Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Which system do you prefer?
Xbox 360 42 57.53%
PS3 31 42.47%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2010, 07:02 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riles View Post
(cheaper to just download
Fuck you.

I'm a gamer; you're a thief.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Fuck you.

I'm a gamer; you're a thief.
My Steam account would show that I've bought many games, so fuck off with your lectures douchebag.

Thanks to everyone for your input. I'm probably going end up getting whatever a majority of my friends have, as then I can borrow games. Oh, but I can't do that because then I'd be stealing, right Cretaceous? I'm guessing you've only paid $60 for every game you've played? Because you're a TRUE gamer?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #13 (permalink)

I've only got the 360... also a Wii by extension, but that doesn't count (I mean the system).

I was a pretty early adopter of the 360 mainly because of bunch of my buddies were getting one. Good thing too because I've never looked back - even with a few RRODs.

At this point, both systems are great. Both have huge back-catalogues of multi-platforms and console exclusives. Both are relatively inexpensive as compared to each other. Both have new control peripherals coming out soon if you REALLY want to drop some cash on that shit. And now (apparently) both are stable/reliable systems that if bought now should easily last you until the next gen of consoles comes out - and likely a lot longer.

I'd say go with what your buddies most have first if you're into online gaming. As much as everyone loves to shit on the XBL community, I've played on both and BOTH are shit without friends. If you're not into online, go for whatever system has the games you would like to play the most. 360: Mass Effect, Halo (shit, but have to mention it), Gears of War, Alan Wake? PS3: God of War, Heavy Rain, Killzone, etc...

Good luck dude. I guarantee you'll be happy either way.

Go Canada!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riles View Post
My Steam account would show that I've bought many games, so fuck off with your lectures douchebag.
See? You try to protest, but there's the facts. You couldn't even say that you've bought the majority of games you've played. Instead, all you can say is that you've bought many. You can't even say that you aren't a thief. The one assertion I made stands unchallenged.

I buy every game I enjoy and I do not ever play a game unless by fair means. I have never played a downloaded game. I buy games I borrowed and enjoyed. Even games I rented and completely finished in the rental period; I bought the game anyway.

Borrowing a physical disc isn't the same as fucking downloading something. Only somebody who has never in their life put any effort whatsoever into a worthwhile creative effort could say such a vastly stupid thing.

You can try to be indignant, but watching you dance around your own words makes you even more absurd. You are willing to be a thief, but not a liar?

I came into this thread fully willing to give advice on the matter, but I'm not about to help a fucking thief.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

God damn Bob. You're such a self-righteous prick when it comes to pirating shit. lol I've seen you plenty times shit on people who download music, movies, games....just stfu.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
See? You try to protest, but there's the facts. You couldn't even say that you've bought the majority of games you've played. Instead, all you can say is that you've bought many. You can't even say that you aren't a thief. The one assertion I made stands unchallenged.

I buy every game I enjoy and I do not ever play a game unless by fair means. I have never played a downloaded game. I buy games I borrowed and enjoyed. Even games I rented and completely finished in the rental period; I bought the game anyway.

Borrowing a physical disc isn't the same as fucking downloading something. Only somebody who has never in their life put any effort whatsoever into a worthwhile creative effort could say such a vastly stupid thing.

You can try to be indignant, but watching you dance around your own words makes you even more absurd. You are willing to be a thief, but not a liar?

I came into this thread fully willing to give advice on the matter, but I'm not about to help a fucking thief.

You are a bagdouche, and the band I'm guessing you're in is terrible.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

I have a PS3 and it is hit and miss about the media center settings. I have to go the long way around to stream from my computer. Also, with my Visio tv (yeah yeah, I know) the sound gets crackly while playing videos after about an hour. Game audio is fine, but it gets annoying since I watch a lot of shows on it. On the other hand, Netflix is great on it. You can get bluray discs from Netflix, also. The games are very fun, and the only is free.

On the other side, I have a friend who has had to buy 3 xbox 360s because of red rings of death, and the xbox he has currently will only read discs sometimes. There are good games on both, but there are more multiplayer games on xbox.

Overall, I say you should get a ps3, but I was an anime nerd in high school.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #18 (permalink)

Not only do I download movies and music. I also download cars.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #19 (permalink)

I'm not some gamer douchbag who's put his life and self worth into what plastic box he has under his TV.

With that said I enjoy the 360, and haven't found a reason to complain. (I love complaining) The game titles are pretty good too, there isn't a game I want to play that I can't buy for the 360.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Oh nooo! What ever will we do now?!?!