Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums The Brother Love Owwwr!

The Brother Love Owwwr! Brolo's show

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Enunciated Piffle
  • 1 Post By Dean from Australia
  • 2 Post By Scumhook
  • 1 Post By Dean from Australia
  • 2 Post By BrotherLove

Old 10-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

34: Books Don't Hug

Polina's back, baby! She knows tings…

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0244-Edit-2_small.jpg (267.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Oh-Land-Renaissance-Girls-Radio-Rip.jpg (345.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg SantasPub-Nashville.jpg (122.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Tyra15-CindyCrawford.jpg (81.4 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by Marisela; 10-04-2013 at 11:11 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Fashion, Guns, and Safety

"Clothes make the man" Very true. So I get what Polina does. It feels like artists like to wear what is comfortable. Just whatever. However, in entertainment it's important to look your best and as cliché as it might sound; you gots to look cool, baby!

I had a real problem with the way I dressed. It wasn't until the 3rd or 4th woman told me to quit wearing drab green. I really like earthy colors like green, dark green, light brown, and what I was lovingly told 'shit brown.' ha fucking ha. It wasn't until an ex of mine sat me down and was like, "Dude. You gotta change up your color scheme. You have blue eyes. Buy some blue t-shirts or something."

If you are a man and you are trying to get laid, ask your female friends what they like. Ask women questions. They are the keepers and they will happily tell you. If you are not getting complimented; you are doing something wrong.

Here are some gun range tips:

1) Always set the rifle or hand gun down on the range tables with the barrels pointing towards the target board. They should always be empty when not in use. Always on safety.

2) Pretty much as long as you are aware of where the barrel is pointing: you're good. It's sometimes tricky to load certain guns. Make sure your not waving them around when loading.

3) In my experience, it's ok to get your head straight with the herbals before going to range. Drinking and guns don't mix. Make sure you're fully in control.

4) Never stand to the immediate left of a shooter. Especially with semi-automatic guns. The shells eject super quick and fly all over. You'd be amazed and you will get popped in the head with shell casings!

Guns are a technology that isn't going anywhere - any time soon. Rather than ban them, (an impossibility) everyone should know gun safety. It's important. Also, a lot of fun.
BrotherLove likes this.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Very nice to hear Polina on the show talking about her work. It's clear she has a great love for what she's doing. I have become a fan of her blog. There is a lot that is applicable there to the men among us.

I have struggled with my sense of fashion and freely admit that a lack of confidence is the root cause of it. While my fashion choices aren't "out there" - they aren't "out there" - I'm reluctant to take risks. When I do though, I am glad I made them.
BrotherLove likes this.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
I have struggled with my sense of fashion and freely admit that a lack of confidence is the root cause of it. While my fashion choices aren't "out there" - they aren't "out there" - I'm reluctant to take risks. When I do though, I am glad I made them.
A great place to get fashion help is in the 2013 KATG Sexiest Man comp.

Get your fucking arse in there now!!!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
While my fashion choices aren't "out there" - they aren't "out there"
Nicely worded. I feel the same about my own 'fashion sense.' It's still runs somewhere between hobo and hunter. A mixture of awful old camo pants, (that are super comfy and have all my pockets for hiking, disc golfing, etc) but are not exactly getting the ladies wet, ya know?

It's good to change it up. Especially if single, or job hunting, or anything really.
BrotherLove likes this.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

To the aspiring author Brolo and Polina talked about - get set for the hard reality that the least supportive people in your circle of people are going to be those who you are closest to. I think your husband is already indicating that he has a limit on his support of you and your writing and there is going to be a shatter point to that support.

You really need to work this out now. If you have doubts about your want to have a baby, then that is a huge deal - a potentially life changing deal.

Be aware also, that you are about to embark on one of the most soul destroying endeavours you can ever imagine. Agents are not going to be falling over themselves to sign you and your first book. Prepare yourself for rejection after rejection after rejection and then once you have gotten those dozens upon dozens of rejections - be prepared for a dozen more. Take it from me - I trod that path and I allowed myself to be destroyed by it, long before I broke through.

Of course, you could well be that good and you may well get an agent and a publishing deal straight up. If that is the case, then awesome. Just prepare yourself for a little something that I like to call "the Suck".
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 10-06-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

The old man with the hat in show pics looks like Baby Gramps. (singer song writer)
BrotherLove likes this.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
The old man with the hat in show pics looks like Baby Gramps. (singer song writer)
I'll take your word for it...
Old 10-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll take your word for it...
Naw...I just say cuz...There's this great old hippie folk singer who I saw in 2008 at Oregon Country Fair who looks like 'Baby Gramps'

Who is this dude seriously??
Old 10-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Administrator

THAT is SANTA!
He Serves Cold Beer!