Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Keith judgmental when it comes to drugs?
Yes 33 64.71%
No 18 35.29%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree84Likes

Old 04-08-2014, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1956: High Horse

with Carmen Lynch

With Carmen Lynch - NYC vermin, David Letterman retires, John Pinette dies, Keith gets out of control at a WrestleMania party, James Franco admits to trying to sex a 17-year-old, Chris Martin cheated on Gwyneth Paltrow and vice-versa, the addictiveness of weed

Share this episode: High Horse (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

I haven't noticed pot smoking effect Chemda on the daily KATG show, but I did during the last marathon. I turned off whenever Chemda was stoned on air as the quality dropped and the speech slowed and you're already flighty enough from sleep deprivation without that on top.

I'm addicted and have been for 15 years, which sucks only because my tolerance is so high now that I don't really get bombed anymore. The only break I had in that time was when I went overseas. I was surprised that there was no withdrawal when I didn't have the option to get it at all. If I'm at home and going to run out I'd panic like a heroin addict.

I started smoking because it helped me sleep. Since I was a teenager I haven't slept well, waking up every 3 to 6 hours. I really like that it calms your dreams down or completely stops them. Whenever I tried to quit the dreams would come back full on and make sleep more annoying again.

I can't even tell if Pot has affected me as that would have been to gradual for me to notice. I was already not energetic and didn't want to leave the house before I started. I felt like I just found the drug that matched my lifestyle.

I've taken everything at least once. I'm like Chemda, cautious and researched but I wonder if that's backfired. Maybe it would have been better to go hard, bottom out and have to quit instead of being able to maintain a level? The only difference is now I'm older it's too awkward to ask kids to score for me so we'll only have a harder treat once or twice a year now.

Anyway, if you're a tripper of any kind check out the link in my sig. Me and a mate made music especially for when you're on psychedelics like LSD, Shrooms and Nitrous.

https://myspace.com/almostapathy/music/albums
Old 04-08-2014, 06:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Weed

Great show guys - but I had one burning question: I noticed Keith say he's noticed people get dumber from weed but didn't directly mention if he thought Chemda has had that same effect from it.

I ask because I have noticed in the daily shows for at least the past year that Chemda is not on top of things as she usually is. Chemda has always had a great sense of humor and I've always seen her as very sharp and able to keep up with any comedian. But lately, I notice that Chemda loses track of conversations, starts sentences without necessarily having a complete thought in mind, and sometimes states things that are just non-sequitor. I've seen it happen to the point where Keith gets annoyed, cuts her off and makes a quick joke and moves on to dissipate the awkward derailment of the conversation. I wanted to post this before but I didn't want it to come off as mean and I couldn't tell if it was because Chemda is smoking more weed or if she's monitoring several things at once during the show and occasionally becomes distracted from the conversation at hand - however she never really had this problem before and now Danny is available to help out with side things during the show so I'm not sure.

It is important to note that there are several difference between what Danny is on and what chemda is using. Antidepressants aren't simply correcting chemicals in your brain - they start a signaling cascade that actually causes an alterations in genes coding for brain growth - primarily Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF). There have been imaging studies showing a decrease in volume in certain parts of brains of patients with depression that actually replenish in volume with treatment of antidepressants. If it was all about switching chemicals in your brain, you would feel the effects within 4-6 hours. However, it takes 4 to 6 weeks to actually get the antidepressant effects.

Anyway, Chemda, you're awesome and I've always been a fan - I think if you listened to several of the past episodes you might notice the pattern I mentioned. Once again, I have no idea what's going on in the studio so you may just be distracted and I could be totally wrong - but I wonder if weed is contributing to it.
adrian and PastaFace like this.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Potheads

What Keith was describing as addiction, and addicting substances can be applied to literally everything.

A drug is defined as a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.

Can this be applied to food? Yes... Soda?... Yes! Alcohol! Definitely! Coffee? Absolutely. Mushrooms? Acid? Heroin? all yes.

The difference between these is how much harm they are doing to you. Most food does not cause harm. Sugar does... still eating sugar?

Too much coffee is extremely harmful, could lead to death! Too much alcohol... well we all know that.

Too much weed? A lot of sleep. On a scale, weed is quite possibly the least harmful "drug" in general, (let alone illegal).

There is a difference between being addicted to a drug, and USING the drug to escape your problems... which isn't good no matter what you are using to escape.

I believe there is a huge difference between using marijuana, and being a pothead... just like having a glass of wine every night, and being an alcoholic or drunk.

