Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you comfortable with your significant other being friends with an ex?
Yes 22 61.11%
No 14 38.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By Jo_Culprit
  • 2 Post By Sakugenken
  • 1 Post By Scorpion
  • 2 Post By Sparrow
  • 1 Post By Keith

Old 08-07-2017, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2688: This Is Why You’re Single

with Laura Lane and Angela Spera – Laura’s wedding; dating Ryan Lochte; Lauren’s insensitive pro poker playing brother; dating a deaf person; listener relationship comments and questions

Guest:
This Is Why You're Single

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

"He's choosing the dumbest possible way to deal with it, cause he's trying to let everyone like him the way they wanna like him"
"Why is she feeling nuclear?""Because he's making her to be nuclear"

Holy shit man, Chemda is so on the money. I had to go back and listen to Chemda's analysis of the listeners' situation with her male 'best friend' 4 times. I've been the guy in that situation before and just blindly walked along until everything imploded.

Chemda dropped some heavy insight bombs in this episode.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 08-07-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I guess I wasn't clear in what I was trying to say, because of habits we formed when first dating, when I couldn't speak Japanese well (I had been living here for about a year) and her imprecise English we really had to learn to listen to each other and to be clear in what we said and meant. Not to say that we never fight but even now we seldom have that "I thought you said/ I assumed you meant" kind of fight. We dated for two years before getting married, my Japanese improving the whole time. Now I have been here 26 years and we have been married 23. Still I think that learning to listen to each other and not guess at what was said has led to our being happy today. Of course now my Japanese is much better than her English. I was interviewed on TV a couple of months ago, take a look if you are interested, it is subtitled in English:

https://youtu.be/GScAcHtm2UE?list=FL...9Iaadk0yRxno0A
Keith and Scorpion like this.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

X-friends

I married my ex's sister and I'm best friends with my ex's husband. I'm certainly friends with my wife's sister but like Chemda has said many times regarding dating Keith (not quoting) it's hard to remember dating I just feel like friends.
Furthermore we all live in the same house, and for 8 years now. I drove my ex to the hospital to have her 2nd child while her husband drove from work to the hospital and my wife watched the baby at home while the baby slept and came later.

So, to say you can't be friends with someone of the opposite sex is to say you either haven't really tried, you have mental damage, or you can't control your junk (which to me is not trying or metal damage).

Maybe you just don't trust someone else to be friends with the opposite sex. So, either you are dating people you don't/can't trust or you have trust issues.
Sparrow likes this.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

Sarge and i reconnecting has been awesome. it only works b/c neither of us want to fuck each other and my dear husband is the chillest motherfucker alive. i've taken him to his colonoscopy; picked him up from the mechanics when his car did a thing; he's come over at an unreasonable hour to kill a snake that had gotten in the house while Bear was away; our dogs play together; we still talk to each others' mothers. every once in a while we'll sit on his front porch all afternoon, drink beer, and not talk. i don't have other experience with this kind of thing, but so far, it's working out pretty swell. we were shit awful partners for each other, but somewhere in there we did become family.
Keith and Scorpion like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Sarge and i reconnecting has been awesome..
What happened to the Baker from Canada?
Old 08-08-2017, 03:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

she's back in Canada.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Yes most likely the dude in the listeners question was doing something shady buuuut and trust me I feel pretty conflicted about typing this but here we go anyway:

You know that dude for 5 months and parts of that you were dating and other parts you were friends with benefits? That's not your good friend that's a random fuck buddy

And if you try to argue that he is your friend you sure aren't his and if you want to be his friend you might want to learn his current relationships name. Yes absolutely no need to name that girl in the question but fucking hell you should at least pretend to know it?

Come on everybody - am I completely off base on that?
Old 08-08-2017, 08:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Probably. You say some goofy stuff sometimes.
Scorpion likes this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
Not at all. She doesn't know new-GF's name because it will be easier to fuck her ex if she doesn't think of new-GF as a person.