Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree366Likes

Old 12-17-2020, 01:38 PM   #4391 (permalink)

Revisiting Midsommar

I was thinking about how mad Keith was at us for our reactions to Midsommar, after I found this video today (sorry, I still can't figure out how to embed) that laid out some of why this movie hits the way it does.

Also, I want to add that maybe horror movies about cults speak a little differently for those of us that have made it out of culty type situations.
Keith and FingerLakes like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 07:47 PM   #4392 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

One Shot of the Dead A
You join a movie crew as they try to film a horror movie in just one shot. Thing's don't go according to plan. Saying much more would ruin it. I'll just say I was scared, laughed and I cried.

Ava C+
t
Poor man's Bourne Identity. For the love of god, Hollywood, stop hiring Common to be The One Black Guy in your movie. He can't act for shit. Doesn't help that his character in this movie is also a piece of shit. They got the + because of Geena Davis

The Witch C+
40 minutes too long. There's a ton of build up and the pay off is NEARLY worth it. It's at least very interesting and cathartic. But it really should've come earlier.

Bad Hair D
Too many half baked ideas. The "horror" doesn't come into play for literally an hour. Even if you go in knowing the horror is more a joke than scary, its not a funny joke either! Filled with nearly a dozen half baked ideas and set ups that never come back. The CGI demon hair also looks terrible. Cut out the middle man and listen to the soundtrack on spotify. In fact, here:

Old 01-06-2021, 05:08 PM   #4393 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Bad Education
A
Loved this movie. Brilliantly acted by Whatsherface from West Wing and Hugh Jackman. Honestly loved the authenticity of the Lawn Guy Land accents and culture and how manipulative Hugh's character was. Just a total slimeball. Also it gave me something I've wanted for a while, Wolverine kissing a guy.
Old 01-14-2021, 09:49 PM   #4394 (permalink)

Finally bit the bullet and rented tenet. I miss movie theaters. It didn’t quite land for me on my tv, but I still had a good time. Parts of it hurt my brain like any good Christopher Nolan movie and it was a cool concept, just needed a better plot. I rewatched interstellar the night after and goddammit I love that goofy movie, can only think of a handful of better ones.

Also been on an anime kick recently, checking out some old Ghiblis. Castle in the Sky is paced like Indiana Jones and fuggin exhilarating, really bright colors and story, kind of hilarious. Naussica of the Valley of the Wind has a slightly darker, deeper plot and might be more beautiful.

Branching out, I finally saw Paprika and hooooo boy that one fucked me up. It’s kind of like inception, but anime and weirder. Like tenet it feels like it could’ve been tighter and cooler but you’re just along for the ride and it’s pretty fun. Would probably not rewatch but wanna check out more by that director.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:06 PM   #4395 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

The Devil All The Time

We’re in fucking lockdown again Netflix, I’m already experiencing psychological trauma, why the holy heck would this film ever see the time of day.
Keith and SpareBen like this.
Old 06-29-2023, 09:42 AM   #4396 (permalink)

Resurrecting the movie thread to spill on the latest Black Mirror season (two of the episodes were pushing 90 minutes so easy enough to call it a movie).

For me none of the episodes crack the top tier of Black Mirror episodes but overall I enjoyed watching them. I actually liked the episodes that ventured more into horror-with-social-commentary more than the usual tech dystopias. The line in the first episode about how viewers are more drawn to negativity rings true as a thesis for the whole season imo.

Also watched M3gan last night, which I forget if this was viewed on the show but oof. One of the worst 93% on rotten tomatoes movies I can remember. Even my favorite pretentious film critic Richard Brody loved this movie? I mean it was a fine movie to watch with friends while you talk over it the whole time but 93%????? I blame TikTok.
Old 06-29-2023, 09:42 AM   #4397 (permalink)

Resurrecting the movie thread to spill on the latest Black Mirror season (two of the episodes were pushing 90 minutes so easy enough to call it a movie).

For me none of the episodes crack the top tier of Black Mirror episodes but overall I enjoyed watching them. I actually liked the episodes that ventured more into horror-with-social-commentary more than the usual tech dystopias. The line in the first episode about how viewers are more drawn to negativity rings true as a thesis for the whole season imo.

Also watched M3gan last night, which I forget if this was viewed on the show but oof. One of the worst 93% on rotten tomatoes movies I can remember. Even my favorite pretentious film critic Richard Brody loved this movie? I mean it was a fine movie to watch with friends while you talk over it the whole time but 93%????? I blame TikTok.
Old 07-03-2023, 08:57 PM   #4398 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Finally saw the animated movie Coraline. Holy fuck.

At the the end of the credits (never mind the bouncing ball off words) its says TO: JERK WAD

I'm sure it's sweet but WHAT THE WHO?!

That's what I finally saw. Sooo good
jcro21 likes this.
Old 08-22-2023, 04:47 PM   #4399 (permalink)

Strays

Strays - what a load of shite.

Booked to see Blue Beetle this weekend of the back of the positive review on todays show.
Old 08-27-2023, 02:54 PM   #4400 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLou79 View Post
Strays - what a load of shite.

Booked to see Blue Beetle this weekend of the back of the positive review on todays show.
I've seen worse.

I've booked cobweb for Monday night.