Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Talk Shite (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   What made you break up? (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/what-made-you-break-up-15025/)

lizsquiz 04-30-2010 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkenstein (Post 645481)

I still dont know why. My heart broke and i never been the same since. That time my ability to love people sincerely died.

Aww, Junk! I feel like you need a hug.

My most impressive break-up story is more to do with the follow up rather than the breakup circumstances.

I basically broke it off with this guy because he was starting to be weird, distant, creepy, and seemingly way into some nasty drugs.

Being a girl, about a year later I heard a song that reminded me of him (puke, I am so lame). And drunkenly decided to call him.

That call went something like:

Me: Hey, what's doin?

Him: Wow, since the last year, I got testicular cancer. Then I met this girl and we got married, by a priest, totally high, at like 3am on a Tuesday. She got pregnant and then purposely aborted our baby by drinking an entire bottle of scotch. Then when I confronted her about the death of baby by alcohol, she tried to stab me, then we both went to jail, and now here I am.

Me: Ah, I see. OK, bye.

Junkenstein 04-30-2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizsquiz (Post 645490)
Aww, Junk! I feel like you need a hug.

I'm always in for hugs.

But, it's old stuff, happened years ago. I just know (and i was told by my therapist too) that it was the type of break-up that makes people scared of falling in love and act like douches to others for a long time. Not completely untrue. I've been changing lately but that really made me feel entitled to be an asshole for a long time. And i would lie if i told that i dont have a bit of a creepy feeling when i remember sitting in front of that door.

lizsquiz 04-30-2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkenstein (Post 645493)
I'm always in for hugs.

But, it's old stuff, happened years ago. I just know (and i was told by my therapist too) that it was the type of break-up that makes people scared of falling in love and act like douches to others for a long time. Not completely untrue. I've been changing lately but that really made me feel entitled to be an asshole for a long time. And i would lie if i told that i dont have a bit of a creepy feeling when i remember sitting in front of that door.

Yes, that would make me feel creepy too. And I think most of us have had that feeling of "why did I get myself into this only to end up being stepped on and feeling horrible."

But in the end you realise you're not a creepy stalker and you're not a long time douche, and you sort yourself out and heal.

If we didn't feel crap when things end, why should we care when things begin?

Junkenstein 04-30-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizsquiz (Post 645495)
If we didn't feel crap when things end, why should we care when things begin?

You're so right on that. But that's something i'm getting only lately. For a lot of time i avoided any sort of bonding with anybody, to avoid getting hurt.

And i'm not only talking about relationships, although those are always the hardest and most rewarding of interactions. I literally tried everything to be completely empty and emotionless. I didnt want to get involved too much with people, care about them, even think too much about them. It also had to do with my family issues. I just thought that if having emotions and caring about others made me feel bad, i would just make myself like a piece of concrete.

And i admit this too. For a long time, i enjoyed making others suffer that way. It made me feel less weak. I reveled in being an asshole.

Then, with time and thanks to good people (and i obviously include the KATGers and K and C themselves), i turned into a normal person again.

It was a looooooooooooooong process though. And i understand very well how some just never get out of it.

Oh Teddy. You just turned me into Emo Junk. Darn.

HanSolo69 04-30-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punk'n (Post 645359)
For my last one I couldn't decide whether to pick "he cheated" or "found out he was a crazy asshole". It was a toss up.

Too often that means that you're actually the crazy one who saw something minor (maybe he dared talk to another woman) and assumed he was cheating.
But maybe you're the exception.

blackpussy 04-30-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by standardman (Post 645394)
Anyone ever been dumped via text message? Curious to see the results.

No but I once had my little brother pretend to be me and call and break up with a guy (my siblings and I all sound alike) and the guy started to cry, my brother told him who he was and started laughing at him and taunting him. It was awesomely funny:D

BrownEyedBtch 04-30-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWarrior (Post 645480)
Out of curiosity, how do you get together with an alcoholic in the first place? You say he doesn't want to go out, so how do you meet him?

We worked together. I was the lunch runner and he was one of the lunch chefs. I didn't realize the extent of his drinking at first. Right when we were getting together he was helping me move to a new place, and part of my move included parts of a bar I was given. Good shit too, like XO and a few bottles of rum. Within a week, there were 4 empty bottles, and I hadn't had any of it. I didn't see much in our future as a couple when I realized I'd have to hide alcohol in my own home. I'd at least hoped for a good friends with benefits situation, but he needed help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkenstein (Post 645497)
You're so right on that. But that's something i'm getting only lately. For a lot of time i avoided any sort of bonding with anybody, to avoid getting hurt.

It's sad to know so many people miss out on the euphoria and true happiness of relationships because they never want to take the chances of being hurt. I am okay being hurt because it meant that I felt great in the first place.

EastTexas 04-30-2010 10:16 PM

Conveniently my last two breakups have just been that I needed to move somewhere hundreds of miles away.

XxDeceptoRxX 05-01-2010 02:07 AM

I'm surprised that cheating isn't taking the lead :O

evadwolrab 05-01-2010 02:58 AM

I keep trying to post in this thread and it fails miserably. Fuck my router.

Two exes was never really love anyway. We just lived together and hung out and very occasionally had sex.

My most recent one, I'm still trying to work out. Living together and marriage and whatnot had been talked about without any freaking out, and it was the best thing ever for a while. Then after Christmas, there would be ignored phonecalls followed by "sorry, I was cooking" texts three hours later. And the sex stopped. And the kissing was forced.

Starting to wonder whether I was basically used as a safety net for breaking up with her ex and feeling like she didn't really have any close friends.

Certainly absolutely battered my faith in my character judgement, and as a result it will take years before I trust someone else enough to put that much of myself into it. Also, fuck her. No one goes from being so blissfully crazy for each other (and the BEST of friends) to "I don't know, I can't explain why I don't feel it any more." That's bullshit - she was just lying to begin with.