Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: These rabbis are sucking the blood from these babies' penises...
It's their religion, and it's their right. 3 4.48%
WHAT THE FUCK?! 64 95.52%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

Old 07-24-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2020: Pretty Pretty

With Carmen Lynch and Liz Miele – 50 Shades of Grey is a movie; Keith’s aunt dies; Bigfoot isn’t real; USPS; sexual harassment and Chemda witnesses a man punch, kick, and choke a woman; Insane Clown Posse is sued for sexual harassment; NFL’s Justin Black’s suspension continues and Ray Rice misses 2 games for beating his wife; 16 babies in NYC have herpes because of Jewish circumcisions; “Weird Al” Yankovic reaches #1 on Billboard

Guests:
Carmen Lynch

Liz Miele

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 07-26-2014 at 12:11 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Great show to round out the week guys!

I'm sorry to hear your loss of your aunt/godmother Keith.

I understand not everyone can see the benefits from marijuana use (whether anything is wrong with that person or not), but the standard the NFL is setting with these decisions for future offenses is not a good one. Indefinite suspension for pot use but only a 2 game suspension for beating and dragging his wife out of an elevator? That's too bad. Just like how the NBA set an example for their intolerance on racism, the NFL could've used this incident to publicly denounce domestic battery. But unfortunately, I'm not surprised that they handled both situations the way they did. And fuck that team that tweeted his wife is sorry for her role in it. Victim blaming in its finest.

Coming from someone who has a family member going through chemo treatments right now, I can tell you that weed has helped her a whole hell of a lot more than the nausea pills she has been prescribed to lessen the wave of nausea she gets while taking her chemo medication. Yet, the reality that she could be still thrown into jail at any moment, regardless of her reasoning, is a very real concern for us considering the state we reside in. (Just like this unfortunate cancer patient in trouble: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5572445)

I watched those videos from the girl who records her harassers and hands out cards and the things that those men were saying to her was just utterly appalling. No human being's purpose in this world is to exist solely for another person. I love my boyfriend very much and I've been with him since we were both in high school (8 yrs), but if he started treating me or any other woman the way these men were treating this lady, we wouldn't be continuing this relationship much longer. There's no excuse for people acting like assholes because they choose to have that attitude.

The article I read about this said one of the men was furious that she recorded him and put it on the internet because he looked like a complete fucktard trying to justify his "right" to catcall her. I love that this woman is doing this project. Not all women are uncomfortable with men catcalling them, but until we start wearing signs that either say "Harass my ass" or "Don't even try it", guys can't assume every woman is alright with being objectified in public and/or online. They also can't be surprised when a woman gets upset from his behavior. He assumed she either would be cool with it and take it as a compliment or that she'd be too scared to tell him to shove it up his ass.

Last edited by Tulipaloozi; 07-25-2014 at 09:17 AM. Reason: wrong wording
Old 07-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

As a gay man- and further, as a human being- I believe it is my obligation to help end the cat calls, creepy stares and unwanted sexual advances that women face on a daily basis.

To that end, I solemnly vow to enact the same behavior upon all straight men until they feel like pieces of meat so they learn that this is NOT OKAY.

Who's with me?
The Girl, Bucho and Lanfear like this.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

The thing is it won't start overwhelming right away, so we'll get confused thinking catcalling is a compliment.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

If, in the meantime, I pick up the occasional straight guy with low self-esteem... It's a win-win, right?
J. Canines likes this.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You'll pick someone up and get confused and become one of the assholes.

Uh oh...
Old 07-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Liz and Carmen were funny as always.
I respect that the blood sucking is part of their religion but they need to switch to using an eye dropper.

If your parents never taught you how to behave in public then how are you expected to know better. Or if you're fine alone but your friends are with you then one doesn't want to look less cool in front of them.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
If your parents never taught you how to behave in public then how are you expected to know better. Or if you're fine alone but your friends are with you then one doesn't want to look less cool in front of them.

True, but there comes a time where you have to stop blaming your parents for how your life is going in the moment.

Sure, shitty parents definitely fuck kids up day in and day out, but with time and interactions with people who are kind and compassionate, they'll see that not everyone is like that and that they do have a choice concerning their behavior.

I grew up with a wonderful single mom and a dad who valued meth over spending time with his two daughters. For the longest time when I was younger, I would get so upset when he wouldn't show up (again) for his weekend with us and I always thought it was something I did.

It wasn't until 2 years ago when I was able to finally sit down with him and talk to him about how him not being in my life has affected me and I was able to finally find closure with the situation. I could see and hear the remorse and guilt in his voice as he talked to me about it.

But I feel going through that situation has helped me realize what type of partner I want to settle down with and it's made me a better person for it.

All situations are different for sure. But no matter the shitty problems that someone has been through, they always have the option to learn and grow from it.

And regarding the friend situation presented above, I feel that's one of the bigger causes for harassment and why when one person in the group doesn't agree when it happens, they don't say anything against it because they value their peer's opinion over their own more so than the physical well-being of the person being bullied and harassed in my opinion.
WSEIII and J. Canines like this.

Last edited by Tulipaloozi; 07-25-2014 at 01:51 PM. Reason: hit reply too soon
Old 07-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
I respect that the blood sucking is part of their religion but they need to switch to using an eye dropper.
You respect it, but they need to stop doing it?
Old 07-25-2014, 03:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You'll pick someone up and get confused and become one of the assholes.

Uh oh...
I'm okay if I need to take one for the team.