Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you have felt responsible selling the Glock and AR-15 to Omar Mateen?
Yes 23 63.89%
No 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree15Likes

Old 06-14-2016, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

2407: Love Musket

with Alzo Slade – Losing your virginity; being a player; why cops distrust black people; the Orlando shooting update; KATG polls; southern fighters; why not to drink; working with at-risk youth

Guest:
Alzo Slade

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If I was to join the NRA as a paid member, would that afford me voting rights?

Further, if a whole lot of people joined the NRA - who believe they are a part of the problem - would that afford them voting rights - that could lead to change within the organization - towards responsible gun ownership laws?
Old 06-15-2016, 04:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
If I was to join the NRA as a paid member, would that afford me voting rights?

Further, if a whole lot of people joined the NRA - who believe they are a part of the problem - would that afford them voting rights - that could lead to change within the organization - towards responsible gun ownership laws?
Apparently they have about 5 million members. Even assuming everyone has equal voting weight, and assuming you'd only be voting gradually towards more responsible gun laws (as to not make it obvious what's going on), that would require a mass effort of millions of people not just at once, but over the course of a long period of time.

I feel like that kind of internal sabotage would be easy to smell quick, and I doubt you can just join & have immediate voting rights equal to other long-standing members. But it'd make a good Oscar flick.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

Orlando gunman Omar Mateen was a regular at Pulse, says nightclubber ? video | US news | The Guardian

More evidence that he was a regular at the bar. This all just makes it so much sadder.

A spokesperson for ISIS recently released a statement calling Omar their "brother" and praising his actions. I wonder if they see all the news coming out about Omar clearly being gay, and they just have to be like, "Umm nevermind...he was a filthy homosexual like the rest of them. Forget that thing we just said."

Like how do you come back from that?
Old 06-16-2016, 07:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Gun control proposition:

1) There will be a government list of registered LGBT individuals. (stick with me; I'm going somewhere with this)
2) Registration on the list is NOT mandatory for LGBT individuals.
3) Guns may ONLY be purchased/owned by individuals on the LGBT list.

So Buford can legally get himself a gun, but he has to sign up for the LGBT Registry. Maybe there's even a pledge he has to make in front of a judge: "I simply cannot get enough of the d", that sort of thing--which is recorded.

There is no follow-up on the Registry--no green card-like investigation asking him, "have you had non-gay relations with a woman in the past year" or anything like that. Just the list and the recorded pledge--which are both available to the press and the public under the Freedom of Information Act. Also, newspapers have to publish registered declarations of gayness like when you want to change your name or register a business.

How many guns get sold then? Also, now everybody knows the gays might be packing heat. (Not in the innuendo way.)
memecherry likes this.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I enjoyed Alzo.

24:50
Keith: "...we have these other countries that are, uh, they have a mass shooting they ban the guns, they don't have mass shootings."

How did that work for Paris?

Fully automatic weapons have been regulated since the 1968 Gun Control Act, which was supported by the NRA.

Last edited by Paraquat; 06-23-2016 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

How many mass shootings were there in Paris that you're referring to?

Approximately.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Most recently?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/

This one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2016, 04:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

27 minutes in, quoting a letter, "...much harder to kill 50 people with a knife..."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/33...g-spree-n41966

Old 06-23-2016, 04:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraquat View Post
Most recently?

Paris massacre: At least 128 die in attacks - CNN.com

This one.

Oh come on

Yes France had a supremely shitty 2015 but we are not trying to analyze outliers but overall big picture:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...nt-happen-oth/
image.jpg
And just so you don't get technical on me, Norway Switzerland and Finland are tiny countries where one big disaster will heavily shift the per capita average.
I haven't found valid statistics yet but my gut feel tells me that adding 2015 and 2016 numbers the US is catching up in that statistic as well.