Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree7Likes

Old 04-20-2008, 04:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

I get decent tips from black people, not that I get many.

The stereotype in Canada, atleast in the city's I've served in (Calgary and Victoria respectively) is that Native's don't tip. Period. I've gotten a 74 CENT tip on a bill that cost $89.24 because I was allowed to "keep the change".

God damn it.. You get FREE MONEY from the government, how about actually tipping me after ordering an appetizer, a large order of ribs AND a fucking desert while taking up what could be my busiest table for 2 hours?

Fuck it, didn't mean to derail.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:20 AM   #12 (permalink)

Location: Inside of Barbie's Dreamhouse (she's tied up in the closet)
I wish they'd bring back slavery or at least indentured servants. I don't think it should be along the lines of race again; I'm an equal opportunity enslaver. But if people have a few too many kids it would be nice if they could shrug off the burden and sell a few off. It would be win-win for everyone involved
Old 04-20-2008, 07:25 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I can kinda see both sides, but really, how much intelligence does it take to serve shit? Literally, a monkey could do it. Do you think you should be paid proportionately? FYI, interns in NYC do a lot more shit and get paid jack, why do you think you should be making double digits a night?
I would argue that - not everyone can do it. Ask any restaurant owner/manager. For every employee that lasts - there are 5-10 that didn't or couldn't handle the job. I could see your argument if servers were paid the regular minimum wage, but they aren't. I'm not saying that I tip everyone the minimum, if I get shit service I leave a shit tip (I always leave something so they know I didn't just forget).

Internships are a very different case - it's an opportunity for the intern to gain experience and fatten their resume knowing that they are going to get a much higher paying job down the road and/or it's a vetting process for the company to see if they are worth hiring.

Trust me when I say if you are a cheapskate on your tips everyone in that place will know it.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:32 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafer_praha View Post
I wish they'd bring back slavery or at least indentured servants. I don't think it should be along the lines of race again; I'm an equal opportunity enslaver. But if people have a few too many kids it would be nice if they could shrug off the burden and sell a few off. It would be win-win for everyone involved
And make people with to many kids sterile so they don't breed
Old 04-20-2008, 07:33 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0l3n View Post
And make people with to many kids sterile so they don't breed
That would only make slaves more valuable so I'm completely against that.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Ok shit's wrong on a couple of levels here

8$ on a 164 bill that's bareley 5% you fucking cheap cunt's

Cheescake factory etc put tip guides on the bills for ignorant non math figuring out cunts like her

Tipping is expected for all but the worst service and 15% is the socially expected normal level. Be-the fuck-have we all know this.

I do think that in some cases restuarants profile black people I've seen waiters rush to a table to check the folder before I got to the door, I just chuckle and laugh cuz now I make sure 15% is my bare minimum on all but the worst service.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:04 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah View Post
Ok shit's wrong on a couple of levels here

8$ on a 164 bill that's bareley 5% you fucking cheap cunt's

Cheescake factory etc put tip guides on the bills for ignorant non math figuring out cunts like her

Tipping is expected for all but the worst service and 15% is the socially expected normal level. Be-the fuck-have we all know this.

I do think that in some cases restuarants profile black people I've seen waiters rush to a table to check the folder before I got to the door, I just chuckle and laugh cuz now I make sure 15% is my bare minimum on all but the worst service.
I always worry about my hubcaps whenever I think a Puerto Rican is around for the exact same reason.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #18 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
she lost me at "it cuz I black!"
Old 04-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I can kinda see both sides, but really, how much intelligence does it take to serve shit? Literally, a monkey could do it. Do you think you should be paid proportionately? FYI, interns in NYC do a lot more shit and get paid jack, why do you think you should be making double digits a night?
I'd argue this point and tell you to go ask all of your friends who have been servers, but you obviously have no friends. You just plain don't get it. Waiters get paid shit, because it's assumed they will get tips. It's assholes like you who equate what they do to something a monkey could do that is the problem. Being a good waiter isn't that hard, but when you have some asshole manager overloading you with more than your section and being a dick while he sits on his fat ass eating chicken tenders it's a different story.

Act like a person who gives a fuck, tip you waiter well unless he/she is a dick, and go about your day. Otherwise you're just "one of those assholes"
Old 04-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #20 (permalink)

god damn every step we take forward some asshole gotta take 5 back