Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree31Likes

Old 03-23-2020, 08:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Adding this cause i dont wanna edit. One nasty psych0olpogical side effect all this is doing to me is that i do not trust any good news from our governement anymore.

Yesterday the numbers were lower but my imm ediate and remaining reaction is "i doubt theyll stay like that". Thios situationb makes you depend on a flimsy beast and it triggered a horrible pessimism in my head. i am always there to help anyoen but my insides are almost permanently dire
Bucho likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I hear you Junk, and to be more clear when I say Italy reacted too slowly I'm talking about same slowness of the enacting of social distancing measures you are.

It's also the case that Italy has the "excuse" that they were one of the very first states outside China to be hit, so their underestimation of this virus' ability to transmit rapidly through a community and the extent to which it would ravage the community and overload medical services beyond breaking point was somewhat understandable.

I'm saying that now that Italy is the precedent for how wrong it can go for states outside of China, it's far, far less excusable for any state administration to fail to learn from that horrific lesson.
NotARegularMom likes this.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:59 AM   #13 (permalink)

agreee. i just had this bunch of stuff i needed to get out, sorry if it seemed polemic.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:34 AM   #14 (permalink)

I work in a grocery store. People come in with hazmat suits on and pay with cash. Cash! There were so many people in there last week panic-buying, that my guess is the damage has already been done. The New York times podcast, "The Daily", ep called "Why the American Approach is Failing" should be required listening.

I don't wear a mask but I wear gloves and wash my hands when I change them and I don't touch my face. (btw, ever notice how much your face itches when you're not supposed to touch it?). I use hand sanitizer on the gloves whenever I handle cash.

=Everyone= should be home, but I don't see that happening folks.

Ironically, the ones who are supposedly at most risk give the least fucks- old people.

Pretending this is nothing is arrogant denial. But acting like an asshole because you're terrified- but not terrified enough to not go shopping- ain't great either.
NotARegularMom likes this.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
I tried out the podcast Paul F Tompkins does with his wife.

In the first minutes she said, there will be no medication because there is nothing we can do against a virus.

I wanted to scream.

Have you heard of HIV/aids?
It used to be a death sentence and now normal life is possible for people with access to medicine of course.

It's a virus we found medication for.
Not a cure but something to keep the virus in check.
There will be medication.

When and how good we will see.
Was she thinking about antibiotics and just got really confused? They don't work against viruses, but as you say we have come up with other medicines and vaccines to fight viruses.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
from the Christians: the best way to trust God is to tempt fate.
I’m wondering how long they will last here. Some are still going to church so they can pray it away.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky2468 View Post
Was she thinking about antibiotics and just got really confused? They don't work against viruses, but as you say we have come up with other medicines and vaccines to fight viruses.
No she said there is nothing you can do against a virus.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Now I’ve read a Facebook discussion on a site of someone I met through KATG.
Had to unfriend him.

People there are claiming the numbers reported in America are way to high/ things aren’t so bad/ somehow the liberals are to blame and it’s time to open the country.

So they were basically way worse than Trump and what he is saying right now.
At least he doesn’t question the number of deaths. Wow. I guess thank you?
That was a surprise.
Lanfear likes this.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:08 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
Now I’ve read a Facebook discussion on a site of someone I met through KATG.
Had to unfriend him.

People there are claiming the numbers reported in America are way to high/ things aren’t so bad/ somehow the liberals are to blame and it’s time to open the country.
People like that are the third reason i deactivated my FB account (the first being the spreader of fake news, the second the hyper negative ones who no matter the situation seem to love to dash everyoine's hope and say variations of 'we will never get out of it).

The whole onslaught of "the virus is just another ploy by the libtards to ruin the economy", or repeat how they'd rather die of a disease than starve just put a dent in my opinion of people and now im only able to occasionally post here or talk to a couple of friends on whatsapp and my fiance on skype. I cant deal with anyone else, it only makes me nauseous and angry.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:48 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
People like that are the third reason i deactivated my FB account (the first being the spreader of fake news, the second the hyper negative ones who no matter the situation seem to love to dash everyoine's hope and say variations of 'we will never get out of it).

The whole onslaught of "the virus is just another ploy by the libtards to ruin the economy", or repeat how they'd rather die of a disease than starve just put a dent in my opinion of people and now im only able to occasionally post here or talk to a couple of friends on whatsapp and my fiance on skype. I cant deal with anyone else, it only makes me nauseous and angry.
I get that.
I just said ‘ I’m glad things are going so great for you in America, never mind!’
And than pushed ‘unfriend’

I don’t know if they have forgotten that the country isn’t run by any liberals now, and if even Trump is saying that it’s not great, maybe that’s a sign? If the president you love so much takes it more seriously?

I don’t argue with them.
Still I was pretty shocked by the amount of stupidity.
Lanfear likes this.