Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree7Likes

Old 04-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah View Post
Ok shit's wrong on a couple of levels here

8$ on a 164 bill that's bareley 5% you fucking cheap cunt's

Cheescake factory etc put tip guides on the bills for ignorant non math figuring out cunts like her

Tipping is expected for all but the worst service and 15% is the socially expected normal level. Be-the fuck-have we all know this.

I do think that in some cases restuarants profile black people I've seen waiters rush to a table to check the folder before I got to the door, I just chuckle and laugh cuz now I make sure 15% is my bare minimum on all but the worst service.

This may have been said earlier, I don't know I don't read all of your posts that clearly... LOL

Servers are taxed, and by taxed I mean they have money taken away from them, at a rate of 7% per sale. Which means if you buy $100 worth of food sitting at there table, they are taxed $7, just because you ordered the food. So, yeah, I can side with the server on this one, but...

The tax doesn't cover alcohol. So if I buy $100 worth of food and $100 worth of alcohol, that tax the server has to pay only applies to the food.

It is up to the restaurant to decide if the tips are distributed to the bus boys, and the bar tenderes etc...

I don't know where I am going with this but she is a douche and so is the rest of the people she was with. I don't care what color her skin is.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #22 (permalink)

I kinda wanna kill her.

The end.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADZ View Post
I kinda wanna kill her.

The end.
Nah, that's too easy.

She should be forced to be a waitress for a month.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray14 View Post
Nah, that's too easy.

She should be forced to be a waitress for a month.
QFT
Old 04-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #25 (permalink)

maybe someone could clear something up for me that always sits in the back of my mind when i go out. When I go to a shitball diner place (ie IHOP or Dennys) my waiter/waitress makes about $2 from my $10. I figure making $2 for the 5 minutes(maximum) you spent dealing with my shit/me is fair. If i ask for things like a different drink I tip more because of the additional hassle.

Here is where my logic is failing. When I go to restaurant thats still casual dining but has higher menu prices (ie Red Lobster or Olive Garden) I still receive the same amount of service. Shouldn't that waiter/waitress get paid the same for the same amount of work or am I missing something? Pizza drivers are usually tipped without regard to the bill but in regards to their service so why should waiters be treated differently?

Are Denny's servers doing less then a cunt who is slinging cheese rolls?

EDIT: I just read the Grapist's post. Are servers taxed everywhere?

Last edited by killjohnson; 04-20-2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: being a dipshit
Old 04-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #26 (permalink)

I tip for good service, I tip bad or not at all for poor service, and I tip average for average service.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:41 PM   #27 (permalink)

:shrug:

I agree with her. the restaurant should pay the help. Look at the rant at the beginning of reservoir dogs. Should I tip the guy at McD? Why not? Yadda yadda.

I am usually a very generous tipper, but I don't think a server has the right to fuck with someone who doesn't tip.

Are you pissed off that you are paid shit? Blame the restaurant, not the customer. She paid the server $8 to serve three entrees and six drinks. If most people who ate there tipped 10-15% in a place where three entrees and six drinks cost $160, getting stiffed isn't that big of a deal.

I know a lot of rich successful restaurant owners. They are all super-cheap because that's how they get rich. Restaurant owners depend on you to pay their help. Is it right that you should pay their help? That chain restaurant gay server kid (another true to life stereotype) probably doesn't say shit when the boss makes him clean the messy bar before his shift for his server wage. Paying the bus boy and the bartender is now on the customer too? Fuck you waiter-boy, you are a tool. Stand up for yourself. Get a different job.

I know people who work in places like this. They earn plenty. It isn't uncommon for a part time shift to bring in over $100. If you're a waiter, you aren't worth $20/hour. Giving this bitch shit for not tipping should be reason for dismissal.

Go ahead and put this woman down, but only if you tip the guy at home depot, the girl at McD, the guy in the toll booth on the bridge, etc, etc.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
Servers are taxed, and by taxed I mean they have money taken away from them, at a rate of 7% per sale. Which means if you buy $100 worth of food sitting at there table, they are taxed $7, just because you ordered the food. So, yeah, I can side with the server on this one, but...

The tax doesn't cover alcohol. So if I buy $100 worth of food and $100 worth of alcohol, that tax the server has to pay only applies to the food.
By servers do you mean waiters? I've never heard this, and I think that's something that would have been brought up before by Keith or someone on the forums.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:49 PM   #29 (permalink)

She has got a point , She paid the bill.
5% isn't a great tip but it's better than nothing.

I live in a country where service staff get paid very well and tipping is thought of as an ideal but definitely not expected.

I pay 10% for adequate service and 20% or more for great service.
But I'm prepared to give 0 tip for poor service and never go back.

If your shitty bosses paid their staff better than minimum wage, which is much worst than most western countries, then the customers wouldn't have to help them make a decent wage.

How many people tip at McDonalds or KFC? Very few.
What's the difference? They are still making and serving you food.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
How many people tip at McDonalds or KFC? Very few.
What's the difference? They are still making and serving you food.
False.