Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-07-2006, 11:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Yellow Pages Sales

Anyone currently doing this?

I'm thinking of taking a step w/ that company in their outside sales Department... Anyone clue me in?

P.S. I know I always put these dumb posts up that are not relevant to the show or forums. But This a great place to ask such questions, and I posted it under Talk Shite!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy
What is this? In other words what is Yellow Page Sales?
? I thought it was obvious. Selling advertising spots in the yellow pages to businesses? Or am I wrong?
Old 08-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
No it isn't obvious to me, but I think Yellow Pages days are numbered and they are struggling to find new ways to generate income so I'm kinda curious to know what is involved.
I see. Actually, for my work, about 60% of our business comes from the Yellow Pages. It's construction, but I think a lot of people still use the Yellow Pages for a lot of things.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
So you work for Aardvark construction?

BTW, you bitch about building houses close to the Golf course and your in construction?
Hahahaha! Yes! They can build them somewhere else. It's retarded to think that a window isn't going to get smashed. And then, when it does, it's not covered by insurance and it's the golfer's responsibility to replace the window. Fuck that!
Old 08-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe
? I thought it was obvious. Selling advertising spots in the yellow pages to businesses? Or am I wrong?

CORRECT!
Old 08-07-2006, 02:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deznice
Anyone currently doing this?

I'm thinking of taking a step w/ that company in their outside sales Department... Anyone clue me in?

P.S. I know I always put these dumb posts up that are not relevant to the show or forums. But This a great place to ask such questions, and I posted it under Talk Shite!
All I know is, we have had a new Yellow Page sales person every year for at least the last 10 years. That's gotta be a red flag.

While not directly relevant to your question, the YPs seem to have gone from being a directory of useful information to just a vehicle to sell more and bigger ads. As a customer, it's getting hard to find someone's number among all the crap and clutter. Annoying. I find myself looking up numbers online more and more.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintman
All I know is, we have had a new Yellow Page sales person every year for at least the last 10 years. That's gotta be a red flag.

While not directly relevant to your question, the YPs seem to have gone from being a directory of useful information to just a vehicle to sell more and bigger ads. As a customer, it's getting hard to find someone's number among all the crap and clutter. Annoying. I find myself looking up numbers online more and more.
The only time I find the Yellow Pages useful is when I have no idea what I'm looking for. I usually know who I'm gonna call and use the business white pages.