Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 12-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

What are you fighting for?

This post is not meant to demean our armed service personal, but to get their personal answer. It seems like the American way of life is a joke and unless the enemy is willing to come over here we will still have our freedoms. 9/11 was a huge draw for military service, if I was younger and quite a bit more in shape I would have went myself.

So active duty and reservists what is your reason for fighting?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

I just figured out one answer to my question.

I'm fighting so assholes like you can post stupid questions on the internet.

I'm considering myself served.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Thank you.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
It seems like the American way of life is a joke and unless the enemy is willing to come over here we will still have our freedoms.
Until you look at any country where the people are not free to live like we do, or do not even have the opportunity.

The enemy is VERY willing to come over here. There are people who want to kill you, right now, for being an American. There are people being preached to that you are a devil and that you are the reason for all of their suffering. If they get the chance, they would tie you to a chair, cut your head off with a machete, and video tape it to post on the internet.

This is not because you personally went to the Middle East and kicked them in the balls, but because you are an American or some other country that is supporting Israel and not allowing them to exterminate the Jewish people to take the land that they are fighting over. Your country has a lifestyle that does not follow the laws of Islam. Your are not a member of Islam. No PC bullshit speech or begging would stop them from sawing through your neck and praising their god while they did it. Do you know what does stop them? Our military is fighting them over there. Our guys walk around with a target on their backs and that keeps the fight away from us.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansur View Post
Until you look at any country where the people are not free to live like we do, or do not even have the opportunity.

The enemy is VERY willing to come over here. There are people who want to kill you, right now, for being an American. There are people being preached to that you are a devil and that you are the reason for all of their suffering. If they get the chance, they would tie you to a chair, cut your head off with a machete, and video tape it to post on the internet.

This is not because you personally went to the Middle East and kicked them in the balls, but because you are an American or some other country that is supporting Israel and not allowing them to exterminate the Jewish people to take the land that they are fighting over. Your country has a lifestyle that does not follow the laws of Islam. Your are not a member of Islam. No PC bullshit speech or begging would stop them from sawing through your neck and praising their god while they did it. Do you know what does stop them? Our military is fighting them over there. Our guys walk around with a target on their backs and that keeps the fight away from us.
Whoa, dude. Calm down. Scale back the ignorance a few levels and we'll chat.

Reasons for joining and reasons for fighting are two entirely different questions. The reason to join changes with everyone you ask. Lots of guys join so that they can afford college when they get out, some join because of patriotism, some join as a family legacy. Me personally, I joined because it felt like what I was supposed to do with my life. However, the question of why we fight is pretty universal. As cliche as it sounds, you fight for your friends. As soon as bullets start flying, as soon as shit starts blowing up around you, as soon as all hell breaks loose, all the politics and shit go right out the window. Ideas are intangible. Ideas are hard to fight for. The guy next to you is real. You know him. You've met his family. You've been through a ton of shit with him. Its easy to fight for him. He's with you as the world is exploding around you, and he's fighting for you.

In short, your question wasn't dumb, it was just the wrong question for what you want answered.

iGunr.com, read it bitches.