares at the camera or just slightly past it, not knowing anything or planning something that is unexplained to the audience until 4 scenes later when EVERYONE knows exactly what is going on and all the secrets.

The only thing worth watching is the final scene that is filmed like a Silent Hill final boss fight, where the Worst Witch kills everyone with her mind. Tilda Swinton plays 2 roles for NO REASON. There's this fucking WW2, jew escaping the Nazis subplot thrown in that doesn't matter at all and that doesn't come to any fruition except to say "there were witches involved but the nazis killed that jew themselves." Don't bother

Stuber - A-
Fucking great. I would love for this to become a Fast+Furious competitor. Bautista was amazing. He's so versatile. Kamil takes a while to warm up to cuz his character is kinda whiny and annoying until the scene where he helps murder people with dog food. The trailers don't really show all the great action set pieces with Bautista, Karen Gillan and Iko Uwais from The Raid and those are done so well. Fucking check it out

The Farewell - A
I cried SO MUCH. Such a good cry. Cleared up my sinuses.
Less a movie about any one person dealing with the lie and the pain involved and more a story of family dealing with years of buried resentment. Awkwafina did a great job. Someone else might have done better but her interactions with her mother and grandmother were so genuine and amazing.

none of these were musicals
Old 07-15-2019, 02:41 PM   #4258 (permalink)

enjoyed Susperia a lot - but I also enjoyed the Nicholas Cage Wicker Man remake so my opinion can be disregarded.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:56 PM   #4259 (permalink)

Wickerman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Suspiria
SpareBen likes this.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:57 PM   #4260 (permalink)

Siberia

I was shocked to find out whilst watching this film that Keanu Reeves is a Canadian, I always thought he was from Hawaii, although upon reflection I have no reason why I thought that.

The film is tedious with some hideous sex scenes.