Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Snapchat: Whose side did you find yourself on?
Keith 35 55.56%
Chemda 28 44.44%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree39Likes

Old 10-14-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2068: Oh Snap!

With Kevin Bartini – Warming up TV audiences; Robert Downey, Jr. in Captain America 3; Cash Cab; George Carlin Way; Dallas Cowboys player caught shoplifting; Snapchat gets hacked; 2 female teachers sex underage male student.

Guest:
Kevin Bartini

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm really sorry Chemda, but I love the way Keith argues.
I'd never want to be in an argument with him though.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPete View Post
I'm really sorry Chemda, but I love the way Keith argues.
I'd never want to be in an argument with him though.
I see your pissweak pommy timezone is allowing you to get the jump on the rest of us cunts.

Well played, good sir.

Still, I'd rather wait a few hours to listen to KATG than have to drink warm beer.
BritPete likes this.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I like the way they argue with each other too, that's one of the reasons I listen. There's also Keith's comedy, Chemda's wisdom, and the great guests. (EDIT: Sorry Scumhook - I also like the fan interaction.)

I liked the cigarette analogy, but I think Chemda took it in the wrong direction by saying it's similar to someone switching out tobacco with something else.

For years PSAs have said there is no safe cigarette. Everyone who smokes must know that you risk getting cancer. I think what Keith means by "blame the users" is that everyone should understand by now that something transmitted over the internet risks being made public. I was told as far back as 1996 that I should never write anything online or say anything over a mobile phone that I didn't want made public.

Wait... am I online now? PRANK POST! PRANK POST!
Keith, Bucho and Scumhook like this.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
pommy
POM. Prisoner of her Majesty.

Not the greatest derogatory term I've heard. Limey bastard is also kind of weak. It's 2014. We need new and interesting ways to disparage our fellow foreigners.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 10-15-2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: oh. that's what it means
Old 10-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
POM. Prisoner of her Majesty.

Not the greatest derogatory term I've heard. Limey bastard is also kind of weak. It's 2014. We need new and interesting ways to disparage our fellow foreigners.
Oh no. You've set me up for a shit load of abuse now
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

Sorry Chemda but I have to agree with Keith when it comes to snapchat. I have a 15yr old daughter that has asked for snapchat along with Facebook and Twitter and I refuse to allow these on her phone. Why? Because kids are stupid. They do what they think is fun, cool, or pressured to do with no thought of the consequences.

For anyone to think that nothing could go wrong with sending nude pictures of themselves to anyone in any fashion, including Polaroids, is someone who is either too trusting or just dumb...or both.
Keith, Bucho, flerchin and 2 others like this.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

George Carlin Way

Really enjoyed Kevin Bartini and even more so when he talked about honoring George Carlin. It's sad to think that in a country full of plaques, monuments, and bullshit participation awards; a great thinker like George Carlin isn't recognized. George Bush got the de facto Presidential-Name-A-Library and that fool could barely read!

It's also very telling that the same Catholic Church Carlin went to as a kid; protested such a monumental New Yorker. Kevin mentioned George's autobiography Last Words. In it, Carlin devotes much of the book to his sincere love and admiration of that neighborhood. It's almost shocking, as an atheist, to read about his reverence for that Church. He details the love he had for the nuns who raised him.

We as free thinkers need to keep what this church tried to do fresh in our minds. When we hear prominent atheist Bill Maher comment on Muslim extremists and then say, "Well at least the Christians don't blow shit up." We gotta remember that although they aren't exploding in the news; they are working in more subtle ways to achieve their goal. Each faith would love nothing more than to dictate culture and thought.

In religion, it's the fairy-tale Bible way or no way at all. I'm so glad Kevin Bartini recognized this and made a George Carlin Way.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

SNAP CHAT THESE NUTS

This is the way I heard Chemda and Keith, (loudly discuss?) Snap Chat. As guest presumably hid under the Danny couch.

Chemda: It's really messed up Snap Chat allowed this to happen. It should not have happened.

Keith: Well, I think the best thing to do is just assume this is going to happen. You can't trust digitized media NOT to go everywhere, once it hits the internet. Just avoid using Snap Chat all together.

Can Danny be fitted for a referee outfit? A whistle perhaps?

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 10-15-2014 at 11:15 AM. Reason: delete.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
This is the way I heard Chemda and Keith, (loudly discuss?) Snap Chat. As guest presumably hid under the Danny couch.

Chemda: It's really messed up Snap Chat allowed this to happen. It should not have happened.

Keith: Well, I think the best thing to do is just assume this is going to happen. You can't trust digitized media NOT to go everywhere, once it hits the internet. Just avoid using Snap Chat all together.

Can Danny be fitted for a referee outfit? A whistle perhaps?
Wrong.

Keith: Everyone is dumb for putting their privates on SnapChat.

me: You put your privates on Skype.

Keith: It's not the same.

me: Does Skype use different internet?
Bucho, Lanfear, flerchin and 7 others like this.