Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Which system do you prefer?
Xbox 360 42 57.53%
PS3 31 42.47%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
Don't get me wrong Bob, I'm not shitting on your behavior as far as always buying every song/album you listen to, every game you've ever played...that's quite commendable.

But constantly mentioning it, shitting on everyone for downloading this and that and acting high and mighty...that's what makes you a deuchebag. I'm sure you've NEVER DONE ANYTHING WRONG in your life...for you to act like we're all fucking Hitlers here for downloading the new Radiohead album or getting some N64 emulators off piratebay.
People who pirate but ADMIT that's its wrong don't bother me as much. Look back at all of my posts: I never turn super-douche on pirates who know they're in the wrong. But I can smell defensive, arrogant, insipid turds who defend their thievery, as I have demonstrated here, and I will always announce my disdain for them.

It's preposterous to say something wrong can be made right simply because other wrongs have been done. I've committed wrongs, but the fact that I've done them doesn't make them any less wrong. I know shame and remorse for the times I have not been of fair and ethical behavior, and I would never defend those actions.

If you downloaded the new Radiohead album and know it's wrong, I'm disappointed and I wish you wouldn't, but I won't be a dick to you if you acknowledge you're in the wrong.

If you downloaded the new Radiohead album and justify it by saying everyone does wrong, so don't bust your thieving balls about it, then I'm going to be a douche.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #32 (permalink)

Ok, so you've managed to turn a simple xbox vs ps3 thread into a whole ethical/moral debate. Good for you, you got the attention you wanted. Now fuck off. What gives you the right to be a dick to anybody and justify it?

I don't trust anyone who has a mullet.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #33 (permalink)

I pirate a lot of things, but I don't pirate 360/ps3/wii games.

I don't know why that's the exception for me, but it is.

That said, my 360 is a 10 out of 10 for play time. I haven't played a game on my PS3 (not for lack of options, mind you) in months. The last time was a jaunt on Heavy Rain, I think. I've got a few others, but I just don't have a huge desire to flip it on and play it.

The 360 is an every day thing, as sad as I realize that sounds. It's my social connection to my friends. If I know someone who is just watching a movie while I'm playing something that doesn't take 100% of my brian capacity (Peggle maybe?) I can talk with them while they play or do something else. I can have multiple friends in the room and chat at the same time. Yes, I paid $5ish/month for the privledge, but I believe it is worth twice that price.

The PS3 offers me nothing in the realm of social features that comes close to that, almost no one uses a headset while playing the damn thing, and you can't get a standard headset for the system itself, you have to hope and pray the piece of crap bluetooth headset you own will work.

As for the games, they are interchangable. Although I don't have a single PS3 exclusive outside of God of War that makes my PS3 a must-own.

On the 360 I can think of multiple ones, Gears and Mass Effect are the main ones....

SO to make a long story short, 360 > PS3.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
People who pirate but ADMIT that's its wrong don't bother me as much. Look back at all of my posts: I never turn super-douche on pirates who know they're in the wrong. But I can smell defensive, arrogant, insipid turds who defend their thievery, as I have demonstrated here, and I will always announce my disdain for them.

It's preposterous to say something wrong can be made right simply because other wrongs have been done. I've committed wrongs, but the fact that I've done them doesn't make them any less wrong. I know shame and remorse for the times I have not been of fair and ethical behavior, and I would never defend those actions.

If you downloaded the new Radiohead album and know it's wrong, I'm disappointed and I wish you wouldn't, but I won't be a dick to you if you acknowledge you're in the wrong.

If you downloaded the new Radiohead album and justify it by saying everyone does wrong, so don't bust your thieving balls about it, then I'm going to be a douche.

Just for info, thieves suck, but Radiohead released their last album by themselves and gave it away for FREE to their fans on their website and let their fans decide what they wanted to donate (similar to what Katg do). Radiohead actually made more money doing it this way than they had off any other album they've ever released.

So please use any other semi popular band as a reference to your point, but
Radiohead is not the best example.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #35 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I didn't really have a chance to properly use an Xbox until this week, but have been using a PS3 for years. I'm primarily a computer gamer, and I imagine will stay this way until the consoles become my only choice, but if I had to choose, I'd buy a PS3 any day of the week. It's mainly the exclusives that do it for me. God of War is amazing, Little Big Planet gets better everytime you play it, and I've heard great things about Uncharted. I tried to play Halo, I really did, but I just can't do a FPS on a console. And Mass Effect was available on PC so that was a no-brainer.

The only thing that Xbox has over PS3 for me is the arcade/old N64 games. My friend brought his Xbox over for the week and I bought and downloaded Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie. It's been so much fun reliving my childhood. I'd love to be able to play them again when he goes back home but I just can't justify buying an Xbox just for those games.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Hmm...I defend my "thievery," but I know it's wrong. And I know that makes me a hypocrite, but I rather be a hypocrite with a nice song selection. What I'm doing is wrong, but I couldn't afford more than 2 albums a month and I just like music too much to limit myself in that way. I won't go into trying to defend my actions...that's not the point of this thread, nor really the point of our argument...since it was really just, you being a deuche, me saying you're a deuche, you defending your deuchery, and now me to an extent accepting your deuchery.

Anyway...I see your point...but still...you don't have to be such a hard ass on people. Especially so unannounced...if it were a thread on the topic of pirating than sure...but just seems unnecessarily rude to hop in and say "you're a thief" it would be like me hopping into a Christian chatroom and saying "LOL GOD ISN'T REAL" (Which I've done....damn.)

And to Diglass...the Radiohead example was mine, not Bob's...I'm aware In Rainbows was free...I downloaded it off their site when it came out and later donated $5. Radiohead was just the first band that came to mind.

And to make this post at least somewhat thread-relevant.

FUCK YEAH PS3
(Oh, and, I don't really pirate games much...at most I've pirated 4 games. A Civilization game that I had bought previously but lost, Audiosurf which I downloaded to see if I'd want to buy, and I did, so I deleted it and bought it off Steam, and probably about two other games a few years ago that I checked to see if they were good enough to buy, and they weren't so I deleted them quickly.)

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club
Old 07-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riles View Post
Thanks again everyone, but I went against the poll and ended up going with a PS3. I have more friends with that system, and I prefer Uncharted to Gears. If anyone here plays SSFIV on there, let me know!
Hey mate was all ready to talk up the PS3 but see you have already decided. Nice choice I think overall PS3 is better for me, although 360 does have some a couple of things I envy like Left for Dead and yes the old N64 games.

Anyway feel free to add me my PSN name NZHippo. Don't have SSFIV but have pletny of other games, mainly playing Bad Company 2 at the mo. Also recently finished Uncharted 2 and would highly reccomend that game (aswell as Uncharted 1 of course)

Anyone else from KATG feel free to add me also.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #38 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diglass View Post
Radiohead actually made more money doing it this way than they had off any other album they've ever released.
no they they didnt
Old 07-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
no they they didnt
Yeah, OK Computer made more sales.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
no they they didnt
Yes, Ok Computer had more sales (agreeing with Dude). BUT I'm pretty sure I said they made more money off this album than any other album, because they recorded it and produced it themselves under their own label.

Which means they received all of the proceeds from the album instead of the Label giving them a small percentage of the album like what happened with Ok Computer.

Sorry if I repeated any of what DUDeETIB had said previously.

and Sorry for continuing the threadjack.

I'm a xbox 360 newb, had one for about a year, and had a xbox live account for about 5-6 months. I love it RDR, Fallout 3, GOW2, Both Bioshocks, CODmw's, Alan Wake, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Deadspace..... plenty more good times my fiance loved Fable 2 and Mass Effect 2