Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Talk Shite (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   What are you watching right now? Is it any good? (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/what-you-watching-right-now-any-good-21810/)

Apia resurrected 05-06-2020 12:16 AM

What are you watching right now? Is it any good?

We watched “never have i ever” on Netflix and I think it’s a close to perfect show.

It’s about an Indian teenager girl who tries to be cool and forget the death of her father.

It was very sweet, funny and smart.

Bucho 05-06-2020 02:06 AM

Just got done with Fleabag. Andrea and Chemda were right. 9/10

Now onto S2 of After Life and no, it's not any good. First season was good stuff, a solid 8/10. First 3 eps of S2 have been pretty cack. Feels obligatory, like Gervais was going through the motions when he wrote it. 3/10

Sparrow 05-10-2020 08:18 PM

i’m binging later seasons of CSI; so far, i have cracked zero cases.

CsisandDesist 05-12-2020 08:51 AM

I watched and really enjoyed "I AM NOT OK WITH THIS" on Netflix. I am watching Killing Eve, and the Canadian show Working Moms, which aren't bad.

My youngest son and I bing watched the Guy Ritchie movies, The Gentlemen, Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, which are always fun, with the latest The Gentlemen being the best.

Apia resurrected 05-12-2020 12:33 PM

We are now on “ dead to me”, second season.
I enjoy it.

NotARegularMom 05-12-2020 02:23 PM

I’ve been watching a lot of 90 Day Fiancé. Alone. My husband doesn’t like it.

With the husband - Dead to Me on Netflix

I did just finish the podcast, Cold. It’s about Susan and Josh Powell. The father in law, Steve Powell, was next level obsessed with the daughter in law. The man was creepier than Father Malley.

jcro21 05-12-2020 05:58 PM

Somehow I've become obsessed with Rust Valley Restorers on Netflix. It's about these rural Canadian dopes who run a vintage car restoration shop. I don't give a shit about cars and almost never watch reality shows but this show is so good, kind of like Trailer Park Boys come to life. Highly recommend.

iralevec2 05-28-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia resurrected (Post 883117)
We watched “never have i ever” on Netflix and I think it’s a close to perfect show.

It’s about an Indian teenager girl who tries to be cool and forget the death of her father.

It was very sweet, funny and smart.

Recently I found a cool site with tests and already in the evening I can’t tear myself away

https://psycho-tests.com/test/logical-reasoning-iq-test

SpareBen 05-28-2020 11:57 AM

Current binges: Hill Street Blues, St. Elsewhere, One Tree Hill.

Gave up on Riverdale, barely tolerating Dynasty, thought Hollywood was bonkers but I liked it - looking forward to Season 2 of The Politician.

HBO Max has an impressive line-up if it's available where you are. Looking forward to Alan Partridge, haven't seen much of him since I moved from Ireland.

Bucho 05-28-2020 05:28 PM

Alan Partridge rules.

Me and the missus have been watching S1 of Future Man, an R-rated sci-fi comedy series created by Seth Rogen. 5 eps in and it's fun as fuck. If you dug the bloody ultraviolence and adultness of The Boys check out Future Man.

lizzy1e 06-04-2020 07:19 AM

We just started watching a German show called “Dark” on Netflix. It not bad... it’s like “Stranger Things” for grown ups.

SpareBen 06-04-2020 09:55 AM

Loved Dark - hoping for Season 3 within a month or 2. Black Spot is a similarly weird but good sci-fi show on Netflix.

SpareBen 06-04-2020 09:57 AM

You've probably already seen this elsewhere but Michael B. Jordan's latest film focusing on racial injustice is being made available for free rental.

American Son on Netflix is also good.

SpareBen 06-04-2020 10:02 AM

Not sure how well this translates but let's give it a go...

Sparrow 06-04-2020 11:24 AM

the final season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is happening. super jazzed! did a little time caper in the past to kick things off.

lizzy1e 06-04-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpareBen (Post 883697)
Not sure how well this translates but let's give it a go...

I freaking love Father Ted! ☘️

Sparrow 06-05-2020 03:53 PM

binged the last episodes of Fuller House. i love how self-aware it is about what it is and how it references itself everywhere. the end did leave me sour; what co-dependent bullshit. all in all, nice, though problematic, nostalgia.

(Aunt Becky was “helping her mom in Nebraska.”)

Rune 06-10-2020 04:35 AM

Can I just say Seth Rogen can get it.

Well, I’ve been watching daunting documentaries, Epstein, Gabriel Hernandez, etc...it seems child abuse has been a theme this week. I’m looking into all these suggestions. I need the change of pace.

Oh, and I did get halfway through a movie with baby Jared Leto, and the distinct soundtrack to every conspiracy theory video ever uploaded onto YouTube. Yep, “Requiem for A Dream”. It was weird to hear it in the context of a movie about addiction vs. the Illuminati or whatever.

jcro21 06-11-2020 09:18 AM

Started watching Avatar: The Last Airbender a couple weeks before it went on Netflix. Probably the only show I can remember liking enough to NOT binge it, because I want to savor each episode and take it all in. 10/10. Also the fact that long-time fans of the show still seem to love it and talk about it must mean it has a satisfying ending, which I'm looking forward to.

Apia resurrected 06-11-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcro21 (Post 883842)
Started watching Avatar: The Last Airbender a couple weeks before it went on Netflix. Probably the only show I can remember liking enough to NOT binge it, because I want to savor each episode and take it all in. 10/10. Also the fact that long-time fans of the show still seem to love it and talk about it must mean it has a satisfying ending, which I'm looking forward to.

We watched it and the spin off. It was so great I wish there was more.

Rune 06-12-2020 05:15 AM

We just got done watching the new Chapelle (8:46). Definitely recommend!

Cowlord 06-15-2020 02:23 PM

I just started a show (doc?) called "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch". Skinwalker is said to be the biggest hot spot on earth for UFO and parnormal and unexplainable phenomenon and this team is going to get to the bottom of it.

So far it's like those ghost hunter shows where they do a lot of testing but you never see this weird shit they claim; I am not far in though.

AshleyH 06-16-2020 06:47 PM

Just finished "Fleabag." Loved it. Also just finished the first season of "Ozark." Into it.

Bucho 06-18-2020 01:06 PM

Finished S4 of Insecure. Yes it is any good, the show is hella consistently fire as fuck. Also you get the bonus of listening to Rod from Black Guy Who Tips and his friend Bassey chatting it up about each episode.

JacobClark86 06-24-2020 05:58 AM

I am watching now the new series The Rookie, it's really good