Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: The operating room discussion, whose side were you on?
Keith and Chemda 31 65.96%
Myka and Lauren 16 34.04%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree56Likes

Old 06-28-2015, 07:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

2201: RATS

with Danny Hatch, Myka Fox, and Lauren Hennessy – Gay marriage legal in all 50 states; being transgender in America; what is acceptable from your doctor; Myq Kaplan on America’s Got Talent

Guests:
Danny Hatch

Lauren Hennessy

Myka Fox

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

The next step for this country is an Atheist President.
Keith and Scumhook like this.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Fun show! Thank you for taking my call. I realize that call had nothing to do with Louis and I don't know why my brain threw him out there. but since it did...

Keith - If it turns out Louis did it. I'm impressed that you'd be happy to never get a new album from him again. I'm curious about the rest of yous?

Me personally? I'd like to see him held accountable for his crimes: tried in court, serve whatever time and pay whatever penalties, and register as a sex offender. At that point, I'd be happy to enjoy new and old material. I honestly do think he'd be able to recover career-wise. and I feel like jail would be a hot-bed for new material.

I'm not saying this would be sufficient for every artist that commits an act of aggression against women. There is nothing in my book Cosby can do to get a "pass" like this. If Louis' alleged crimes are real, they appear to be on a whole different scale from Cosby, both in number and action (significantly less violent, less forceful, and less physically invasive). At this point (it seems) the second biggest problem is that he is bullying other artists and he thinks he is untouchable, and that is a dangerous feeling for him to possess. someone needs to shake him, before he turns into a real monster.

all that said, maybe it is a little dumb to speculate when we know so little information...

Oh, and for the curious... in California a sexual assault conviction carries with it a possible sentence of 24, 36 or 48 months in prison, as well as a possible $10,000 fine. This type of sentence is known as "determinate" since it results in a specific term of years in prison. In New York, sexual assault constitutes a class D felony. The sentencing judge has discretion to set the sentence, but the law binds the judge to impose a sentence within a certain range. Moreover, the sentence is an "indeterminate" one, which means that the judge doesn't set an exact term. Instead, the judge picks a range of years from in between the absolute minimum and the absolute maximum set by law. The defendant could serve the entire term or just the minimum amount depending on their behavior in prison and other factors. New York law sets the absolute minimum sentence for sexual assault at one to two years and the absolute maximum penalty at seven years. Judges can choose any range that falls within those limits.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon View Post
The next step for this country is an Atheist President.
You mean an out Atheist. There's mostly likely already been one.
Scumhook, devohawk and Apia like this.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

I already assume anyone who's seen me naked is going to make fun of my penis.

Sometimes they don't even wait until I'm unconscious.

Give me a good doc any day. Or a bad doc with some good dick jokes.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I often disagree with Lauren, but this time I agree completely.
I don't want to know what people say
about me behind my back, when I don't know them and will probably never see them again.
Stop recording. How was it with freedom of speech?

They should be nice to me and do good work.

Doctors are just people. I know it exactly, because I work as a sales representative for a pharmaceutical company and see 140 doctors on regular basis, on average 8 per day.
Some are nice, some are assholes. Some are friends of mine, and I enjoy talking with them about private stuff. Some are terrible people and some of them are at least good at their job and some not even this. But they finished medical school and have this job now.

A doctor is not a better human then a waiter. It's just a longer education for doctors. It does not make a nicer person.
Essentially you're saying that doctors are just normal people who do this kind of thing. However you're missing the point, no one is disputing that a doctor is just a person. Of course the education doesn't make them nicer people, but they ARE held to a higher standard in the work place like any other 8 year degree. Hell even a waiter can get fired for talking shit about a customer within earshot of the customer.
The thing that strikes me is that those doctors (or nurses?) made fun of the guys penis. Thats sexual harassment. Can you imagine how much worse this would come off if they were male doctors talking about how unattractive the patients pussy was?
Keith and devohawk like this.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I never thought I'd see the day where I disagree with both Keith and Chemda. You two aren't being goofy but I dunno. You just don't make any sense.
Doctors are better than waiters? Anyone? How and why? Because they are smarter than us? Because they know what long chemical names mean? Because they went to school for another 10 years after most people stopped? None of these things make you a good person; make you better than anyone else. Being smarter doesn't make you good. Being good is a choice you make with the knowledge you know.

These people on the tape ARE terrible doctors and terrible people and everything happening should be happening but because they planned to lie to their patient about his treatment and about the diseases he had. Those are some malpractice-y actions if I ever heard em. Talking shit about someone means absolutely nothing about their skills as doctors, it does make them shitty humans but that's not actionable in court.

No doctor takes an oath to treat you like a good person. They take oaths not to bring harm to your physical body. that's it. The confidentiality prevents them from telling other people about your private ailments or treatments, not from being assholes and making fun of you.
g001dfinger and ImStillToni like this.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

Danny as Tim Dillon is aces. Love everyone in this show great choices Stephanie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyReference View Post
You mean an out Atheist. There's mostly likely already been one.
We have one right now.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm still torn on this, mainly because due to the yelling, I'm still genuinely confused about which opinion each side has (I always have to re-listen if I'm in chat during the show). I still maintain everyone in any job position talks shit about customers. Which, in theory, means anyone we pay for a service talks shit about us. I don't care if its a doctor or a waiter, any customer could record the person they are paying to provide services and be in the same position.

Why such the outrage over the doctor's comments?

The only thing that I found offensive was the blatant lie about hemorrhoids. That is violating all sorts of ethics and laws, which is then compounded by potential insurance issues due to the lie which is now in the patient's record as "pre-existing." Why doesn't anyone question how this patient was allowed to even have his phone IN the surgical room when I was forced to take out a nipple piercing that had nothing to do with the surgery at hand on my lady bits. Metal is bad, but an electronic device that is in use during surgery is fine and there is no interference of any kind? That makes no fucking sense to me and a big piece of the story I have not heard/read about as of yet.

Is it the fact it's a doctor who was caught? A doctor who is human like you and I, just went through a lot of extra debt and additional schooling and works crazy hours? Chemda seems sooo offended that this was a doctor but fuck, it could have been anyone you pay money to in order to complete a service. So I think I fall somewhere in the middle: I think the doctor was wrong just for the hemorrhoid lie, not for the comments any of the staff made while a patient was under that could be chalked up to workplace chatter. This IS their workplace, just like the restaurant Keith worked at when he put shit in his customer's food. How is that any different? Do not put a fucking doctor on a pedestal, they choose an exhausting profession but they are not superhuman or expected not to act human at times.
Tattoo #146, put some respect on my name!
#FuckToni, Show 1992: Comedy Outlaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The thing is, Toni happens to be absolutely batshit.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

And cops are just people too, so quit complaining about them, also.
The Girl, Los, thirteen and 1 others like this.