Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you smoke weed?
Yes 26 37.68%
No 43 62.32%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree34Likes

Old 04-20-2015, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

2165: Green Day

with Noah Gardenswartz – 4/20; Bloodline and American Crime reviews; Trevor Noah, joke thief; Conan writer goes rogue; Tiger Woods curses at The Masters; Keith’s 12th stand-up special; talking in your sleep

Guest:
Noah Gardenswartz

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

As a teenager, who smoked weed, I used to go to Washington Square Park on 4/20 and everyone there smoked in public and it was like an unspoken rule that the cops would not fuck with you on that day if you just stayed in the park. I know this sounds like crazypants shit but we did smoke blatently in public in broad daylight in front of cops and nothing happened. Every year. And this was way before weed was as accepted as it is now (94-98).

I was actually arrested (without being read my rights) for telling an undercover cop "I think that guy over there *gestures broadly* has weed" for "selling" in 1998 on the Christopher St. Piers. I was treated like shit: thrown in a van and chain gang handcuffed to grown men who were high on narcotics and had to be wrestled with to get cuffed. We drove around til the van was full and I couldn't even get the cuffs off to take a piss even though another woman was allowed to piss without cuffs AND without someone in the stall with her (to be fair I was full on punk rock at that point with blue 8 inch liberty spikes and she looked like a tourist in her 30's). I was held overnight, got a mug shot and errryting and then put on some sort of probation where if I didn't get arrested for 2 years the case would be sealed/expunged/whatever. Of course my mom didn't believe that at that point I had stopped smoking pot months before and was sober as a jaybird when it happened. By the by if someone can tell me how to get a hold of my mug shot that'd be awesome. I tried the internet a few years ago but had no luck.

Fun fact: 5 mins before it went down, we were playing Blondie's "One Way or Another" on a shitty little boom box and singing along.

I voted no though cause I haven't smoked pot since 1998. Weed is boring. Pass the vodka.

Also, chemda is fucking crazy. Does one cigarette not harm you cause you didn't smoke a pack? Coke harms you every time you do it and, fyi, no one does coke by doing one line. "I did coke Friday night" = multiple lines/bumps. You dont have to be addicted to something for it to harm you. Disclaimer: I haven't done coke in a few years not through lack of trying, I love it.

TL; DR: weed was a thing 20 years ago, chemda is nuts, someone help me find coke and my mugshot.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Trust me Chemda - Trust. Me. - coccaine will fuck you up.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I do not
Old 04-21-2015, 09:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I can't agree with Chemda more. The Culture High is a fantastic documentary explaining many different angles as to why pot is and will continue to be illegal, for now anyways. The media, politics, and privatized prisons all play a role in the criminalization of the plant and its users.

You're in luck, Keith. In the first 5 minutes of the doc, a swat team busts into this guy's house after finding things (a grinder and some stems if I remember correctly?) in his trash and shoots his barking (not attacking) dog.
crazyrob likes this.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I am a fan of SWAT teams...
Old 04-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #7 (permalink)

How far do I have to ff to get to the end of the weed talk?
Old 04-21-2015, 11:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
How far do I have to ff to get to the end of the weed talk?
the 4/20 show is /obviously/ going to be heavily about weed. shut your porky pie and download tomorrow. maybe don't watch this Thursday's 'That's The Show With Danny'

coke is so good you guys. in my heart of hearts, i'm a real speed head. meth ruins lives, but it feels incredible while it happens. adderall is my little best friend on show days; i shine like a fucking diamond.

long term, it will wreck everything about you. #fact

once every couple years, though, i'll hit the same toilet paper dispenser in the same stall of the same bar in the suburbs, do a bunch of lines, go all night, then drive the mountain pass home at sunrise. it's fucking amazing. i treasure those evenings.

weed, for me, is about like somebody who drinks too much coffee to keep from doing narcotics and amphetamines. could be worse, kwim?
Lanfear, dannyhatch and GreeningOA like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

ohhhhhhhhh I just looked up a review for the documentary.

My prediction: the rant after will be epic and potentially KATGuh worthy:

Quote:
A serious-minded two-hour documentary consisting of wall-to-wall talking heads isn’t the typical definition of stoner cinema, but “The Culture High” has a sincere aim to impact the ongoing debate over marijuana legalization. Unfortunately, the film’s haphazard structure and freewheeling arguments only serve to reinforce tired pothead cliches — it’s paranoid, prone to starry-eyed dorm-room philosophizing, and it doesn’t know when to quit.
?The Culture High? Review: Serious-Minded Stoner Cinema | Variety
Old 04-21-2015, 12:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

I understand that coke is unhealthy. Thank you for making sure though.