Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: What made you two split?
It was one really horrible argument and we couldn't get over it. 6 3.49%
He/She/I cheated. 26 15.12%
It was a long time coming, things just sort of went kaput. 75 43.60%
I found out he/she was a total crazy/asshole/smelly/a dragon 30 17.44%
Extenuating circumstances. We didn't want to, but we had to. 21 12.21%
The man upstairs doesn't let me out of the rape-chamber. (Other) 14 8.14%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Jesus! That's even colder. At least with a text you're likely to see it soon.
At least with a text he's likely the only one who will see it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundAbout View Post
At least with a text he's likely the only one who will see it.
God, good point. Manages to combine the cold, remote cruelty of a text message with grabbing a megaphone and broadcasting. That's uniquely mean spirited.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

I met this girl right after I moved to Austin in July, pretty, kind of a hippie. She had a little bit of weight on her and wasn't the hottest on this planet but I was lonely and kinda fell right into the whole thing. Anyway, we got along and then started seeing each other. After three months of us dating she told me she loved me, and I thought I loved her too, kind of silly looking back but at the time it made some sort of sense. A month later while I was at work she moved all her stuff in. We lived together until the beginning of March and she did nothing but sat on her ass and maybe cleaned the apartment once a month. Never had a job, paid no bills, and complained any time I asked her to do ANYTHING while I was out making money to support her sorry ass, but decided she would give me shit when I would cook and not wash the frying pan right away. We never fought, which she loved, but I hated because we couldn't have a serious conversation without her getting upset/crying. Then she started culinary school and it gave me a lot of time to think about all the shit that pissed me off.

I got tired of it, and one night while she was at school I packed all her shit up and split with her. She is still trying to come over every single day, and if she does she complains about how shitty her life is now, how she doesn't have any friends, blah blah blah, to the point where I just get pissed again and tell her to leave.

Ah well, I guess it's my own fault. Hoping I won't make that mistake again.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

My last ex was banging his ex.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

My last boyfriend was an alcoholic and I didn't realize just how badly it affected his life and our relationship. I could never get him to do anything with me, not even when it was free, like the beach. We went to a nice dinner once, but I picked up the tab (naturally). We worked at the same hotel so I arranged for us to go to the fancy restaurant and had a chef's tasting menu planned, all for free, and that night, he had spent half of his paycheck on booze, the other half was garnished for an old lawsuit he owed on, and he made up some excuse about not being able to go because he didn't have enough money to tip the kitchen. Nevermind he had never tipped the kitchen before or had been the recipient of a tip (he was a chef). It was a bullshit excuse that didn't matter, and I was over it. I was not so into him that I was willing to stand by him while he continued to waste away, and I didn't want to be the one to try to rescue him. I had too much self-esteem for him, and I knew I deserved better than bullshit excuses and getting dicked around.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:02 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
God, good point. Manages to combine the cold, remote cruelty of a text message with grabbing a megaphone and broadcasting. That's uniquely mean spirited.
Wow... I was broken up with via text message when my plan didn't support texts, in effect forcing me to pay a couple of bucks to be broken up with, but that was just her being an inconsiderate asshole. But at least I knew about it first...

I went with "I found out s/he was a total crazy," but most often that would apply to me. My family is dysfunctional to the point of being scary and I'm close to them, and it's just so much easier to go along with the circus when I'm around them than to be eaten alive. And since I now tend to date sane, sensible people, the warning bells go off and they end up running away, as they probably should.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Wow, nothing really for "we just went separate ways." We didn't have a lot in common. I didn't feel like I was any good at relationship stuff, and didn't want to commit the time to get better. We're still friends though.

Maybe I'm crazy? I guess most people would just ride it until the relationship crashed and burned for some reason.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBtch View Post
My last boyfriend was an alcoholic and I didn't realize just how badly it affected his life and our relationship. I could never get him to do anything with me, not even when it was free, like the beach. We went to a nice dinner once, but I picked up the tab (naturally). We worked at the same hotel so I arranged for us to go to the fancy restaurant and had a chef's tasting menu planned, all for free, and that night, he had spent half of his paycheck on booze, the other half was garnished for an old lawsuit he owed on, and he made up some excuse about not being able to go because he didn't have enough money to tip the kitchen. Nevermind he had never tipped the kitchen before or had been the recipient of a tip (he was a chef). It was a bullshit excuse that didn't matter, and I was over it. I was not so into him that I was willing to stand by him while he continued to waste away, and I didn't want to be the one to try to rescue him. I had too much self-esteem for him, and I knew I deserved better than bullshit excuses and getting dicked around.
Out of curiosity, how do you get together with an alcoholic in the first place? You say he doesn't want to go out, so how do you meet him?
Old 04-30-2010, 06:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The last time there were a lot of silent issues who were brewing, so there was a monster fight at New Year's Eve with bad words, slappings and anger.

Before that i've dumped in the cold "text message" way one time. I also upped the cowardry by changing my phone number afterwards.

I got that end of the stick too, anyway. The worst breakup i had developed as follows:
-I try to call the person and she doesnt answer, repeatedly. No previous arguments or fights were had.
-I receive a text saying pretty much "I dont want us to see each other".
-I freak out. Ponder. Get hammered. Then call at night until she agrees to at least meet and give me an explanation.
-I go to her house the day afterwards at the time she said. She isnt there. I wait. For a long time (i was young and still believed in love).
-Her sister appears and basically tells me that the girl doesnt want to speak to me.
-After a bit more drama, i happen to speak to her and she says "I just stopped loving you for a while but id didnt want to fight or talk about it. Now leave me alone"

I still dont know why. My heart broke and i never been the same since. That time my ability to love people sincerely died.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:21 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I also upped the cowardry by changing my phone number afterwards.
I lol'd, hard.
The rest of your post made me sad.