I have felt addiction.... this isn't it. I'm only speaking for myself, but the good it does for me FAR outweighs the tiny possibility of harm. (Mostly in my lungs... which is why I use a vape)
JSZilla and GreeningOA like this.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-mizzy View Post
Great show guys - but I had one burning question: I noticed Keith say he's noticed people get dumber from weed but didn't directly mention if he thought Chemda has had that same effect from it.

I ask because I have noticed in the daily shows for at least the past year that Chemda is not on top of things as she usually is. Chemda has always had a great sense of humor and I've always seen her as very sharp and able to keep up with any comedian. But lately, I notice that Chemda loses track of conversations, starts sentences without necessarily having a complete thought in mind, and sometimes states things that are just non-sequitor. I've seen it happen to the point where Keith gets annoyed, cuts her off and makes a quick joke and moves on to dissipate the awkward derailment of the conversation. I wanted to post this before but I didn't want it to come off as mean and I couldn't tell if it was because Chemda is smoking more weed or if she's monitoring several things at once during the show and occasionally becomes distracted from the conversation at hand - however she never really had this problem before and now Danny is available to help out with side things during the show so I'm not sure.

It is important to note that there are several difference between what Danny is on and what chemda is using. Antidepressants aren't simply correcting chemicals in your brain - they start a signaling cascade that actually causes an alterations in genes coding for brain growth - primarily Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF). There have been imaging studies showing a decrease in volume in certain parts of brains of patients with depression that actually replenish in volume with treatment of antidepressants. If it was all about switching chemicals in your brain, you would feel the effects within 4-6 hours. However, it takes 4 to 6 weeks to actually get the antidepressant effects.

Anyway, Chemda, you're awesome and I've always been a fan - I think if you listened to several of the past episodes you might notice the pattern I mentioned. Once again, I have no idea what's going on in the studio so you may just be distracted and I could be totally wrong - but I wonder if weed is contributing to it.
I have not been smoking for the past 9 months so according to you I should be more on my game now since I had been smoking 15 years prior to that. Interestingly however I have not noticed ANY sign of Chemda being off her game. It seems like YOU O-mizzy should be looking at yourself. Perhaps if you have a problem with weed you should stop smoking before judging others.

Last edited by GreeningOA; 04-08-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

I think that Keith is only being honest, drugs are bad. They're fun but they're bad and its the people who go on and go about how its not damaging or is good for you are the ones you roll your eyes at and go "ok, ok, sure" because they're full of shit. You're trying to hard to protect this thing from judgment but it kind of only makes you be more judged because you come off weird. I'm trying to quit smoking and currently go between ecigs and "real" cigs and I'll be the first to admit ita a disgusting habit. You can judge me for smoking and I'll agree that its terrible and gross and pointless. I feel like a lot of potheads can't do this.

I'm curious as to why Keith thinks he doesn't have a problem with alcohol. I know he stopped when he was in the hospital, so its possible, but do you, Keith, think that there's nothing wrong with drinking as much or as often as you do? Maybe you're a functioning alcoholic? I know I sometimes have considered myself to be one because I drink a lot but it has never interfered with my job or responsibilities. But! I know that if I felt like drinking and had nothing but tequila available, I wouldn't drink because I don't like tequila. So am I really an addict because I can be choosy about it?
flerchin and PastaFace like this.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Iheartnihilism ... I am curious what your experience with pot has been? Are you talking from experience or based on why you've been taught?

Quote: originally posted by Mr Mackey
"Drugs are bad MKAY"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh7l8dx-h8M

Last edited by GreeningOA; 04-08-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartnihilism View Post
I think that Keith is only being honest, drugs are bad. They're fun but they're bad and its the people who go on and go about how its not damaging or is good for you are the ones you roll your eyes at and go "ok, ok, sure" because they're full of shit.
I'd like to know what is bad about Marijuana. Other than smoke, which can be prevented with Vaporizer, edibles, or even pills.

Did you know the main reason weed was made illegal in the first place is because it makes white women want to sleep with black men? It is literally on the books. That and it makes you murder while laughing hysterically.
GreeningOA likes this.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

We get it. You like weed and you're high functioning smokers. You fucking stoners are impossible to talk to.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
We get it. You like weed and you're high functioning smokers. You fucking stoners are impossible to talk to.
I'm not being talked to, I'm being talked at. Drugs are bad?

I still am not getting from anyone any reason it is harmful.