Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-02-2008, 03:26 PM   #61 (permalink)

I have a ton of these

When I was a kid I fell and scraped up both my palms on my friends driveway. It would have been fine, but the scrapes were in the center of my palms and the scabs would break every time I moved my hands, so my friends mom taped boards on my hands one at a time in order to give them time to heal. I had scars there for a few years, but they've gone away now.

Also when I was a kid, I was playing with my grandmothers knitting needles, putting the sharp end of one against the left side of my neck and the dull end of the other against the right side of my neck and pretending that there was a really long knitting needle stuck in my neck. Of course I tripped, fell against the wall and the sharp end really did jab my in the neck. I ran to my grandma with the needle still in my neck and she just pulled it out, poured hydrogen peroxide in it and gave me a bandage.

When I was about 12, I flung the back door open, and because it was on a spring it had begun to close by the time I turned around to go back outside as I had changed my mind about being inside the house. I stuck my hand out to push the door open again, but I missed and my hand went straight through the glass window. I would have been fine, but in my fright, I yanked my hand back to my body, scraping my wrist lengthwise across a piece of glass that remained lodged in the window frame. I went into shock and stared at the blood as it flowed out of the gash and onto the floor. My mom freaked out and started hitting my shoulder yelling "don't freak out! Don't Freak Out!" My grandmother just went into the kitchen, got a towel and started to usher me to the car. I kept trying to go back into the house to change my skirt. For some reason, I felt that the one I was wearing was too short to visit the hospital in. The doctor said that the glass went right in between two major veins, narrowly missing my tendons. I only needed two stitches inside my wrist and eight to close the wound.

And finally, a few months ago I was trying to walk down my brothers driveway and I failed to realize that his neighbor's driveway is a completely different angle than his, so I tripped, fell and scraped the top of my left food along the curb that divides the two driveways for a good few feet. This is what it looked like a few days later:

I have a scar that looks like something took a bite out of the top of my foot.

Last edited by marina; 08-02-2008 at 03:31 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:44 PM   #62 (permalink)

Weirdest or dumbest?

I tend not to do anything that may result in me getting injuried but the dumbest injury i've had was just a few months ago.

I was drunk and my internet was pissing me off. The webpage i'd been trying to load for roughly 15 minutes finally loaded just as my computer crashed and reset so, being the calm person i am, i spun around and punched a cupboard door with full gusto.

I wasn't aware of how solid the wooden door was nor was i thinking about it at the time and i ended up snapping the bone in my hand just above the top knuckle of my little finger... it's apparently called a Boxer's Fracture. I was told by numerous doctors at work to go to the E.D and get it popped back into place ASAP or i risked having to have hand surgery to pin it back in place but i'm piss scared of hospitals so i never ended up going.

It's kinda healed now. My little finger is quite crooked, i don't have a visible top knuckle anymore and when it's cold my whole little finger aches.

Lesson learnt.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #63 (permalink)

About 4 or 5 years ago, I sliced my middle finger open trying to open a can of Campbells soup. It was one of the new cans with the pop top. I was trying to open it gently to avoid spilling the soup all over the place cuz I'm a clutz. Gently doesn't work with that type of lid, so I pulled a little harder & when the cover came off it jerked to the side & got the side of my middle finger by the nail. The cut was only about a 1/2 inch long, but went in quite far & got an artery. I felt like an ass going to the hospital, but for the life of me couldn't get the bleeding to stop. Now, Campbells actually makes a contraption to open those kinds of lids & yes I do own one.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:54 PM   #64 (permalink)

As a teen I was trying to start a trash barrel fire from another trash barrel fire. I used my favorite walking stick to light a milk jug and then try to light the other barrel. It worked but I wanted my stick back and there was a flaming milk jug on one end. I was shirtless. Waved it around until it landed on my chest. As I ran to the house the plastic cooled and hardened. My mom used a butter knife to pry the melted plastic off of my chest along with some skin. She took maybe 3 square inches lol. Definitely should’ve went to the hospital.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #65 (permalink)

My testicles broke my fall once. Landed on the cross bar of a bicycle and ended up twisting them around a bit.

Accidentally poured rubbing alcohol into my freshly ruptured eardrum.

Slipped on lube that was on the bathroom floor and hit my head on the toilet.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:45 AM   #66 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Pitchfork

Someone swung a pitchfork and it went straight through my boot into my calf.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:17 AM   #67 (permalink)

I got burned by a faulty hairdryer once. It was a real nightmare... The heating temperature was so high that my hair just melted under its influence. It turned out later than something got inside the blowdryer and caused ignition, can you imagine?! I don't use cheap blowdryers anymore, it's better to use something like described on mystraightener blog.