Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree1Likes

Old 01-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #321 (permalink)

I hate New Year's Resolutionists. They always fill up my gym/beach and buy everything in my market. I suppose they will probably be crowing the already crowded farmers market as well. I want a megaphone so I can shout to them "this will be over in 2 weeks, put down the last head of organic lettuce. You know it's just going to rot in your fridge anyway, you bastard!"

But I don't because I remember that I've only been doing the whole exercise/eat right thing for a few years anyway, and it seems I've mostly stuck to it, so mabe for some of them it's a turning point or something. At least I had the good sense to start in the summer and not with the rest of the crowd.

Last edited by marina; 01-03-2011 at 12:14 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #322 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26point2runner View Post
How is the new year going? One of the most common resolutions is to get in shape. Have you set any goals for the year?

Keep in mind that men achieved their goal 22% more often when they engaged in goal setting, (a system where small measurable goals are being set; such as, a pound a week, instead of saying "lose weight"), while women succeeded 10% more when they made their goals public and got support from their friends.
Hey dude do you have any other little tid bits like this? along the lines of: men are *blank%* more likely to succeed when *blank*
Old 01-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #323 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've been back on Starting Strength since semester ended. Should hit 300lb squat and 3 plate deadlift next week, assuming I don't fail linear progression. Currently doing nothing but gym, eat, poker, sleep. Steaks erryday, so recovery shouldn't be much of an issue.

And I finally earned an E in foil in November, so I'm looking toward getting a D soon and then hopefully a C later this year if I work hard.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:53 PM   #324 (permalink)

Does anyone have any recommendations for a balanced all-round muscle toning regime that can be done without equipment?

Edit: I realise I just asked for the one workout to rule them all, and everything being subjective such a workout doesn't exist, however any programs people have used with good all round results will do.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 01-06-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #325 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations for a balanced all-round muscle toning regime that can be done without equipment?

Edit: I realise I just asked for the one workout to rule them all, and everything being subjective such a workout doesn't exist, however any programs people have used with good all round results will do.
This isn't really no equipment, but surely you have space for a dumbbell:

Old 01-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #326 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
This isn't really no equipment, but surely you have space for a dumbbell:
I mean besides the obvious equipment like the one I keep in my front pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I feel like i shouldve seen this coming, If i wanted to practice jerking off livestock I would just go and jerk off livestock, I wouldnt need to dilute the experience with the Wank Weight

I think the wank weight should have an old school arcade game on the side of it like donkey kong or something, and if you beat a level a white flag should pop out of the end congratulating you.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 01-06-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #327 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Old 01-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #328 (permalink)

Thangers, good luck with your 1/2 IM training.

I just signed up for the Warrior Dash. It's going to be fuckin' awesome. I'm running a 50k the day before so this will be my "recovery" run.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:32 PM   #329 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Bumping this thread up... I know bw81 is my instagram fitness buddy, but figured we could get something going on the forums again..?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IG.JPG (85.1 KB, 6 views)
Nettie-poo likes this.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:39 PM   #330 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Been a couple of years guy, I'm assuming we've all accepted Brodin as our one true righteous savior and now wield the the much coveted abdominal "V" right?