Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you cut?
Yes 3 4.62%
No 62 95.38%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree23Likes

Old 11-10-2014, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2085: Tag, You're It

With Giulia Rozzi – Bulimia; Starbucks uses semen and cockroaches in their coffee recipes; poll results regarding show/Facebook tagging; Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Jets; Adrian Peterson, Super Dad; Paris Hilton sells $2 billion worth of perfume; Amy Shumer gets the word ‘pussy’ on Comedy Central; Robert Plant cancels $800 million 35-date tour; Interstellar; defending your life on the subway

Guest:
Giulia Rozzi

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

OMG I need a link to this Youtube video with the reverend speaking out against semen in Starbucks coffee.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Why no tagged pic of danny's arm?

It's a common thing that a lot of people cut because the physical pain can mute the mental pain. Also, the endorphins released from the damage have a nice calming effect. At least from what I remember.

In my heavy days of cutting where it was an almost daily thing, I'd just go to the hardware store and stock up on razor blades. After I thought I'd gotten it under control, I'd have relapses and have to break open a shaving razor to get the job done. I can't imagine trying to get your slice on with a shampoo bottle :/

The best thing you can hope for Danny is that he "grows out of it" to put it crassly. What I mean is that your 20s are when you turn into an adult and the person you want to be, so we can only hope that Danny finds a way to cope without cutting.

A lot of cutters don't do it to try to die, it's just a coping mechanism. I cut for 20 years*, 10 heavily, and I only tried to kill myself once (and that wasn't even by cutting).

Sorry if this is a heavy post, just meant to be conversational, I'm composing this as I listen. I'm happy that this episode wasn't super depressing (no sarcasm).

Last edited by iheartnihilism; 11-11-2014 at 07:16 AM. Reason: *ive gone years without cutting and am assuming/hoping as of 4 years ago i wont be doing it ever again
Old 11-12-2014, 04:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Dear Danny,

We love you, and don't think you're a shit head. Please don't hurt yourself.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
Dear Danny,

We love you, and don't think you're a shit head. Please don't hurt yourself unless it purges the demons who haunt your beautiful mind or provides entertainment for your listeners at the expense of your self-respect.
i know what you really meant...
Old 11-12-2014, 05:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Listening to the episode this morning - hearing Danny say the last time he did this was December . . . I'm wondering if one of those "sun lamps" might be a good investment. Could your ability to negotiate these feelings and thoughts be exacerbated by seasonal affective disorder stuff? Would natural light in your apartment help you to work through those thoughts in a different way?

I don't know . . .
dannyhatch likes this.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #7 (permalink)

Not to criticize Keith's science; there should've been an option "I used to". Because a person can heal - can learn how to cope with the pain in a healthy way. Cutting is a serious issue but with therapy, support, understand, help and love, a "cutter" can learn how to deal with the tough reality of life without self harm.
moondust367 and snowflake like this.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Do you cut . . . now?

I don't cut, but I did when I was little. I stopped, switching to bulimia, abusive relationships, seeking out danger, and drug/alcohol abuse. No Keith, nothing you can say will help in the moment. Being a good friend might. A lot of people helped me out through the years of being a crazy whirlwind of annoying until I dealt with the root issue= low self esteem. To quote Pam from Archer, "I like me."
I hear nihilism and sex_n_diamonds are dead on, endorphin release and coping mechanisms are a big part of it. I think a lot of it is just not knowing how to deal with one's feelings.

Do you Danny. Just do you.

Also I find counseling helps.
moondust367 and dannyhatch like this.

on tumors/cancer: "God's got jokes."-Keith
Old 11-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I will be a good friend to Danny by knowing that there is nothing I can do.
snowflake and scotteel1986 like this.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Cutting WTF I'm with keith Danny your a funny fucker but that shit gota stop I thought it was heavy when keith struggled to put shit on it