Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-29-2006, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Am I smoking crack?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060528/...d_oil_vehicles

am i crazy or is this the end of the fuel crisis?

you can use existing technology and install a larger battery into a Prius, plug the son of a bitch in and go 78 miles on a gallon of fucking gas?

doesn't that cut out usage by a whole hell of a lot?

and don't give me that freedom to drive whatever we want shit; you raise the price of gas another 2 dollars and people will buy plug in cars in droves

"hello boss, i forgot to plug my car in last night, i'm gonna be a little late"

how long before most people can commute to and from work with battery power?

suck on it OPEC
---arcatacat
i'm pretty happy with my smooth rod...
---sketcherstud
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

you are smoking crack, dr. dan, but that has little to do with hybrid cars.

i wonder what the processing thing they hooked the prius up to is like, if it adds all the weight the larger batteries do to calculate the mileage, but it looks promising.

what i worry about is the strain this puts on the grid in the summer in places like nyc and los angeles, where they have scheduled and unscheduled outtages. old and sick people tend to die when the ac goes out in their 110 degree pad. can we provide enough energy to keep our homes cool and leave millions of these cars plugged in every night, or multiple times a day?

even if those cars arent the best solution, there are other, perhaps better solutions already out there that the article mentions. if china can build a dam that generates gigawatts of power, if a diesel engine can run on fry-fat with no complicated conversions, we can find something better than what we have now.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Wasn't there a thing a while ago where some German scientist figured out how to make fuel from garbage and dead animals?
Old 05-29-2006, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogy
you are smoking crack, dr. dan, but that has little to do with hybrid cars.

i wonder what the processing thing they hooked the prius up to is like, if it adds all the weight the larger batteries do to calculate the mileage, but it looks promising.

what i worry about is the strain this puts on the grid in the summer in places like nyc and los angeles, where they have scheduled and unscheduled outtages. old and sick people tend to die when the ac goes out in their 110 degree pad. can we provide enough energy to keep our homes cool and leave millions of these cars plugged in every night, or multiple times a day?

even if those cars arent the best solution, there are other, perhaps better solutions already out there that the article mentions. if china can build a dam that generates gigawatts of power, if a diesel engine can run on fry-fat with no complicated conversions, we can find something better than what we have now.
word it's exciting stuff

i mean you can pump the energy from cooking greese into the power grid or what if you had ways to process your own household biowaste into the batteries of your car? that would fucking rule
hook up your solar panels to batteries all day long and then put the charged pack into your car when you get home from work

maybe most days you don't go over 50 mph on the way to work but if you need to you got the gasoline(or pig fat o line) as back up

i never thought we'd really have alternatives to gasoline in my lifetime and it's giving me a woodrow just thinking about
Old 05-29-2006, 05:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

You can use fuel from ethanol which is made from various kinds of veggies and stalks and shit like that, other countries do it, but spooky's people (republicans) don't believe in global warming and whatnot so no steps are being taken to do anything about anything.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Wasn't there a thing a while ago where some German scientist figured out how to make fuel from garbage and dead animals?
no, that was Dr Emmett Brown, he wasnt german, and theres no proof that mrFusion worked or was the only thing powering the deLorean.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Potatoe_with_an_E
You can use fuel from ethanol which is made from various kinds of veggies and stalks and shit like that, other countries do it, but spooky's people (republicans) don't believe in global warming and whatnot so no steps are being taken to do anything about anything.
spookys people are pro business, we are in it to make money, honey. if the people want eco friendly and are willing to pony up cash, we will provide. as long as you want cheapest, thats what youre gonna get, blame yourself for having the loyalty of an alley cat in heat. we arent going to bend over backwards to harm the environment just because we can.

and so what if global warming happens over the next few hundred years. the planets fluctuated far more in the past without the aid of humans. it will when we are gone, too. and truth be told, american business (the only business us republicans really preside over) arent going to be what pushes the environment over the edge, its you consumers that want cheapest no matter what, and lots of third world countries are more than happy to damage the environment for a bigger market share.

mmm...kool aid.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 05-29-2006, 05:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

america has 5% of the worlds population and produces 25% of the world's pollution, and ethanol and other fuel efficient sources are alot cheaper. I could give a shit about big businesses, and the thing that pisses me off is not even the inaction it's the DENIAL that global warming is even happening. That's the equivalent of saying the holocaust never happened.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

By the way didn't you have a rant about how evil Subway is...
Old 05-29-2006, 06:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

republicans are anti science. this is the first year they will admit, in any numbers, that global warming is real. and even now, their attitude is to grin and say our scientists will find a solution while they did everything in their power to hinder them all the years before. regulations are anti business, after all.

it isnt conservative businesses pioneering eco friendly technology. its independent foundations unremitting determination to show that indeed humans are fucking the planet, not for people in the year 2300, but for our grandkids, kids, and many of the younger set on these forums.

it wasnt halliburton that warned us there is a dwindling, finite amount of oil. they are happy to keep drilling until the end, and then they will sell used drills. and then, out of need, they might work on alt energy sources.

it is human intervention that is screwing up the planet. thats for sure. on my first trip to nyc i thought something was burning when i got outside the airport. it was just the air in queens.

spooky, you seem like a pretty rational republican on other topics. this must be the one that determines your party afiliation.