Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is being on a televised beauty pageant a talent?
Yes 8 21.05%
No 30 78.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree18Likes

Old 06-29-2016, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2418: Method Man

with Frank Liotti – Meth; cheating; abusive waiter jobs; behind-the-scenes of Grand Theft Auto V and TV shows; gay comics and their audience; 9-year-old tries to kill himself over having to share candy; Miss Teen USA cancels the swimsuit competition in favor of athletic wear

Guest:
Frank Liotti

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 06-30-2016 at 12:51 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Keith nailed it on the head with "I see 'em on stage and I'm like 'They're so talented'". What talent is involved in being pretty at a pageant? You're lucky enough to be born with good looks, then rushed into the industry at a young age by your shitty parents, and that's it. You can work hard to exercise & tone your body, but you don't need to be talented to do that. You look pretty professionally, there's really not much to it.
Keith likes this.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Did you type that with a straight face?
Old 06-30-2016, 05:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
I saw Carrie Prejean, Miss California who was asked by Perez Hilton about legalizing same-sex marriage, in person.

She does have a talent of looking "pretty" on TV because she did not look all that attractive in person.
Well then that "talent" is the extensive hours of make-up/hair etc. that are obviously involved in a beauty pageant. Of course she would look prettier there, you're trying to win a competition for that exact reason. It's not called the "natural beauty pageant".
Old 06-30-2016, 05:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

the pageant world is fucking hard ball. there's a strict set of standards, genetic and synthetic, that even if you manage to meet, the last yard is about Charm and Stage Presence--that you either have or you don't--all at the mercy of the politics already in play of where you are, who /you/ are, who your competition is that day and the subjective, arbitrary taste of a panel. it's not about winning one little pageant, this is a numbers game. domination. moar crowns, moar money.

you can't just show up pretty and take home a crown, basic bitches. it's not about being pretty, it's about being a goddamn gladiator.
The Girl, CherryLavender and Apia like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 06-30-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I think comedian Kurt Metzger said it best; "Why are we asking smarty pants questions at a pretty contest... That's like if you took Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the second woman nominated to the supreme court; "Okay Ruth Bader Ginsburg great legal answers... but now here comes the swim suit part of the contest. Here put on this swim suit, let's see that beach body."

With that said I never got the point of who those contest were for, I never heard of a person masturbating to the pagent, or looking to it for fashion tips. From as far back as I can remember all that ever happens to beauty contestants is shame, disgrace or murder. It's like once a year we have to sacrifice a pretty girl to the Mediocre gods so that the rest of us don't feel like total shit for not doing a sit-up once in awhile.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

the questions are a test of public speaking; stage presence and charm, bruh. can you be caught off guard and bullshit like you know what you're doing. it's about knowing your audience and getting what you want from them. it doesn't matter if the answer is correct, did you speak it eloquently and did you appeal to the panel.

once a year? please. some of these girls work their entire life for that shot. you have to qualify through many sanctioned rounds to even get to the televised pageants. it's like the olympics; you only have so much time and body to make it. to be the best. if you crap out at the local or state level you have to start over.

pageants are for pageant girls and a thick ass industry of clothing makers, hairdressers, make up artists, photographers, coaches, event producers, venues, and associated product vendors. maybe you don't jerk off to it (woe is you, btw), but people have built careers on, around, and with it.

"that girl" isn't sacrificial, she's a champion.

Last edited by Sparrow; 07-01-2016 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Can I? Absolutely not, its probably why I wouldn't enter a contest where that is the main feature. I also seem to have miscommunication my point, or you just really love pageants. I understand that other pageant contenders or hopefuls and people in the industry would watch it. But the regular viewer on what level do they enjoy the show? It seems not to be on a sexual level, they don't seem to come away with great fashion tips. Is it purely for the sake of competition I mean even the differences between the women seem so granular that its almost like they are making the numbers up as they go along.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

spectacle.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

beauty pageants and marching band competitions are a couple of my guilty pleasures.
CherryLavender likes this.