Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 11-23-2009, 11:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If others received stuff from him, maybe their packages included a return address?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
how do you know he went to vegas
Old 11-24-2009, 07:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Is Moore View Post
Loki's hobbies are rescuing small children and animals and finding them homes! How fucking dare you?
Super LOL!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humpski View Post
Fuck off. Different people like different things. I wouldn't give you shit if you paid a lot of money for some sort of premium sports gear. Don't act like your hobbies (whatever they may be) are somehow more worthy than mine.
Yeah, but if I did pay a lot of money for something for my hobby and got ripped off from another dumbass on the INTERNET I would chalk it up as a learning experience, rather than whine that you got taken on the forums and be surprised that others think it was a dumb move on your part.

Hey wait.. I’ll make you an arcade stick for $199.96 and shipping is free... sorry I only take cash... that’s not a problem is it?

Last edited by Loki74; 11-24-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I know Keith has had someone around here find people's contact info before. If anyone around here is able to do me a favor I'd be forever in their debt.

There's a guy who's ripped me and about 20 other people off by taking our money and claiming he was going to build us arcade sticks. Then, he ran off to Vegas, gambled our money away and got in trouble with the law. Now, he's gone off and disappeared, leaving us with nothing. All in all he scammed about $4500 off of the group of us. $300 off of me personally.

What kind of info is needed to find this guy? All I know is his first name is Aaron, his internet handle he's used in multiple places is "Lazeeya" and he lives in San Diego.

Is there anyone here who can help us track him down?
Here's the thread from the forum he was operating out of:
Shoryuken

Thanks in advance...
Let me see if I understand the situation clearly:

You gave someone you don't know, never met and clearly didn't research fiat currency of some sort to provide for you something you could not create yourself and so were willing to part with said currency for? Yes? He failed to make good on his end of the agreement. You stand by the fact that you could not possibly have known better and in reality - none of this is your fault. You need the help of even more strangers to track down the first stranger who you magically know ran off to Vegas? Do I have this right?

If so you may pick from option A or B:

A. Sure dude. I have access to incredible search engines due to my profession. He's currently staying at a suite in the Bellagio hotel. Call the desk clerk, who works for this guy, Danny Ocean. You don't know him, but trust me - he's a good guy. He'll run the dude's credit card for the exact amount you're owed plus a small gratuity for his efforts. He will then make that deposit into whatever account you like. Do you have pay pal?

B. This is a small price to pay for making a stupid mistake. Don't make the same mistake again and count yourself ahead of the game.

Best thread title ever.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

Like I already said. This guy had over a year of outstanding service behind him. People gushed over his work and his customer service. There was absolutely no reason to believe he would run out on us.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:01 PM   #17 (permalink)

escrow exists for a reason
Old 11-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

Just google what you know abut the guy, then google stuff you find. Keep notes if it gets complicated. Google his user name, pre-domain email name, email, name, etc. Unless he used a name that he purposefully chose to keep people off his trail, or he doesn't do much online, you'll find something.

Pay for stuff like that with a credit card, most credit cards protect you from ripoffs
Old 11-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Like I already said. This guy had over a year of outstanding service behind him. People gushed over his work and his customer service. There was absolutely no reason to believe he would run out on us.
All that being said. So you find out where he is, then what? What do you think is going to happen?
I can tell you what. You'll try to contact him and he won't respond.
Game over.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexas View Post
All that being said. So you find out where he is, then what? What do you think is going to happen?
I can tell you what. You'll try to contact him and he won't respond.
Game over.
There are people on the forum from San Diego that said they would contact him in person for us if we could find out where he is. Some of them got scammed too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdrafttech View Post
Pay for stuff like that with a credit card, most credit cards protect you from ripoffs
I paid through paypal with a credit card but it's been far too long to file for any grievances. It was going to take him 6 months to build the thing, even if he had actually done it for me because he was really swamped with orders.

Street Fighter IV had just come out. He used to get like 2 - 3 orders every few weeks. At the point I ordered he probably had over 50 to do. He got overwhelmed, had some bad luck in Vegas with the law and then found that people were wanting their money back since he didn't get around to building them yet. Since he was broke after the Vegas debacle he went into hiding rather than give back thousands in refunds.

Last edited by Humpski; 11-24-2009 at 11:23 PM.