Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What Mossad Did...

Shit storm of the week down in Australia saw the Australian Government expel an Israeli diplomat after investigation revealed that the Israeli Government via Mossad was implicated in the usage of forged Australian passports.

Earlier this year, it came to light that Mossad agents operating in Dubai assassinated Hamas figure Mahmoud al-Mabhouh in Dubai in January. The agents were using forged passports. The originals belonged to Australians nationals living in Israel.

The expulsion of the Mossad connected diplomat from Australia came as Foreign Affairs Minister Stephen Smith described Israel's behavior as "not the actions of a friend". Israel reacted with predictable outrage, the conservative opposition here accused the Fed Govt of the usual anti-semitic bullshit and suggested that it's actions were less about condemning Israel's actions and more about appeasing Arab nations who apparently can influence Australia's chances of getting a seat on the UN Security Council. The News Limited dominated media here are in a confected lather of faux outrage and it's all getting a little out of control.

Julie Bishop, the opposition's foreign affairs spokeswoman, who looks like George W. in drag got herself into the shit by suggesting that all intelligence services including our own here in Australia have used forged passports in security operations. She has been roundly condemned by all and sundry for being a lying dickhead. But in all of this - four Australians - private citizens - have found themselves being used as pawns in the mother of all pissing contests by an instrumentality who is pretty much akin to a terrorist organization itself. They were treated appallingly by the Australian media snd government in the aftermath of the assassination and as far as I know - to date - no-one from either side of this mess has stepped up to offer them even a bunch of flowers in apology.

Should Mossad be prescribed as a terrorist organization?

I hate this fucking world.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
Should Mossad be prescribed as the terrorist organization?
i fix for you
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

The only funny spy games was the Chevy Chase/Dan Akroyd one. All that cloak and dagger shit is just old now...I'm tired of it and it fucks me off. Spies should just die...
Old 05-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Setting dEadERest's ridiculousness aside:

I had two passports when I travelled & moved around as a kid. One was Diplomatic (my mother, father & step-father were all spooks) the other was a Tourist passport with a different name, different city & date of birth, but still my picture. My whole family had an extra, false passport, and I have every expectation that all of my friends from back then also had them. To the best of my knowledge, my alter-ego passport was a completely fictious other person.

So, its not uncommon at all to use fake/forged passports, so Julie Bishops' comment was factual. I think the problem here is that her (factual) statement is being taken as condoning of the theft of real people's passports for the purposes of espionage. That seems to just be a weird leap Dean you, and the media are making. I'd guess that if she was asked directly, "Do you condone the the theft of actual citizens' passports for the purposes of espionage?" then should would have said, "No".

Maybe I'm picking out a weird part of your comments to stop & scratch my head on, but its just one of those things that distracts from your real (and valid) point, that 4 completely innocent Australians got fucked for no reason.

"Hahaha too easy" -- Trent said in the thread about the story about Trent
Old 05-27-2010, 03:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Fair call. I just hate Julie Bishop was a passion. That got in the way of my objectivity...
Old 05-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Marcos View Post
Setting dEadERest's ridiculousness aside:
well, it's better to be set aside then set upon
Old 05-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dEadERest View Post
well, it's better to be set aside then set upon
Dood! Well said -- You make almost want to point out that your link misses the Ethiopian connection. You & Tech Andrew (TechOttawa) should hang & discuss 911. Now THAT guy is an expert on the subject.