Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you a hoarder?
Yes 11 18.64%
No 48 81.36%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree18Likes

Old 10-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2065: Designing Woman

With Betsy Helmuth – Working at Yogi’s; trailer homes; publishers ruining your book; classic interior design flaws; hoarding; Stephen Collins admits he might have blown his son; Gone Girl; Girls Gone Wild’s Joe Francis births twin girls

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

People attain U.S. citizenship in 3 ways:
  1. at birth by location (Jus soli - like Keith being born in the U.S.);
  2. at birth by blood (Jus sanguinis - like John McCain being born in Panama to U.S. citizen parents); or
  3. by naturalization through immigration services (like Chemda).
If Wikipedia is to be believed, Joe Francis was born in Atlanta and grew up in the U.S., therefore his twin daughters were naturally born U.S. citizens by blood. The current law says that a U.S. citizen parent that lived in the U.S. for five years, two of which were after the age of 14, transmits citizenship at birth to their child. Joe has at least five years of footage of himself over age 14 in bars with drunk women, so he can easily prove that.

Two of my three kids were born in Ukraine, but both are naturally born citizens because I lived in the U.S. until I was 20, and I could show 4 years of high school and 2 years of college transcripts to prove I was present 6 years in the U.S., at least two of which were after age 14. So, despite being born outside U.S. territory, my children can be U.S. Presidents.

This law is also the reason I can't stand the "birther" argument against Obama. If Obama had been born after November 29 instead of August 6, 1961, there would be no debate. Obama's mother was born August 29, 1942, and Obama was born on August 6, 1961, when his mother was 18 years, 9 months, and three weeks old. Under the current law, even if Obama was born in Kenya, he still would have been a naturally born U.S. citizen. The law at the time was that you had to live 10 years in the U.S., five after age 14, to pass citizenship to children. At the time, Obama's mother missed that mark only by 2.25 months.
EdwardA likes this.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:21 AM   #3 (permalink)

Betsy was fucking fantastic!!

Who knew that an interior designer could be so magical? Funny, quick and whimsically charming; her wit was matched only by her horror of the studio's decor.

The show happily rambled from topic to topic, covering Betsy's past & present, cHemmo's hoarding, Keith marrying a Kardashian, NYC furniture transferal, and on and on through an audible festival of joy.

Wonderful ep. Fucking classic.
Keith, The Girl, Mattman and 1 others like this.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
Betsy was fucking fantastic!!

Who knew that an interior designer could be so magical? Funny, quick and whimsically charming; her wit was matched only by her horror of the studio's decor.

The show happily rambled from topic to topic, covering Betsy's past & present, cHemmo's hoarding, Keith marrying a Kardashian, NYC furniture transferal, and on and on through an audible festival of joy.

Wonderful ep. Fucking classic.

It was really cool to hear you guys talking about interior design, actually, so thanks for doing that.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Scat. Your post is incredibly offensive and has no place on an internet comedy forum. It's vulgar. It's crass. WORST OF ALL: politically incorrect. I'm sure Scumhook would agree.

Shame. Shame on you and every Canadian and/or American that looks like you. And every Aussie that looks like you. Possibly any British as well.

IF THERE ARE ANY NEW ZEALANDERS that happen to look like you, well, they are forgiven. After all, there's no need to get excessive
Old 10-09-2014, 06:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

The placement of the framed items in those pics is bizarre. It's all clustered by the ceiling! Weirdos!
My mom, who is 74 and does not speak english very well, calls target "Tarjay". She's not trying to be jokey, its adorable.

3)I've never heard of magnetic paint! We've got a wall that's painted with chalkboard paint from chair rail height to the ceiling. People draw on it when we have parties and we use it to remind ourselves of things (groceries, events, boobs, etc.)

The killam is a rug, I'm super curious if Betsy meant the Klippan. That's the one I have, it's bonded leather and I was just having a conversation about how surprisingly well it's held up over the years.

Also, my sister's "american name" is Betsy and we had an 18 year old chihuahua growing up. I feel like the fates are conspiring to make me love this guest!

Last edited by iheartnihilism; 10-09-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Scat. Your post is incredibly offensive and has no place on an internet comedy forum. It's vulgar. It's crass. WORST OF ALL: politically incorrect. I'm sure Scumhook would agree.

Shame. Shame on you and every Canadian and/or American that looks like you. And every Aussie that looks like you. Possibly any British as well.

IF THERE ARE ANY NEW ZEALANDERS that happen to look like you, well, they are forgiven. After all, there's no need to get excessive

Also, I was thinking of doing the magnetic paint for my kitchen backsplash. I ended up going with cheap stick-on tiles that I'm not a big fan of, so I'll probably do the magnetic paint eventually.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

Last edited by Scat; 10-09-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
I'm sure Scumhook would agree.
Oh how well you know me, piffobby.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Old 10-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

not that I'm pro-hoarder but am I the only one that found the "but then I broke him" segment kinda cunty.

#shrug