Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who would you rather hang out with?
Charlie Sheen 20 43.48%
Denise Richards 26 56.52%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree57Likes

Old 06-22-2015, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2198: Evil Terrorist Sack of Landfill Rash

Father’s Day; Workaholics’ Blake Anderson curses on TV; cops illegally raid weed dispensary; Clinton Correctional Facility’s escaped convicts; Rachel Dolezal revisited; the Charleston church terrorist; Marc Maron interviews Barack Obama; CNN apologizes for calling a gunman courageous and brave; TSA agent steals passenger’s bracelet

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 06-23-2015 at 12:42 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 03:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Of Course

Chemda A+
Old 06-23-2015, 04:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I love how the News apologizes, (like CNN did here) with, "the gun man was courageous" etc

It's more a commentary on how corporate media caters to corporate sponsorship, (IE commercial ad revenue) than actual giving a fuck.

Heaven forbid a consumer get offended.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

This race thing is crazy confusing. So if the caller's daughter marries a white guy and has "white" babies. And one of those babies marries a white guy... When do they stop being "black."
Old 06-23-2015, 09:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

It's really frustrating when the caller repeatedly says he's not talking about Rachel and then Chemda tells him to stop defending Rachel.
Lurban likes this.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoureuglytoo View Post
This race thing is crazy confusing. So if the caller's daughter marries a white guy and has "white" babies. And one of those babies marries a white guy... When do they stop being "black."
In America? When they no longer have black features or black family members that are still living. In the rest of the world it doesnt matter, you are what your parents are. Racially speaking at least.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
It's really frustrating when the caller repeatedly says he's not talking about Rachel and then Chemda tells him to stop defending Rachel.
If I said that I was black, would that be fucking ridiculous?
Old 06-23-2015, 11:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
Did the caller have ANY point to make? At all? Because as far as I could tell, they only even entertained that call for as long as they did because he was a kickstarter supporter. No fault to them for doing so, but there were no points made and no laughs had. Bad call. Seemed like a nice guy when he was on the show, just had a strange perspective on that issue.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

i think he was trying to have a conversation tangent to the Rachel Hot Mess.

what does it mean to be black? who belongs and who decides.

i think they're valid jump off points for a bi-racial person with a bi-racial child. Rachel clearly did not belong to the black community in an authentic way. she is a white woman. his child will present as a white woman; how much authenticity does the black community see in that kind of blackness. how much agency would this child have in her own blackness when she will benefit from white privilege, but retain black heritage and what part do cultural markers play here in the equation in giving her 'authentic' blackness or whiteness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 06-23-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
Did the caller have ANY point to make? At all? Because as far as I could tell, they only even entertained that call for as long as they did because he was a kickstarter supporter. No fault to them for doing so, but there were no points made and no laughs had. Bad call. Seemed like a nice guy when he was on the show, just had a strange perspective on that issue.
I wouldn't call into the show because I'd be afraid that I couldn't bring my point across the way I want to. Because that is hard to do in general sometimes and also neither Keith nor Chemda seemed to be in the mood to open the discussion to anything that wasn't about Rachel.

You can read the callers posts in yesterday's show threat, him and Toni are having a really interesting discussion.