Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums The Brother Love Owwwr!

The Brother Love Owwwr! Brolo's show

Like Tree11Likes

Old 12-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

42: Holidayzzz

'Tis the season for Love.

Letters from the fans:
Dear Brolo,
Loving your advice! I find myself nodding in agreement when you're answering people's questions. I have also found your advice for other people to be a help for ME even if I don't share the specific issue. You're definitely helping see people's perspectives and I'm learning how to relate better to people in general.
I want to get your opinion on my issue to see if it's a real problem or if I'm just being a baby:
I joined a baseball team. We play for fun against other people in the league. I'm having a great time with it! It's definitely one of the main highlights of my week.
My problem is that my boyfriend, of two years, never comes to see my games. I've asked if he wanted to come with me and he said he's not into playing baseball. When I clarified that I meant just to watch the game, he said "sure". But he hasn't come. I know that the games are not important because it's just my hobby. And I can see why watching amateurs play baseball can be boring but it would feel sweet to me if he came to support. Am I being a baby? Should I leave him out of this?
Many thanks to your show!!! VIP FOR LIFE!
Jackie
Hey Brother Love it elvis's lil girl AKA savannah ill start off with umm when my brother wrote and you had read theletter and talked about it on ur show the whole time through that whole episode i cried and i love the nickname darlin thank you. Well since i broke up with my ex the one that used me iv been depressed and think all of this is my fault i keep think i deserved all of this im at the point of giving up and letting my illness take over im 19 almost 20 and forthe past 8 year my health has just gotten worse and every day i think why me why do i have to be the one to have this what did i do wrong in my life. is there any way you can help me so i wont be depressed any more and move on andget stronger with my health. I love your show and so glad to have your advice.
Love Darlin

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bnb3_1091484265.jpg (24.3 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg cb0978766f82d55860fd4a89c838bce8.jpg (32.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg r.gilley384-640x426.jpg (45.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg rolling-stones-some-girls.jpg (58.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg some-girls-60.jpg (109.9 KB, 43 views)
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

"Stay sick. Don't get well." -- The Mountain Goats (shut up.)

Last edited by Marisela; 12-13-2013 at 02:12 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Dear Brolo,

This episode broke my heart. I have heard you talk about the women you've pursued, and you always seemed to address them with love and respect. You usually bring the same attitude to your show.

In response to Jackie's letter, some of your comments about women's sports were just heartbreaking. To say that women's sports are "less than" men's is just as sad as saying women cannot do a job as well as a man. Saying the only way it's entertainment is that when like to dress cute or send is offensive. A person exerting themselves to win a game is impressive. But saying you cannot enjoy watching it because all of the players are women is not cool at all. I'm trying so hard to avoid the word sexist, but I can't honesty see a way around it.

Jackie, I think your boyfriend should support your athletic endeavors. Your hobbies are worth his time and attention.

Frog
BrotherLove likes this.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

What female team sporting events are your favorite, frog?
Old 12-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

roller derby and soccer.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Now we're talking!

Take up roller derby, Jackie.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

LOL! That 'Larry vs Larry skit' was pure he-Larr-o-tee!

Also, congrats on the Stones 'Some Girls' vinyl. I need to get that one. It's just a perfect example of why vinyl albums are so cool and fun to look at. That song 'Shattered' was the 1st song I ever heard. I had it on cassette tape. I'd rewind it over and over. That song STILL blows my mind and shakes my genitalia; every time I hear it!

Gotta have good brakes for mountain driving. I like this redneck Larry. Very wise.

ROCK OOOOWWNNNNNNNNN !!!!!
BrotherLove likes this.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

For Savanah Darlin'

Much KATG love to Savanah.

No one deserves to suffer. Not from a health ailment. Not from an injustice. Not from any painful thing in life. No one knows why this realm is so full of pain, but you know, it never does any good to dwell on it - suffering even more.

I hope that you find a way to keep your mind in a positive place. Where it belongs.

Stay Up. Stay Positive. Much Love.

EP
BrotherLove likes this.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Hey Frog -
Polina will be on this weeks show -

We'll get to the bottom of this

All my sexy and NOT sexist love
Brolo
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

There is a difference between 'being a woman hating, uncaring, misogynistic douchebag male, AND a guy who is asked to respond honestly about what men think and feel. Methinks.
BrotherLove likes this.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
There is a difference between 'being a woman hating, uncaring, misogynistic douchebag male, AND a guy who is asked to respond honestly about what men think and feel. Methinks.
Why did you write the above and then delete it?

This is the last warning.