Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did you ever have a pregnancy scare?
Yes 28 75.68%
No 9 24.32%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree17Likes

Old 02-22-2017, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2576: No Kidding

with Myq Kaplan – Pregnancy scares; raped men; pineapple on pizza; pot arrest increase; meth head calls cops; Monopoly discards the thimble; New Jersey women given wrong baby to breast feed, twice; man stands under Walmart sign hoping it falls; Dennis Rodman drunk drives on wrong side of freeway; The Great Wall review; robots that hunt prey

Guest:
Myq Kaplan

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Something is wrong here. That's not myq. This some guy with eyes on his penis, Keith has a girlfriend and Chemda is dropping the r word .
You're right. This is Chris Iacono. Episode 1539.

KATG Guest Page

Methinks Ass. Prod. is going to get a talking to soon. Please have the mics on.

And Chemda, your sexual assault talk is getting extreme. I was personally offended when you said no straight men could attend your silent event because you didn't want people to look up and see their rapist. I took both of your advice from past shows and told myself, "If I wasn't offended by you making fun of X because it had nothing to do with me, then I can't be offended by Y because it happens to be somewhat related to me." Then I got offended at myself because I thought that Chemda, one of the kindest and most empathetic people I've ever heard, could somehow be singling me out as a bad person.

And this wasn't the "struck a nerve" reaction like some men can't laugh at Marcia Belsky because it hits too close to home. This was more of a "if we ever met, we could be friends, but now I feel that you just see me as a rapist" feeling.

I'm a straight, white, cis male. KATG has taught me so much. Before Hennessy told us his story, I used to see OKCupid/Tinder profiles with a picture of a man labeled as a woman and think, "Dumbass, you can't fill out a dating site profile." Now I think, "Awesome, own your transgender identity." Every person is capable of sexual assault, but not every cis man is a sexual predator. Every woman may be the victim of some scumbag predator during her life, but not from every man she meets. I am not, have never been, and will never be a rapist. You grouping me with these monsters is the same as Trump calling all Mexicans criminals and rapists. It is extremely insulting to the overwhelmingly vast majority that are not.

=======================
EDIT: I'm adding this because I don't want Chemda to feel bad about this at all or that I expect any kind of apology. Chemda is 1,000% right in defending people against sexual predators. She is standing up and doing something about it, and she can do so in any way she feels she can. Chemda: you are an example for us all. I just want you to understand that you're discounting a huge population that is on your side in this fight. And, this probably should have been posted under Yamaneika's show from yesterday.
=======================
Fiona_In_Ireland likes this.

Last edited by PsychoLoco; 02-23-2017 at 06:17 AM. Reason: To not make Chemda feel bad AT ALL!
Old 02-23-2017, 04:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

FYI - If you're VIP, you can login, go to the Past Guests page, and download tomorrow's show (for Feb. 24) already, but it doesn't have a forums page yet.

Don't get me started on the fact that there's an unreleased Myq Kaplan show out there somewhere.
Lanfear and Apia like this.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I wasn't mad at a surprise throwback Chris Iacono show - he was always delightfully funny

But I will jump on a 10 hour flight in ~7 hours so a new Myq show would be much appreciated
Old 02-23-2017, 06:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

DANNY!!!

All fixed. Thanks.
memecherry, PsychoLoco and Apia like this.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
DANNY!!!

All fixed. Thanks.
Funny how accidentally changing a 7 to a 2 will send you back in time 5 years. I didn't even realize it was an old show until the Scat situation came up and the iPod vs Disney Book gift conversation started.
Apia likes this.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

PsychoLoco, I get it. But it IS funny that in this thread there's a problem with safe spaces. While, simultaneously, in the other thread men are telling women to teach each other rape prevention techniques.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
memecherry and Lanfear like this.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
The girlfriend talk was strange and then the R word from Chemda made me sure this can not be current.
It was also so strange to hear Chemda use she/her talking about someone she was dating.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
PsychoLoco, I get it. But it IS funny that in this thread there's a problem with safe spaces. While, simultaneously, in the other thread men are telling women to teach each other rape prevention techniques.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got lost in that huge thread. I meant what I said about trying not to be offended because I know you didn't mean it. I guess it's just one of those weird things about listening for almost a decade. I didn't mean that anyone should be allowed access to a safe space. I thought about how it could have been said in a way that wouldn't have offended me, and kind of decided it wasn't the purpose of the event, it was having to face the apparent fact that just walking into a room can trigger a horrible response in someone I've never met. Plenty of your guests have shows that are for a certain type of performer (all women, all minorities, all LGBT, etc.) and it never bothered me at all. If you had said, "We are doing this for these people to help them cope," I would simply have thought that it wasn't an event I'd be interested in attending. However, if you had added, "If you're not one of these people and want to participate, then please donate to KATG and help us buy food, drinks, candles to show your support," I think it would have been a lot less jarring for me to hear, but in the end it's something I needed to hear because I need to be part of the solution however I can.

Last edited by PsychoLoco; 02-23-2017 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Thought I fixed something i misunderstood, didn't, hopefully did now
Old 02-23-2017, 11:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

Wow, being excluded from something must be new to you.

How nice.
Keith and memecherry like this.