Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree7Likes

Old 04-19-2008, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

"Why da fuck I gotta tip the waiter"

I'm not entirely sure if this was posted yet if it was I apologize, but I would like to know if I'm the only one who thinks that this woman is feeding a stereotype.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v6pi-9LBtxs

(I don't post here much so I'm not entirely sure how to embed videos on the forum so if someone to do it, it would be appreciated.)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourbid View Post
I'm not entirely sure if this was posted yet if it was I apologize, but I would like to know if I'm the only one who thinks that this woman is feeding a stereotype.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v6pi-9LBtxs

(I don't post here much so I'm not entirely sure how to embed videos on the forum so if someone to do it, it would be appreciated.)
Fixed

Old 04-19-2008, 10:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Fucking people. Just seeing this makes my blood boil. I would rant about it but I am too tired. There are some good replies though.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

I REALLY hope Patrice will leave her thoughts on this one...
Old 04-19-2008, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

see this?

/rubs thumb and index finger together

that's the worlds smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.

but seriously... someone lynch her. yes, i just said that.

"I PUT THE SHAW IN SHAW, OKAY!" *fingersnaps*
Old 04-19-2008, 11:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yes, she's definitely feeding the stereotype.
All B.S. aside at every restaurant I've ever worked at everyone including other black servers would wonder why black people just don't seem to tip well.

The owner of the comedy club here in OKC will chase customers down for her servers if we tell her someone didn't tip, she is awesome.

Last edited by Dodges Bullets; 04-20-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ok, a minute and half into that video I stopped it, that bitch is stingy. She and her friends should've tipped a minimum of $30. Hasn't she ever had friend that waited tables to know better? I'm a habitul overtipper, so I take that into account. To me just giving me good and adequate service you tip 20%. If someone goes out of their way to be helpful, and talk and joke with you, then you tip more. What a fuckin bitch. I've tipped 100% before, I don't screw people over and honestly there's a part of me that loves making a waiters day/night.
iheartnihilism likes this.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks King.

I found from my time as a server and bartender that the best tippers are those who have also worked in the industry. Regular joes would tip the standard. The worst tippers were PWT (poor white trash - especially if they had a gift certificate) and black guys (usually inverse to the amount of gold they were wearing). Close runners up were those guys who had money but weren't rich (with the same inversion as the black guys) - unless they were on a date.

I had one guy who would always come in and order two double Bombay Saphire extra dry dirty martinis with exactly 4 olives and would just leave the .50 change. I waited until he came in with a lady one night and as they were getting up I pointed and reminded him very loudly to not forget his change. The look on his face was priceless. I could tell that it absolutely killed him to pick that change up and drop some cash in its place. After that we had an understanding - he would tip the proper amount and I wouldn't call his cheap ass out.

Damn I'm glad I'm out of that racket.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I can kinda see both sides, but really, how much intelligence does it take to serve shit? Literally, a monkey could do it. Do you think you should be paid proportionately? FYI, interns in NYC do a lot more shit and get paid jack, why do you think you should be making double digits a night?
Old 04-20-2008, 01:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Wit

I tip well because of working in retail for a few months. Any job dealing with the public makes you appreciate what others are going through. I always tip 20% minimum. Always worth it.